Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
G
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I am so sorry, but she is having an affair. frown Your first step is to quietly snoop on her and find out the facts. Don't ask her. Come back here when you get the facts and we will help you save your marriage.

Can you hire a PI? A good PI can usually get everything you need in a couple of days.

And I would really drop all this focus on her childhood and "finding herself." That is a needless distraction and a total waste of time.

G
G
Originally Posted by TheRoad
Originally Posted by PAS2016
UPDATE
Spoke with phone company;
Wife has phoned this guy every day during March so far multiple times.
This guy has a Bachelor of Psychological Science.
Is there any question there is an emotional relationship with this guy... I don't think so!

What next?

Without telling WW do the following:

Check with the phone company for copies of the texts sent.
Hide a VAR in the WW car.
Hide a VAR in the house where WW usually takes her phone calls.
GPS her car.
Turn on the GPS on her phone.

Again do not confront on your own.
No matter what you find you must never tell your WW how you found out the truth.

So let us know what you find out and we will guide you through the next step.

G
G
Every betrayed spouse feels the urge to confront his or her spouse in hope of the truth to come out. That's why several people already told you not to say anything to your wife. Listen to the voices of experience and don't ask.

She will deny, you will lose your headstart.

B
B
You need to expose.
Exposure 101

Is the OM married? Who is the OM?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

N
N
Cancel the counselor meeting, it is pointless and actually harmful.

M
M
What next?

We actually have a 4 week holiday coming up with our 2 daughters so this needs to be addressed urgently. I do have a Counsellor's meeting with her tomorrow and I was carefully going to bring up what she previously had said and say that I feel she's having an affair and see what she says. If she denies then I would say that my gut feeling says otherwise and I'll need to consider over the next couple says.... which brings in the Exposure Plan.... I feel angry and I will expose this f..ker and hope he loses his job!

DO NOT GO TO COUNSELING. DO NOT! DO NOT! DO NOT!

DO NOT CONFRONT YOUR WIFE.

Counselors have no earthly idea about the dynamics of an affair and as such, will give you reckless advice. She/he, not understanding wayward fog, will only validate your wife's fog and you will end up divorced.

We will give you a plan that comes from a clinical psychologist, Dr Bill Harley, author of Surviving an Affair, who specializes in infidelity. We have saved our own marriages using these steps.

CAN YOU FOLLOW A PLAN?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
Tyk Offline
T
Don't bother with the counceling. Most of them are worthless, and keep in mind, this one in particular has been involved through all this mess. Only go if you can't get out of it without tipping your wife off that you are on to her. If you do go, don't tip your hand!

You do not want to tip your hand until you are ready to go full exposure and begin attacking the affair.

But, you should also be implementing Plan A. That means you are showing your wife the person she fell in love with and married. This upcoming holiday sounds like a good opportunity for Plan A.

Look, you already know she is having an affair. I would say almost definitely a physical affair. You want absolute proof and I get that. It was a big hang up for me as well. Had I not contracted a STD I would not have gotten the "smoking gun" proof I was looking for. (that is something else for you to consider right now as well, be safe)

You know what you know, and you know you don't know all of it. Every new piece of the puzzle is only confirming what you suspect and what we are all telling you. So yes, continue your sluething, but also, move on with the plan.

What is your Exposure plan? Who will you expose to? When? What are you doing about Plan A? You need to be creating dissonance in your WS, who has in her mind completely justified her actions and blamed them on you.

You're cool, you're calculating, you are implementing a Plan!

S
S
We have had others who try to "talk" their WS out of an affair with the help of a counselor, in the hopes of circumventing the exposure part of the plan laid out here at Marriage Builders.

It NEVER works.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
This is very fixable but you are making strategic mistakes here that are going to backfire on you and make it so that exposure will (possibly) become ineffective.

Your WW is the equivalent of a crack addict and you are trying to pull the pipe out of her hands. Exposure is so effective because affairs thrive on secrecy.

All of this is outlined in the exposure thread and a lot of it has already been covered here. You need to start listening and abandon Plan PAS, because, to be blunt, you have no idea of what you are doing.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
G
G
PS- I'm in another country with large time difference, thus why my posts come at different hours.
Just to verify.. Do you live in another country or are you in another country for buisiness/vacation/whatever? Might be important later if legal advice is discussed.

And what happened today? Plan MarriageBuilders or Plan PAS?

B
B
Read this and listen to the clips in here.
Beware of Bad Counselors

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
Counselers are trained to allow the Individual person to follow their path of choice and it violates their ethics to take a stand on an issue, such as infidelity.

They "May" challenge the cheaters rationale, but by that time, the Twu Luv has already kicked in and they are in denial of the totality of adverse consequences.

You CAN NOT talk or rationalize an addict out of their addiction. It pushes them farther and farther into justifications, thereby farther and deeper into the affair.

The only thing that works is an intentionally planned, well thought out, complete intervention of their vision of reality, which a precise full on frontal attack, behind the scenes, exposure will do.

They get hit in the face with reality for the only and very first time.

You BE the Best Husband and learn all about Plan A, and rekindling the long ago distant memories by sparking and renewing her interest in the Man She Chose To Marry.

You also commit Zero Lovebusters!!!

Have you bought either of those books yet?

Surviving An Affair?

Lovebusters?

Is your marriage worth about $20.00?

Or, you can call in or write to Dr. Harley and his Wife and they will send you one book for Free. It is a Free way to speak to Dr. Harley and see that the advice you have been getting is unequivocally sound and based on his 40+ years of experience.

LTL

Last edited by LearnedTooLate; 03/18/16 02:59 PM.
P
PAS2016 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Is it vital that exposure includes showing/revealing intimate photos and txt to others?

So after exposure... whats next?

What if she still wants to leave during the short term period after exposure?

T
T
Is it vital that exposure includes showing/revealing intimate photos and txt to others?

So after exposure... whats next?

What if she still wants to leave during the short term period after exposure?

I do not think that you have to include proof.

A
A
But you need to be willing to show it to those who want proof.

P
PAS2016 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
UPDATE;
I'm in Australia.
Wife has pretty much acknowledged affair but maintains she did not have sex.
Exposed wife & coworker to employer (amongst others including family) yesterday, wife not too happy last night.
This morning all friendly even wife looked OK (but maybe a ploy), I offered breakfast and Cc to take kids shopping.
She left 10.30am, I texted 3.30pm asking when will be back so I can have time with our girls, she got back saying will be back 4.30pm, at 5.45pm she rocks up with police at door and no girls, here to get some personal stuff and left. So she has our girls somewhere. I've been speaking with her parents and apparently my wife is scared about violence (her friends would say that is just ridiculous), nothing makes much sense with my wife's action, though I reckon my wife has been lying thru her teeth so I cannot believe much of what she says. She will lose her job if she doesn't go to it, her working boss knows all about the affair, kids school stuff is home so looks like no school for kids tomorrow.

What you think?

L
L
Time to talk to lawyers. She can't just take the girls somewhere else. Do you have any prior domestic violence issues? What did the police say?

Me-BH, 47
Spouse-WW, 47
Married for 18 years
DS, 11
D-Day #1 - November 1998 (7 months after wedding)
False Recovery, 16 years
D-Day #2 - November 2015
WW filed for D - February 2016
P
PAS2016 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Police only there to make sure my wife could get her personal gear without my interference. I have no prior domestic violence issues.

S
S
What you think?
What are you doing to get your kids back?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
PAS2016 Offline OP
OP Offline
P
UPDATE:
I think the exposure has destroyed my wife.
She is at an unknown location with our 6yo & 10yo daughters.
I've asked several people to get her to meet me at a neutral place to meet and discuss kids in particular.
If no response within a few days then Solicitor will be writing to her to seek the same before seeking a Court Order.
I'm kind of stuck with not too many options.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 323 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation