Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#28896 11/09/99 10:36 PM
N
OP Offline
N
This is not some flaky statement. I cannot <B>believe</B> that a bunch of faceless people could become by strongest support network. I guess this is how it is as we enter the 21st Century, huh guys?<P>I have friends, of course, but most of my really good friends live miles away (between 150 and 2000). I have come here since early August, when I was newly in withdrawl and still reeling over my mistake, as well as harboring my H's infidelity from years ago. <P>I just want to thank you all - and I mean ALL. There are always those who lurk, pray, and don't come out of the woodwork often. To those, I also say a heartfelt thank you.<P>I don't know what's gonna happen with my health, but I feel a renewed strength tonight, and it feels GOOD!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming, friends... and I will do the same for you!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#28897 11/09/99 10:38 PM
L
L
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{sheryl}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<P>No matter the circumstance and come what may, YOU will be OK.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

#28898 11/09/99 10:39 PM
L
L
We love you, too.<P>(((((((Sheryl)))))))<P>Lori

#28899 11/09/99 10:41 PM
L
L
NB, want to pour some soothing oil on "already divorced"? She's looking for a fight.<p>[This message has been edited by Lor (Lor) (edited November 09, 1999).]

#28900 11/09/99 10:44 PM
S
S
Hi NB -<P>We Love You, too!!!!<P>Isn't this place the best? Truly shows that there's a lot of love and caring out there........<P>It's like.......like....a big family!!<P>Only better, cuz you don't have to cook for 'em!!! LOL!!!<P>Hey Lor......do you know that you're rhyming? lol!!<P>Glad that you are feeling better NB!!<P>HUGS,<P>Sheba

#28901 11/09/99 10:46 PM
E
E
new_beginning -- You are really going to make it [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>And I second everything you said.<P>God Bless

#28902 11/09/99 10:48 PM
L
L
OOHh, jumping in NB. Lor, I already tried. Someone help me out.<P>Lori

#28903 11/09/99 10:48 PM
L
L
Sheba, ya mean I'm a poet and don't know it?<P>I'm just so doggone talented-y. <BR>And hang out with such exceptional people here at MB.<P>(OK, no more trying to rhyme--GADZOOKS!)

#28904 11/09/99 10:54 PM
L
L
Sorry, jumping in again. I started lol. Poetry - I was picturing Lor strapping on the gloves, ready to rumble. (and hearing "cruisin' for a bruisin') I'm amusing myself. OMG I MUST be tired!<P>Lori<p>[This message has been edited by lostva (edited November 09, 1999).]

#28905 11/09/99 11:06 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Okay, I wrote to already divorced... <P>Now let me make a poem for you<BR>'cause Lor and Lori said so<BR>And thing is that I need a smile<BR>Before I turn to go-go<P>Oh brother [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#28906 11/09/99 11:25 PM
L
L
Gee-gaw, NB, you go Girl!<P>Your response to already divorced was very heart-felt. I posted long-ago that I was once a betrayer. It was one of those posts that no one replied to (some dang cliche I s'pose said not to... [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]). Too much for me to bring up again, especially since my H has said that although he forgave me...my affair made it a lot easier for him to have his...you reap what you sow, even though I have since been exemplary--even through these 18 months of crap, part of the reason I have been so understanding...it isn't encouraging for those that follow in the double betrayal lane.<P>I suddenly realize that I should perhaps post as you do, both betrayer and betrayed...although the betrayer of 10 years ago just doesn't seem like me. But that's what those guys say in prison. "The me today wouldn't have committed that crime."<BR>And for many months I had no idea it was part of the whole scenario--seems stupid, but I have worked so hard to forgive myself that I couldn't bear the thought that this is all related for a long time. And when I realized it, well, I'd been posting a long time as a "betrayed".<P>I can say, my H trusts me. When I say that I have been faithful, he believes me. It irritates the "h" out of me [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] in some ways, but I'm glad I have become a person of integrity, especially in his, the "betrayed/betrayer's" eyes. It is what helps keep me loving him...and I know how hard it is. God got me through it then, as well as now.<P>Gosh, NB, I've "outed" myself on your thread. But you have helped me, I hope that I can help you. As faulty as my memory is (just like my H's is now...where do you s'pose he learned that...)<P><BR><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

#28907 11/09/99 11:25 PM
S
S
OK - What's going on with all this poetry.....Have you ladies been drinking? LOL!!!<P>NB - just came back to tell you to not let things like the AD thread stress you.....<P>Where's that woman who used to say take what applies to you and leave what doesn't? <P>Just making sure you don't get down with it!!!!<P>She's upset and means betrayers like my Whack-A-Doodle!!!!<P>Sorry, but you don't qualify!!! There are different classes I guess! LOL!!<P>HUGS and NO STRESS....you already got enough tummy problems.<P>Sheba

#28908 11/09/99 11:28 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Lor,<P>I feel priviliged!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] You know what? It is an interesting group of people who have seen both sides of the story from a very personal perspective. It's icky, but we do have an understanding that is unique.<P>Well, gee... I just don't know what else to say to your compliments - well, except, thank you!!<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#28909 11/09/99 11:31 PM
S
S
NB,<P>You're right, this is just like a second family. Too bad, we can't all spend Thanksgiving together! I found out last night, that H is spending his with OW-- it'll be the first time in 21 years that I haven't spent it with him.

#28910 11/09/99 11:36 PM
L
L
Thank NB, I feel so relieved. It was beginning to weigh on me. What is done in the dark comes out in the light. About 5 years ago I decided I would NEVER tell anyone else. And here I've just told, well, at conservative estimate, dozens?<P>But at least now, when I tell you that you can be faithful again, I've got a decade to prove it--and the stress in my life to make it worthy of examination.<P>Stress=infidelity? Not necessarily. Even for those with the weakness for it (me).<BR>But you do have to learn how to contend with temptation...er, read my current thread?<P><P>------------------<BR>Lor<BR>"Do not get tired of doing what is right, for after awhile you will reap a harvest of blessings if you do not get discouraged and give up. (Gal 6:9)<P>

#28911 11/09/99 11:51 PM
A
A
NB, tried to reply to your previous post, but my son had to get on to do some pesky school work. <BR><BR>Just wanted to send you some hugs, and know that I am sending up some prayers for your health. I think you are an incredible person and admire you so much.<BR><BR>This is a great place, I don't know where I would be without the help and genuine concern of so many "faceless" people.

#28912 11/09/99 11:58 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Sheba,<P>I must have been posting when you were!! I'm not stressing, and I'm not drinking!! WOW, I actually feel pretty good all by myself, without any outside influences...<P>Sidney, <P>That would be neat. Hey, wasn't it Frank that suggested the 2004 cruise?? Maybe we can plan something some day... that would be neato.<P>Lor,<P>Geez... what else can I say. Glad I was here for ya... you're a good woman, and you are loved.<P>ATW,<P>Hugs for you too... and thanks for the prayers, I need 'em. Yeah, I agree about this place... obviously...<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#28913 11/10/99 03:06 AM
P
P
NB,<BR> Is it too late to tell you I love and respect you too ? (according to the rules of this board I thinks it's NEVER too late to tell someone you love them) <BR> It is funny how much I LIKE (?) coming here. I TRULY never thought there were so many "real" people left. <BR> Although I REALLY REALLY appreciate EVERYONE here. You have always helped me the most for some reason. I guess it's (AGAIN) I admire your courage and unselfishness. You are special Sheryl. Your H is a lucky man. I hope we ALL make it to that cruise. But if I had to give up "our" cabin for one couple. It would be you and your H. THANKS FRANK<P>------------------<BR>desperate<BR>"If yesterday didn't stop today, Why should TODAY stop tomorrow??" <BR>"Wisdom is why!!"<P>

#28914 11/10/99 03:11 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Ah shucks Frank,<P>As usual, you flatter me... thank you, and I have enjoyed getting to know you too.<P>Take care... and keep that butter churning... oh boy, we can beat this analogy to death...<P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<P>Marriage: the most important contract you'll ever enter into, and the most sacred.<P><BR>

#28915 11/10/99 03:18 AM
A
A
Hi Sheryl,<P>Not a whole lot of time, but just wanted to say hi and add my sentiments along with the others! I sent you an email earlier today too, but I don't know if it got delivered cuz our internet connection at work was flakey today.<P>Take care!!!!! And say hi to your hubby for me! It'd be nice to see a 3wishes post around here sometimes! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>--andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation