Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
apples123 #2880746 05/01/16 06:24 AM
A
A
3. Read the books, but don't stop at His Needs, Her Needs. Read on through Lovebusters and He Wins, She wins.

Many couple fall out of love because of sacrifices they make for one another. HWHW shows you how to negotiate win-win agreements

apples123 #2880747 05/01/16 06:25 AM
A
A
PS summer is a great time to get started because there are so many activities available.

apples123 #2880751 05/01/16 07:55 AM
U
U
You have gotten a lot of great advice here.

Many of us came here unhappy for one reason or another, and with marriages in shambles. Yet we maintained our defenses and argued that we did not have 'that kind of marriage' (ie one with lovebusters...one that was susceptible to affairs...etc.). We ALL had to take the cotton out of our ears and put it in our mouth at some point, there is much to learn here and an amazing opportunity to transform your marriage. I hope you can do the same. Your marriage *is* very susceptible to an affair right now for a variety of reasons. And you are doing a great many things wrong. But you didn't know before, and now you have the opportunity to learn how to have a great marriage and make it affair proof, I hope you take it.

125 #2880754 05/01/16 10:09 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by 125
I read those both and none of that applies to this woman friend of ours,but thank you.

The marriages that are most at risk are those who believe they are immune to affairs. [because they don't take any precautions] Go look at the thousands upon thousands of threads over on Surviving an Affair forum that can attest to this. How do you think affairs start?

We are trying to help you recognize a true risk. Anyone who knows how affairs begin can see the red flags in your husbands opposite sex friendships. It is not because we are "biased" but because we have long experience.

Those articles on opposite sex friendships apply to you and to EVERY married person. And they especially apply to yours because you have fallen out of love. When you are not in love, that leaves the door wide open for another person to come in and meet your needs or your husbands needs. Your H is very high risk because of his lifestyle of no boundaries.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

125 #2880759 05/01/16 11:19 AM
P
P
Originally Posted by 125
I would like to find a way we can both be on the same team again. Thank you

Your marriage is at high risk for an affair with its independent behaviour and opposite sex friendships and is certainly not the way to build a team.

I bet before the Las Vegas incident that you thought your DH would never get mad enough to leave you and refuse your phone calls for a few days. I hope you can now see that, given the right circumstances, we are all capable of stepping outside of our normal character.

You struck gold when you found MB. It is now up to you to decide to pick up the tools or to continue on your current path.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

125 #2880797 05/02/16 08:40 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by 125
Please do not make accusations of someone you know nothing about.

In my experience, the stuff that people don't want to hear here on this forum is the stuff they most need to hear. If they get upset at people, 9 times out of 10, they come back and say they wish they had listened.

Rather than telling people what to do, I'd encourage you to listen. If you don't feel like listening, I'd encourage you to just hit the ignore button rather than fighting with them, for your own sanity.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2880798 05/02/16 08:42 AM
M
M

When I first came here many people suggested my wife was having an affair.

She wasn't, but she started one within a year.

I'm just saying, the people here have been around the block and learned a LOT. You might want to listen closely. There's no need to get upset at somebody for saying something you don't want to hear. Even if they aren't correct.

Do you have the Marriage Builders app?

Are you listening to the radio show, daily?

Is your husband listening?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation