Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35
B
B
Originally Posted by Billman12
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Tell us about the circumstances in which you come to have an "other child" (OC).

Not many believe this, but it was confirmed with the OW.

8 years ago, we had a babysitter. I was not the husband I wanted to be and I thought I was ruining my wife's life. I questioned staying with her. I never had nor made friends and at the tie I needed someone to talk to about whether to stay married or not. I stupidly chose the baby sitter. There was No emotional connection.

My wife liked to party and drink all the time. I hated it and Never drank, ever. I did not understand the buzz about drinking so one night I decided to drink to get drunk while my wife was away with family. During my stupor, and unable to hold my liquor, the babysitter came down from the upstairs apartment (she lived with her aunt, our friend). She was hitting on me, and I said no, you have to go. But since I do not remember anything beyond this point - this is what the OW told me:

I left the living room and went to my room and passed out. The OW came in the room and tried to wake me, she could not. At this point, she got my pants off and had her way with me while I was passed out. - reminder I never drank before and had downed a 12 pack in about 20 minutes.

When I came to (very hazy to remember), I thought I had urinated in my sleep - did not understand then, after OW story it made sense.

My wife suspected I was cheating, but I never had a plan nor did I want to. A few weeks later, OW said she was raped at a party and was pregnant. My wife and I both argued over it, nether of us knew anything more than the other. I assured her the child could not be mine, and she never heard the story from the OW, so never really believed me.

Several years later, OW calls up and claims she needed help with medical for the child and named me as the father. I was still unaware of the story. And here came the blood test. I had no contact with the OW, and ended up paying support.

After our first separation, I finally contacted the OW, and she then told me what happened, but by this point there was no legal recourse, and my wife wanted nothing to do with it.
Did you have her charged with rape?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
I am not sure yet what my questions should be. During the course of this affair, I have become stronger and smarter to what has cause our marriage to crumble. I have come to realizations that i never even considered an issue in the past.

I know what I must do in order or my wife to see me again as the man she fell in love with and be able to do it again in the future. My only dilemma at the moment is the waiting for the affair to end, and the chance to have real conversations with her again, conversations that are more than just about the children.
Do you have NC with OC and OW?

There was a DNA test, correct?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
Tell us about the circumstances in which you come to have an "other child" (OC).

8 years ago, we had a babysitter. I was not the husband I wanted to be and I thought I was ruining my wife's life. I questioned staying with her. I never had nor made friends and at the tie I needed someone to talk to about whether to stay married or not. I stupidly chose the baby sitter. There was No emotional connection.

My wife liked to party and drink all the time. I hated it and Never drank, ever. I did not understand the buzz about drinking so one night I decided to drink to get drunk while my wife was away with family. During my stupor, and unable to hold my liquor, the babysitter came down from the upstairs apartment (she lived with her aunt, our friend). She was hitting on me, and I said no, you have to go. But since I do not remember anything beyond this point - this is what the OW told me:

I left the living room and went to my room and passed out. The OW came in the room and tried to wake me, she could not. At this point, she got my pants off and had her way with me while I was passed out. - reminder I never drank before and had downed a 12 pack in about 20 minutes.

When I came to (very hazy to remember), I thought I had urinated in my sleep - did not understand then, after OW story it made sense.

My wife suspected I was cheating, but I never had a plan nor did I want to. A few weeks later, OW said she was raped at a party and was pregnant. My wife and I both argued over it, nether of us knew anything more than the other. I assured her the child could not be mine, and she never heard the story from the OW, so never really believed me.

Several years later, OW calls up and claims she needed help with medical for the child and named me as the father. I was still unaware of the story. And here came the blood test. I had no contact with the OW, and ended up paying support.

After our first separation, I finally contacted the OW, and she then told me what happened, but by this point there was no legal recourse, and my wife wanted nothing to do with it.
Never mind I see you were 25 and she was only 16. So she could charge you.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

M
M

Never mind I see you were 25 and she was only 16. So she could charge you.
The only thing more incredible than this story is that anybody would think it could passed off as truth. It takes a wayward mindset to think that.

me-65
wife-61
married for 40 years
DS - 38, autistic, lives at home
DD - 37, married and on her own
DS - 32, still living with us
S
S
Indeed. The rapid consumption of a 12-pack is associated with "brewer's droop" rather than the unwilling conception of a child.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
J
J
How is the exposure going?
You should be emailing family and friends and the OM family and friends today and finish by midnight.
This needs to be wrapped up.
Also, post the OM on Cheaterville.

B
OP Offline
B

No, due to the circumstance, it was nearly 5 years after the fact that the confimation came to light.

Do you have NC with OC and OW?

No, she is in another state, and this was 8 years ago.

There was a DNA test, correct?

Yes, about 4 years ago.

About the alcohol, remember I never drank before and the reason I decided to do this to understand my wife's obsesion with the need to be drunk to enjoy a good time.

Me: 35
Her: 31
Together: 05/03/2002
Married: 10/14/2004
Children: D10,D8,S5
Bomb: 08/26/2014
Wife's Affair Ended 10/01/2015
Reconciliation, without commitment .... Yet
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
How is the exposure going?
You should be emailing family and friends and the OM family and friends today and finish by midnight.
This needs to be wrapped up.
Also, post the OM on Cheaterville.

All of this is done.
Sad how many responses were "well if you were not making her happy...."
No one has any faith in marriage anymore.

B
OP Offline
B
She and He both blocked me on Facebook now.

This was expected right? She is supposed to get furious now.

Bah the anxiety.

Last edited by Billman12; 11/09/14 06:53 PM.

L
L
She and He both blocked me on Facebook now.

This was expected right? She is supposed to get furious now.

Bah the anxiety.

Yes, not only expected, but pretty much a guarantee.

That's why all Betrayed Spouses are advised to copy all the FB Contacts before they expose, because it's so commonplace.

LTL

L
L
Are you able to slip in some Plan A Love Bank Deposits at any opening?

LTL

B
OP Offline
B
She called my sister and threatened the Court order on me. My sister called and said she was angry and that she "would not hesitate to going back to court for violation".

The best part about that, is no contest. My lawyer told me that we are allowed to have contact peacefully about the children. And she may at any time allow for any other conversation as long as it remains peaceful - which it has.

I find it calming a bit that she is mad. Not sure why totally.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by LearnedTooLate
Are you able to slip in some Plan A Love Bank Deposits at any opening?

LTL

Please elaborate. Remember I am not in home, and we are not likely to have contact for awhile - I may even need an IM for the children.

Edit: I did some reading, and yes the last few interactions we had, there were several deposits. Every time I get a chance I plan on doing something if appropriate to continue the deposits.

Last edited by Billman12; 11/09/14 07:58 PM.

B
OP Offline
B
I do have one qualm about this however. This exposure seems to be contingent on an affair where I am still in the home, and the spouse has some semblance of not wanting to leave the marriage.

This is an exit affair, does this tactic still work, when she believes she has her mind made up to leave? I don't think her mind is completely made up, but I am no mind reader.

T
T
Billman,

I think given the active RO for the next year and your ww's attitude to you, you should have heeded Melody's advice and skip the exposure. Exposure of the affair is critical. In your case your ww and the court have leverage over you and that makes your situation different in my opinion. Have you considered contacting Dr. Harley for advice at this point?

Tom

P
P
Whether or not your wife ever returns to your marriage, exposure is unequivocally good. It is your best shot to break up the affair no matter what. Even if she never comes back, you do not want that man around your children and you do not want him to be an influence over your wife.

I recently exposed and I believe that although my husband still talks to her, I am 100% sure their relationship was so damaged by it that they would never actually be able to have a normal relationship even if we get divorced and never talk ever again. He was incredibly unnerved by people knowing and confronting him. I might be wrong, but its th best shot at breaking up an affair.

Me: 38, have been divorced for 4 years
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Tom2010
Billman,

Have you considered contacting Dr. Harley for advice at this point?

Tom

Money is likely a factor, and would not be easy. Please direct me.

F
F
You can Email your questions to Joyce Harley at mbradio@marriagebuilders.com. When your email question is chosen to be answered on the radio show, you will be notified by email directing you to listen to the rebroadcast. If you would like to consider being a caller, include your telephone number. You will be called by us to explain the procedure to you. Every caller will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses their question.

F
F
There is no cost involved to be part of the show if you decide to be a caller, if not your questions will still be answered.

B
OP Offline
B
I will send an email.

Page 5 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation