Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35
W
OP Offline
W
SECTION 16-17-440. Venue for prosecution under Section 16-17-430.

Venue for prosecution pursuant to the provisions of Section 16-17-430 shall be either in the county wherein the telephonic communications originated or the county where it was received.

HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 16-552.2; 1961 (52) 451.

That was also sent to me from her.

A
A
But it still has to meet the definition of harassment. Which it doesn't.

N
N
Plus, that assumes the county is in the same state. I hope you do look into filing a complaint against the officer.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
nmwb77 #2872128 12/08/15 01:42 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I feel like I am constantly the one getting humiliated - police in my house belittling me, divorce papers pushed onto me through a door from strangers, and finally this conversation. I mean - I feel like I handled the situation well with my responses, but I still feel miserable after the fact.

But nonetheless, I guess this is the blow back from the exposure. I just need to remain still and quiet. You guys have gave me the confidence that I can rest easy knowing there is no actual harassment coming... and if it does, I should be fairly safe.

I am just always the one getting gored... and some people are going to believe her lies and think I really am abusive etc.

I just hope someday she recognizes that I went to bat for her against an entire company, against an entire family of people I do not know, etc.

S
S
I just hope someday she recognizes that I went to bat for her against an entire company, against an entire family of people I do not know, etc.

She may remain wayward. That is a very real possibility that you need to embrace. But even if that's the case, you will not regret this.

The way I look at exposure and things I did after D-day that I got flack for (like Plan B) is that my WxH threw a bomb in my lap and I was doing the best that I could to navigate through a horrible situation that HE created, not me.

And honestly, if you are the type of person that worries a lot about what other people think about you, this entire process is going to help you get over that pretty quickly.

I still went through nonsense years after the D with my in-laws trying to paint me in a bad light to people in the community, even to my own children or posting stuff about me on FB. You start to realize the people who will believe them are not worth your time or energy in the least.

Still...sorry for your turmoil.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
N
You've done well. You have demonstrated commendable love and commitment to your wife. No matter what happens, you will be able to look back and know that you did everything you could.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
nmwb77 #2872136 12/08/15 02:13 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Her best friend (our maid of honor) had an affair in her first marriage. She said that she felt terrible, but her husband did not fight for her at all - he just aided the divorce process.

She said about a year later she wanted to reconcile with him but he had already gotten engaged by that time. She does not blame him for that obviously, but she has told me these things to get to the point of "you are fighting for her WC"

Her and her current husband have been two of my biggest supporters in all of this. I just keep clinging to the words she said, "You are fighting". She has cancelled meetings on her best friend many times during all this, because she won't tell her what she wants to hear obviously.

There is nothing more I can do... my wife either comes back or she does not... I just am stuck here thinking "Wow, is she really going to pick that company and him over me?"

Last edited by WrestlerChemist; 12/08/15 02:15 PM.
I didn't find MB until after D-day and exposure. After that, I used MB principals to win my W back and R our M.

Others have disagreed with my suggestions that you should pursue her and you have ignored it as well, which is perfectly fine. I have already R my M.

I believe my M would not have survived if I had not pursued her and had just laid back waiting for her to come back to me.

My FWW has thanked me NUMEROUS times for fighting for her and winning her love back.

Originally Posted by WrestlerChemist
There is nothing more I can do... my wife either comes back or she does not... I just am stuck here thinking "Wow, is she really going to pick that company and him over me?"

I disagree.

S
S

Nobody told him he was finished. What SMB said was to be patient. ATM his WW is in full blown anger mode and trying to get harassment charges filed,.

WC is playing a long game - not a short game.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory

I disagree.

I feel like if I sent her a text message saying "Want to go get dinner?" I would have an officer on my porch within an hour 20year.

I simply started by small talk over text and email about interesting things or jokes...then warmed up to getting together. Just like when we first met.

She sees you as the person she left not the person you are/have become. She does not think it possible to be in love with you again.

If you allow her to see glimpses of the �new you�, she might open her mind. Her feelings about things most likely are changing every 5 minutes when she is in the fog.

Never know, you might catch her at the right time.

P
P
What SMB said was to be patient.
I believe she also said that this was Dr. Harley's advice, as well. Dr. Harley has the expertise to know when to deviate from the standard MB advice. We should be careful not to contradict him when he does.

Others have disagreed with my suggestions that you should pursue her and you have ignored it as well, which is perfectly fine. I have already R my M.
SMB has a recovered marriage, too.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2872164 12/08/15 05:16 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I am just so exhausted and drained from today... but I did schedule a workout with some friends tonight and I plan on keeping my schedule.

It certainly did not help my work performance talking to the officer today. I had another anxiety attack during work (even though I took my anti As this morning).

Hopefully I can decompress and get rallied around a good day tomorrow and beyond.

A
A
Originally Posted by 20YearHistory

I disagree.

I feel like if I sent her a text message saying "Want to go get dinner?" I would have an officer on my porch within an hour 20year.

I've heard Dr. Harley say more than once that exposure speeds up the process of getting the betrayed spouse out of limbo one way or another. It forces the WS's hand, either they opt to recover or they opt to divorce, but they don't keep you waiting in separation hell for years on end (which happens often too). You can't help what they decide to do, it is out of your control. What you have already done is the best possible thing you could have to save your marriage, and even if that doesn't end up happening, you will be out of a terrible situation more quickly than you would have been otherwise.

You are not doing anything wrong by being cautious. Not every situation here is the same and the way someone else's WS responded to something is not necessarily how its going to work for yours.

I've seen several men in your situation on here (including myself) end up facing harassment charges or restraining orders for doing harmless Plan A stuff, and I'm seeing a lot of familiar warning signs here. The fact that she refuses to speak to you after this long should be taken as a warning to keep your distance because she is probably still very hostile towards you. That's why I used the words cold-blooded in my last post. Her behavior towards you right now is very abusive, there are no excuses for it. It's complete abandonment. We'd all be encouraging you to be pursuing her more if she wasn't acting the profile of someone who files harassment charges, which she is.

You need to keep your lawyer in the loop about what the police have said to you so you can get his opinion and are prepared for that possibility. I understand today was rough (it's frustrating to deal with police officers when you haven't done anything wrong) and I'm not trying to discourage you, but I am also trying to be realistic with you. You need to be prepared for the possibility.

A LOT of harassment charges and restraining orders are frivolous/groundless and unfortunately, in most areas that's not enough to keep them from being filed and you from going to court to defend yourself. That can be very intimidating, I know first hand, but you can also get your facts/documents together and be prepared for it. That will help put your mind at ease.

Also, if you don't have one, you need a call recorder installed on your smartphone. Many are free (I used one called Smart Call Recorder on my Android) and any correspondence you have with OM/police/WW/in-laws/etc needs to be recorded in case it is needed for court at a later date.

http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/ohio/ohio-recording-law

Ohio appears to be a one party consent state which means as long as you are either calling or being called it is completely legal for you to record it. It's a weird thing to do but the world you are in as a BS is a crazy world for the time being, as you have no doubt discovered. This will help protect you by providing a witness to any potential harassment or false allegations against you.

Happily remarried to wonderful woman who I found using the guidelines in "Buyers, Renters, Freeloaders"
2 baby boys, working on #3 and couldn't ask for anything more.

When my ex's affair happened: BH 28, Ex-WW:29
Married: 7 years
Together: 8 years
D-day: 10/5/2014
D filed: 1/22/2015
D Final: 6/4/2015

My story
W
OP Offline
W
Viewing for my cousin is tomorrow... Then I'm going to church. Keeping that schedule as full as I can...

I have a call recorder, thanks ax.

Just need to be patient... This was just a bad day. They'll get easier I hope.

Last edited by WrestlerChemist; 12/08/15 10:57 PM.
W
OP Offline
W
I got her a Christmas present. HPB and I are trying to figure out how to get it to her though...

I have been doing OK lately. I think about her more than ever it seems... Someone told me I am getting over the "shock" and now I am experiencing all the feeling fully...

My mom is in the hospital which isn't helping - but I think she is doing Ok.

Just hanging in there. Thought I'd update you guys since you have invested so much time. Thanks again.

T
T
Hello Wrestler,

I'm sorry to read about the loss of your cousin and your mom in the hospital. I'll say some prayers. The coming holidays will likely be tough for you as it sounds like your wife is serious about divorcing. Best thing you can do is focus on Your well-being and growth now despite what you hear about her or hope from her. That is a an important part of a Plan A. If you two had kids, there would be somewhat of a bond between the two of you, but that's not the case. You're very young, so the truth is you have to consider if she will be a part of your life going forward.

Tom

Tom2010 #2872570 12/14/15 07:37 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Just got a court order to appear in court Jan. 22 for harassment in violation of my temporary restraining order.

B
B
Just got a court order to appear in court Jan. 22 for harassment in violation of my temporary restraining order.

What does your lawyer say?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 21 of 35 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation