Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2880660 04/29/16 02:48 PM
F
OP Offline
F
I decided to start a new thread under this section. I would've linked my old thread but not sure how,nor do I want to reread any of it now. It's under Marriage Builders called Separated After His Blowup.

So our divorce is final as of 4/13. Even though it was my decision, I have struggled emotionally through this whole thing. Sometimes I don't even recognize myself. That said I have made some progress at picking up the pieces. But I keep falling back down. We moved to a different city not even two years ago so I don't have a support system. I do have my sister and her family and my parents nearby, but our family is not very close.

Loneliness has a huge grip on me right now. And I'm smart enough to know its not a good time to look for a relationship. But then it wouldn't matter as I don't really know many people. But really I don't mind being alone. I just want to feel like my old self and happy. I used to be very happy being alone (I was out from under the stress of the bad marriage).

So those who have divorced, what advice can you give? I really want to feel better.

L
L
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl5
So those who have divorced, what advice can you give? I really want to feel better.

I did three things; volunteering, got a dog and did a yoga class twice a week. Not sure which helped most, all three helped different aspects of my recovery. You will need to be patient, your brain has to do a remapping of your reality.

If you want, you can link your old thread into your signature. That way people can read it but you do not need to revisit it. Too many triggers eh?

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
L
L
I can completely relate- especially the part where we think we're doing better and keep falling back down. You just have to keep relentlessly picking yourself up again and doing the things that make you happy. Have faith that this is a process that ends. Figure out what makes you happy and do it. Do the thing you always wanted to do but never had time for. Exercise. Reach out and find a cause, something active you can put yourself behind. More than anything you need friends - put yourself out there and meet people. Call, email your family a lot. If you're not close, become close. Focus on other people and what you can do to help them.

E
E
How is it going Flower?

I was thinking about you today.

Is the loneliness getting better?

BW-3 Kids
Sep:2014
Divorced

"I was not delivered unto this world in defeat, nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be prodded by my shepherd. I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. I will hear not those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious. Let them join the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny.
I will persist until I succeed." Og Mandino

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation