Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
S
Originally Posted by NickS
Like I said before, the first few years of our marriage was pretty good. Feels like it fell apart in the last part of our 3rd year together.

Again, you keep searching for a reason to find that your serial-cheating WW is somehow different than any other WW. (and therefore, these plans do not apply to your situation) And I am here to tell you...She's NOT!

My ex WH (serial cheater) I have known since childhood (3rd grade) and one of the things I always liked about him was his kindness and emphathy. He always told me how much he abhored cheating. He was a pretty great father and husband for 10+ years.

However once he got a taste of having a SSL and getting his needs met by random women, he was hooked and having opportunity to chat and flirt w/women, he was ripe for more affairs.

Add in to the mix that your WW likes to sext with strangers online, which has become so easy to do with all these new apps, it is very easy to see how this happened "now" as opposed to before.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
P
P
it seems like she has no reasoning or logic abilities. So having said that, how well is this going to work on someone like her? Maybe with somebody that has no mental issues I could understand.
Whoa, Buddy, you're going to have to work on those disrespectful judgements if you're going to have any chance of recovery.

But, first things first. How's the exposure work going? This is your priority. There is a plan here that can help you recover (yes, even with her), but you got to take this first step.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

S
S
Well, how do you deal with someone like that? Better yet, can you?

We already told you and it's all over this site.
#1 - exposure
#2 - should you move to recovery phase (which you can't even consider without step #1) then you implement EPs (extraordinary precautions) and set up a lifestyle where sexting and running off to Vegas to have sex with random strangers becomes impossible.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[

I have a question though regarding that first letter you typed. I'm not entirely sure that the reason she wanted a separation is because she was having an affair. She wasn't at the time when she asked me for one. Once she asked me is when everything started. Of course if her old broken phone worked, I might have been able to find out what was going on leading up to the days and weeks before she asked for a separation.

Oh no, she was having the affair before she asked for the separation. You can rest assured her desire to separate is related to her affair or affairs. Women don't "separate" unless they have someone else lined up.

Okay, because there is validation in the way I treated her. I was verbally and emotionally abusive which I why I asked.

I don't think the guy she's talking to now is the reason why she wanted a separation in the first place, she only started talking to him on Sunday.

Your wife has wanted to separate to have an affair. You have the evidence that she has pursued affairs this whole time so I am puzzled why you would want to split hairs about it?

I am puzzled about this too, Nick.

You already told us that she separated, blaming it all on you and then you went back and found in the phone records that she was already cheating. Why does it matter she talked to OM3, 4 or 5 on Sunday?

She's a serial cheater. Why are you wasting time on these kinds of meaningless details??

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
But, considering how young my Wife is and the fact that she has a history of depression and possibly bi-polar, it seems like she has no reasoning or logic abilities. So having said that, how well is this going to work on someone like her?

People who are living a double life and having an affair (never mind serial cheating) often are depressed or behave bi-polar. BSs often come here thinking their wayward spouse has psychological issues and are "different". They're not.

You still follow the plans - then you make your decision LATER.

Nick, I see this as stonewalling and looking for a reason not to expose. It's scary and it sucks. I know it too well - but if you're looking for some magic post that's going to make you feel better about exposing....it's probably not going to happen.

You're just going to have to push thru the fear and do what I believe you know in your heart is your best chancing at saving this marriage.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
M
M
Nick, how is your exposure going? I see you wasting a lot of valuable time blogging but it is not helping the situation. What is your progress on exposures?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Nick, how is your exposure going? I see you wasting a lot of valuable time blogging but it is not helping the situation. What is your progress on exposures?

Well I signed into her iCloud today to see what I could find. And my wife just sent me a text message asking me if I signed into her iCloud today. How should I proceed?

I think she might be on to me about the snooping.

P
P
How should I proceed?
Expose!

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by Prisca
How should I proceed?
Expose!

I don't have everything in front of me right now. I'm at work. I'm not sure what I should tell her.

L
L
How should I proceed?
Expose!

I don't have everything in front of me right now. I'm at work. I'm not sure what I should tell her.

Nothing. Wait until you can expose.

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
M
M
How should I proceed?
Expose!

When do you plan to expose? I am starting to see that you don't take this very seriously since it has dragged out all week with absolutely no progress. IT looks like we take this much more seriously than you and that is a problem, my friend.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
When do you plan to expose? I am starting to see that you don't take this very seriously since it has dragged out all week with absolutely no progress. IT looks like we take this much more seriously than you and that is a problem, my friend.

It's not that I don't take it seriously, I do. I'm just nervous and scared.
Originally Posted by LostOnWestCoast
Nothing. Wait until you can expose.

I'm going to have to tell her something when I get home and she asks me again.

M
M

Doing nothing because you are "scared" means you are not taking this seriously. It is time to buck up here and get to work. You don't have the luxury of sitting around doing nothing because you are too "scared."

You have been here for days and are no further along than when you arrived. A lot of board members took their own personal time to post to you. If you don't take the advice, you are wasting our time.

Exposure 101

S
S

That's NORMAL.

But what is also NORMAL is to push thru the fear and do what is necessary to end the affair/s vs wringing your hands and obsessing about x, y and z regarding your WW, while she continues talking/sexting/meeting with random men from the internet.

Wringing your hands and obsessing about what your WW thinks about your snooping is not only just weird (when you are dealing with her current serial cheating) but it does NOTHING to help your situation.

Who cares what she thinks? You have bigger problems to deal with (her affairs and likely breakdown of your family)

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
N
NickS Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Ugh, after reading through her most recent Facebook messages...I feel like a horrible person.

She was talking to one of her friends and she kept calling herself fat to which she responded by saying,

"Well I'm sorry that I had a verbally abusive husband who burnt it into my head for so many years."

Then she said the following,

"No, he just screwed up my brain. He literally put me down so low and bad that I started letting myself believe him, now I'm all screwed up. I don't want to feel this way. I just can't help it. It's embedded into my brain."

I feel terrible, maybe I am responsible...I don't know what to say. I'm crying right now over this, maybe I don't deserve her.

G
G
Maybe you just need to expose. Now.

Crying and getting emotional gets you nowhere. Exposure is your first step towards recovery.

Do you want to recover or do you want to suffer?

M
M
Did you expose the affair?

Exposure 101

S
S
Ugh, after reading through her most recent Facebook messages...I feel like a horrible person.

She was talking to one of her friends and she kept calling herself fat to which she responded by saying,

"Well I'm sorry that I had a verbally abusive husband who burnt it into my head for so many years."

"No, he just screwed up my brain. He literally put me down so low and bad that I started letting myself believe him, now I'm all screwed up. I don't want to feel this way. I just can't help it. It's embedded into my brain."

I feel terrible, maybe I am responsible...I don't know what to say. I'm crying right now over this, maybe I don't deserve her.

This isn't a blog for the ramblings of your WW. A wayward playing victim is NORMAL.

Letting her continue her alley-catting around and wrecking your family is only going to make life harder for her.

You need to address with exposure with us. That's the only thing that's going to improve this situation. Where are you at?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S

My wayward ex-husband also was abusive, dishonest and wrecked me emotionally when he cheated on me, tricked me into a false recovery for 3 years...just to crush me again.

I have NEVER used his abuse to justify bad behavior.

Are we done with the distractions yet?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
B
B
When will you be exposing?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation