Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jss4 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I have discovered my WS has some accounts with USAA. One of those USAA accounts was revealed during our divorce but the other account was never revealed. I have hired a PI who has recovered some other accounts but seems to be having a more difficult time cracking these two USAA accounts. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice; as I am 99% sure WS has hidden money in offshore bank accounts or in this USAA account. Thanks.

L
L
Originally Posted by jss4
I have discovered my WS has some accounts with USAA. One of those USAA accounts was revealed during our divorce but the other account was never revealed. I have hired a PI who has recovered some other accounts but seems to be having a more difficult time cracking these two USAA accounts. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice; as I am 99% sure WS has hidden money in offshore bank accounts or in this USAA account. Thanks.

Sorry that it took me so long to spot this. Hope you are still around. You have two actions that you should take.

First ask the court for permission to instruct USAA to immediately freeze all the accounts connected to your ex husband's ss number. This will need to be authorized by the judge that handled your divorce petition. This can be done without forewarning him if you have evidence that he lied on the marital asset disclosure that he set before the court.

Second is to issue subpoenas against all the USAA accounts, same judge so try to do both together. That will give you access to all the records going back to your divorce filing. Once you have those records, you will be able to see any asset transfers overseas. You may have to do a second round of subpoenas for the wire transfer details to see where the money went.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
B
B
Your divorce was final almost 15 yrs ago...do you have any legal recourse in your state? Is there a statute of limitations? And is it worth all the headache and legal fees?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
L
L
Originally Posted by black_raven
Your divorce was final almost 15 yrs ago...do you have any legal recourse in your state? Is there a statute of limitations? And is it worth all the headache and legal fees?

Ah well spotted. Totally pointless in throwing good money after bad. Drop it, nothing you can do this long after your divorce.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
B
B
How do you know this? I read all her 5 posts and didn't see where she stated this.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
How do you know this? I read all her 5 posts and didn't see where she stated this.

First post, last sentence...been divorced 9 yrs and post was 11/2012. Not quite 15 yrs but close enough...long ago.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
S
S
First post, last sentence...been divorced 9 yrs and post was 11/2012. Not quite 15 yrs but close enough...long ago.
You mean her first ever post on MB, not the first post to this thread.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Thanks. Is this a new H?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
Originally Posted by SugarCane

Yep smile

Didn't see mention of a new H so I am assuming this is for an old divorce. Could be wrong but even the most recent post is from Dec 2014.

think

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation