Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28864 11/09/99 07:56 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Well, finally after 10 months my son met his dad at a restaurant. He came home in a good mood, so I guess things went well. Said they spoke about school, work, the dogs. Nothing was said about where H is or his plans. My son did say his dad was driving a car (since he doesn't own one, I wonder if it is his girlfriends, not that it matters anymore). Anyway, they will make plans to see each other again soon. I am relieved that they are going to have some relationship from now on.

#28865 11/09/99 10:59 PM
L
L
ATW - this is good news. What a hard step to take for both of them. I hope they do try to keep up a relationship.<P>Are you doing ok today?<P>Lori

#28866 11/09/99 11:39 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Lori, thanks for asking how I am. I'm doing ok. I'm just glad they finally got together. I know it must have been hard for both of them but now the ice has been broken.And all thru this I have thanked God that my son has kept his head straight. I am SOOOOO PROUD of this kid!!!! Maybe the marriage is over, but I was given a treasure from it.

#28867 11/09/99 11:52 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
ATW...<P>It is good H is not having a complete break with your son. How old is he (your son)?<P>If it wasn't for my three kids... my wife could and would treat me as being dead to the world... but... I can live with the occasional verbal abuse I get from her... if she had zero contact with me I'd be crazier... I know that sounds nuts... but I'm still working on Plan A until after the holidays.<P>Kids are a Godsend... bless them and let them live according to His will.<P>Best wishes...<BR>Hope contact between H and son continues and brings about a healthier contact between H and you... if that is a desire... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

#28868 11/11/99 01:20 AM
A
OP Offline
A
Jim, my son is 20. He still lives at home, as he is in college with a few more years to go. In the two times I have met with my H, it has been pleasant. The last meeting it was as if two good friends were just sitting and enjoying the conversation. Of course we had to discuss the issues of dissolving a marriage, but so far we handled it well. I'm pretty certain he has no desire to come home, but seeing him does give me just the tiniest twinge of "what if". I am pretty resigned to the fact that this is over, altho I know I am still willing to work on it if he showed any sign of changing. But I am fairly certain he is enjoying his new life (with or without OW). <BR><BR>So the most I am hoping for is a decent relationship with H, no animosity. Time to move on. And wishing the best for him and our son.

#28869 11/11/99 01:38 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
ATW...<P>I marvel at your strength....<BR>I'm not sure I could ever have a "decent relationship with S" if it ever came to a final separation. I guess since I have younger kids (7, 10 and 17)... I know that OM's influence is a hurt that would continue for too long a time... and build a bitterness between me and my W... if the affair drags out for years...<P>God help you... and bless you...<BR>Contact with children is almost never to be questioned.<P>Jim

#28870 11/11/99 01:42 AM
D
D
ATW:<P>Understand that this turn events is totally to your credit. You are responsible for both father and son reconnecting and the fact that your son is doing so well under these circumstances. There has been a big payback to your efforts and a wonderful result.<P>I'm very happy for you.<BR>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation