Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
J
J
I just wanted to send my support for fighting for your marriage and using what ever means and friends you have to, you landed in a very important place here, there are a lot of caring folks that will walk you through every step to give you the best chance possible���.be strong and don't get caught up in the anger the fog babble she will spew about you ruining everything with the exposure��..it's time to shine a light on what is trying to ruin your marriage��you did what is right

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
T
T
You have had great advice so far. So just follow it.

M
M
Originally Posted by typicalman
Our neighbors invited me over to their house tonight to talk. These particular folks will be hard for my wife to ignore because we have a really special connection to them (I won't explain here). What should I ask them to say or do? I'm starting to create a strong line up of folks that can influence my wife.

First off, do they know of the affair? If not, tell them about it and ask for their support.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
OP Offline
T
Wife took the kids and left. What do I do?

J
J
Wife took the kids and left. What do I do?

This is what I did when it happened to me:

Call the school in the morning and ask if they are present. If they are not present, call Children Services and the Police.
Check your bank account balances.

T
OP Offline
T
Is there any way to get them back. ..they are my kids too.

T
OP Offline
T
Did ether do anything?

J
J
This happened to me also.
You will likely be unable to get them back tonight.
If you are calm and collected you can call the police but I doubt they will act. They typically will tell you to contact your attorney.
If you think your wife is unstable and may harm the kids then certainly tell the police that.

If the police call you she will probably tell them that you are mentally unstable and not safe to be around. That's what my ex did. They will not use force of law to return the kids.

J
J
I know this is hard but try to get a good night sleep if possible.
I came back to an empty house a few times but got custody of the kids during divorce.
One night is not worth loosing sleep over

T
OP Offline
T
What can I do to get them back?

T
OP Offline
T
My wife's family is completely supporting her. They are calling the exposure the last act of abuse...same gaslighting I have endured from her.

J
J

Call your school this morning and see if they were brought to school.

Also contact a family law attorney. Tell the attorney that you are trying to save your marriage but want to protect your parental rights and want full custody of the kids if she leaves.

N
N
typical wayward action, punish you with the children. Sickening really the lengths the adulterers will go to protect their behavior.

You should have already retained an attorney, get him to file for custody immediately. Depending on your jurisdiction, he/she should know what to do, if not find a new one.

T
T
Originally Posted by NebDane
typical wayward action, punish you with the children. Sickening really the lengths the adulterers will go to protect their behavior.

You should have already retained an attorney, get him to file for custody immediately. Depending on your jurisdiction, he/she should know what to do, if not find a new one.

Some attorneys are lazy and do not want to work for their money. So light a fire under him. Important thing is to sit tight and not react to WW's scare tactics. WW can only keep the kids short term. If kids are not in school then have lawyer make a motion to have the kids to be returned home because it is in the kids best interest to not have their lives interrupted and pulled out of school and be moved around as gypsies.

Last edited by TheRoad; 04/28/15 07:42 AM.
I
I
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Important thing is to sit tight and not react to WW's scare tactics. WW can only keep the kids short term.

Yes. This is ill thought out pouting. She's not thinking about long term issues or about the kids or the fact she'll have to face people eventually.

Plan legally for all eventualities.

Chin up.

Last edited by indiegirl; 04/28/15 08:38 AM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

P
P

Jedi has been through this. He now has custody of his children. Listen to him and do what he suggests.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

M
M
tm, I hope things look brighter for you this morning. Follow through with Jedi's suggestions.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
T
OP Offline
T
Kids are not at school

P
P
Follow through with what Jedi told you to do:

Originally Posted by Jedi
Call the school in the morning and ask if they are present. If they are not present, call Children Services and the Police.
Check your bank account balances.

Also contact a family law attorney. Tell the attorney that you are trying to save your marriage but want to protect your parental rights and want full custody of the kids if she leaves.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

B
B
Check her credit card activity online. Have you secured your bank accounts?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation