Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
Originally Posted by nique84
4eva....yes my girls love the idea of a brother not understanding how chaotic it would make our lives. I had someone tell me a blended family can be a blessing....I'm personally not interested.
Thanks for letting us know what Dr. Harley had to say.

I just wanted to let you know that you're correct to be not interested in blended families. Blended Families are very, very difficult.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
I had someone tell me a blended family can be a blessing....I'm personally not interested.

Nique, aren't you in a blended family now?

You mentioned that your oldest daughter is not your husbands' - if I am not mistaken...

N
nique84 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You are correct, my oldest is not for my husband.

N
nique84 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Maybe I should have been more specific, I am not interested in the way my H went about creating his blended part of our family. It's not easy, but my oldest daughter was apart of the package. Sounds a little selfish, right? One of the reasons I struggled with the decision.... Ultimately it's up to my H, if he wants to be active in his sons life, he has every right but we won't remain married.

Last edited by nique84; 09/04/15 07:28 PM.
M
M
Maybe I should have been more specific, I am not interested in the way my H went about creating his blended part of our family. It's not easy, but my oldest daughter was apart of the package. Sounds a little selfish, right? One of the reasons I struggled with the decision.... Ultimately it's up to my H, if he wants to be active in his sons life, he has every right but we won't remain married.

You don't sound selfish in the least. You are a WISE person who recognizes a risk when she sees it.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B
Dr. Harley discussed the question my H submitted on yesterday's show.

Guess I should have indicated what his suggestion was....
Dr. Harley does not recommend that we inform the kids at this point, as they will want to be in contact with their brother. At some point when they are older we must tell them. I am certain someone will tell them before we do. My daughter is always asking for a brother. Having my kid ask me for something she already has that must be kept secret is driving me crazy. Talk about a trigger
Here's your H's question.
Radio Clip of nique84's H's question

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation