Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
It's a case of whirlwind pregnancy and marriage
We both committed to eachother and with a tiny bud of love and affection we began this marriage as a blended family. It's been 5 years now.
I love him. He loves me he says. Yet I get no affection ever. I'm a giver. Constantly giving. I don't recieve. My love bank is near empty. He is amazing provider. Father. And he will hug and kids the kids and play with them. But not me. Never me. He can go weeks without affectionate behavior. He thinks sex is all I need and only every few weeks. He says stress is high but when will it ever not be? We have young kids but im telling you, I am always down for a flirtatious conversation or even a damn look. Just a look. An appreciative look of sexuality desire or even love. A cheesy word or SOMETHING. but I get nothing. And when I bring it up it is backfired into my face. He is well aware that I need affection. But apparently it isn't important? What's going on here? He says he loves me but I'm about to throw in the towel. We are not a typical started marriage but we are a good family and by God I try to please him and feel he is just not attracted anymore.
Suggestions?

B
B
Originally Posted by Mastiffmama
It's a case of whirlwind pregnancy and marriage
We both committed to eachother and with a tiny bud of love and affection we began this marriage as a blended family. It's been 5 years now.
I love him. He loves me he says. Yet I get no affection ever. I'm a giver. Constantly giving. I don't recieve. My love bank is near empty. He is amazing provider. Father. And he will hug and kids the kids and play with them. But not me. Never me. He can go weeks without affectionate behavior. He thinks sex is all I need and only every few weeks. He says stress is high but when will it ever not be? We have young kids but im telling you, I am always down for a flirtatious conversation or even a damn look. Just a look. An appreciative look of sexuality desire or even love. A cheesy word or SOMETHING. but I get nothing. And when I bring it up it is backfired into my face. He is well aware that I need affection. But apparently it isn't important? What's going on here? He says he loves me but I'm about to throw in the towel. We are not a typical started marriage but we are a good family and by God I try to please him and feel he is just not attracted anymore.
Suggestions?
Welcome to MB.

How did yours and your husband's previous marriages end?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
OP Offline
M
This is his first marriage. He was non committing to all previous women. Never more than a few months with any woman. I was not previously married but was in a serious relationship that made it nearly to alter after 8 years and a child. But we mutually split.

M
OP Offline
M
I just affection. He says I am asking him to change an integrated part of him. What am I supposed to respond to that with? He is open to counseling though

I
I
Merged threads. Please stick to one thread.

MBMod IrishGreen
MBIrishGreen@gmail.com
B
B
Is he familiar with MB? Love busters? Emotional needs?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

M
M
Originally Posted by Mastiffmama
I just affection. He says I am asking him to change an integrated part of him. What am I supposed to respond to that with? He is open to counseling though

Dr. Harley has some great material that responds directly to that. He has free articles on this site about affection. He has the book His Needs Her Needs that directly addresses this issue. And he discusses it on his free radio show.

Is your husband willing to check out Dr. Harley's information?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation