Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
I am not emotionally responding at all.
Yet you snapped at Sugarcane?

I didn't break Plan B after six years for any reason other than.....

I have survived and healed.
So you turned around and walked right back into the fire? Where's the logic in that?

And you let the idea be put out there that it's safe and okay to break Plan B occasionally on a board full of people who cannot afford to do so. Where is your compassion?

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

T
T
**EDIT**

Moderate note: stop this immediately. It has nothing to do with "black or white" and everything to do with motivation of people whose marriages are in crisis. If you do not understand this, do not keep arguing about it on this board.

Last edited by Mizar; 04/21/16 04:59 PM.
R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I didn't snap at all.

Stay in Plan B. You must protect yourselves.

I chose to break it after six years.

R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It is interesting that anyone thinks that I am going back "into the fire".

I am not.

This particular subset of the forum is
Divorcing/Divorced

It is important to keep that in mind. Healing from an affair, being betrayed does not define my life any longer. People who are not healed do not get to run my life. I do. I matter. I count. I gave 'it' my all for years and I am a MarriageBuilders success story.

P
P
This particular subset of the forum is
Divorcing/Divorced
That has nothing to do with the price of tea in China, nor with what we posted to you.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
?
Prisca, I am not sure what that means.

But, I remember feeling the way you do so I will just continue to recommend MarriageBuilders
and
not try to defend myself for choosing to see the man I was married to for two and a half decades and had three children with as he was dying.

P
P
so I will just continue to recommend MarriageBuilders
But, you're not following Marriage Builders.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Prisca,
I am sorry you are feeling that way.

I do understand.

P
P
It's not about my feelings, reading. It's about facts. It is a fact that you are not following Marriage Builders if you are breaking Plan B (even if you're divorced, and even if it's been 6 years).

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...

S
S
Originally Posted by reading
It was neutral ground and thanks to Plan B.....I have some love left for him in my Love Bank.

I liken Plan B to a "pause" button. You press the button and it suspends all love bank withdrawals.

I won't go into details about the visit but it made me very happy for the pause button.

reading, if you want to break Plan B, then go and break Plan B. You don't have to answer to us.

But to say that Dr Harley wants us to have Plan B "pause" button to maintain love for our ex WSs in case we want to see them one day again (whatever the reason may be) is INCORRECT.

Period.

Stop twisting it around.

I have had forced broken Plan B with my ex and it's nothing but a nightmare.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by reading
I won't go into details because......they don't matter.

I healed.

I survived.

Someone will understand and appreciate that.

I hope the moderators delete this thread because your words are dangerous for the still hanging on BW who wants contact with her WH - even after years. Your almost making it seem heroic - look! I've healed and look at what I can do now. Wrong message.

I don't see ANY benefit at all and have never heard Dr Harley advocate breaking Plan B.

reading, I say this in all seriousness, I find it sad that you still love your WxH after 6 years and would even want to go see him, especially when his OW is still in the picture. That's not the picture of successful Plan B. I am friends with many divorced BW, none of them would want to go visit their ex in the hospital, deathbed or not, and would not view having maintained a lovebank as a victory.

I don't think this is what Dr Harley would want for you. Honestly I think you would benefit from contacting Dr Harley and asking for his advice for your situation. I am wondering if a removal of any triggers such as a move etc would help you in moving on from these feelings you have kept for your ex after all these years.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
I agree. Would you contact Dr. Harley and see what he has to say? As the others have pointed out this is dangerous advice for other BWs that want to stay in contact with their WHs.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

R
reading Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Well, I have to say that my WxH is dead.

Dr. Harley said Plan B is to protect the betrayed spouse. To protect the Love Bank.

I was protected for years. My Love Bank was intact. Marriage builders helped me Survive an Affair.

Thank you Dr. Harley.

T
T
My condolences.

T
T
reading,
Thanks for sharing your situation.

I can appreciate your actions and the reasons behind them.
Truly hope you got what you needed out of this experience.

Take care.

Fooling people is serious business, but when you fool yourself it Becomes Fatal.

J
J
Reading,
All the love and all the hurt has burned on the pyre now. You've healed, which is never a guarantee in the case of infidelity, so you are indeed a MB success story.

I would like to be knocked in the head and suffer amnesia over my WW, but that ain't happening, so I'm left with many great memories that haunt me daily. I want them to dissipate, but in spite of my wishes they count for something. In your case, maybe the goodness of what happened before the nightmare was honored on the deathbed. Nothing more. Since he is now gone, the Plan B issue is also gone.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation