Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
If I say i still love her She will say I love you as as a person but i'm in love with om

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I thought I would email WW this.regarding the conversations on previous page.

Hi xxx,I wanted to say that I tell xxx to be nice to you.But you have to realize that xxx is angry at you for having an affair and abandoning the family and this is a normal and expected reaction from any teenager.She is angry at me sometimes as well.
xxx is failing at school and I have had a letter from them about her absences .
I know she can be a pain but she's a nice person and she loves you lots.

It has been the most painful experience of our lives.I personally have never known emotional pain and turmoil like it.
But with all that said and done I still love you as much as I always have.Hardly a moment goes by when I haven't thought of you.Rob

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I don't know if this a normal part of this or i'm really depressed.
I am constantly getting suicidal thoughts and becoming more and more frequent.I don't know if I can do this is she doesn't wan't to come back.
i'm scared to death of living without her and going through life a broken man.
You see them all the time in supermarkets on there own looking depressed.
I'm not feeling sorry for myself but can't help these thoughts.

L
L
Originally Posted by rob68
I thought I would email WW this.regarding the conversations on previous page.

Hi xxx,I wanted to say that I tell xxx to be nice to you.But you have to realize that xxx is angry at you for having an affair and abandoning the family and this is a normal and expected reaction from any teenager. She is angry at me sometimes as well.
xxx is failing at school and I have had a letter from them about her absences .
I know she can be a pain but she's a nice person and she loves you lots.

It This has been the most painful experience of our livesmy life.I personally have never known emotional pain and turmoil like it.
But with all that said and done I still love you as much as I always have.Hardly a moment goes by when I haven't thought of you.Rob

I edited out the places where you made assumptions about her feelings/told her how to think because those are disrespectful judgements (DJs). I also suggest leaving out the sentence about the school only because it takes away from the important messages in your letter. Well done!

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)
L
L
I don't know if this a normal part of this or i'm really depressed.
I am constantly getting suicidal thoughts and becoming more and more frequent.I don't know if I can do this is she doesn't wan't to come back.
i'm scared to death of living without her and going through life a broken man.
You see them all the time in supermarkets on there own looking depressed.
I'm not feeling sorry for myself but can't help these thoughts.

All of us who have been through the pain and suffering of an affair feel this way from time to time. Stick with the MB guidelines. Whether your marriage survives or not, you will be fine. Your daughter needs you very much.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
H
H
Dear Rob, if you are having suicidal thoughts you should contact a medical professional. You are all your daughter has and she needs you to show her how a sensible adult deals with life's setbacks. Even if your wife dropped frm the face of ge earth, you would manage and lead your life best as you could.

Show dour daughter how to hold you head up high in the face of adversity. People do not get to be "broken" by their circumstances. People look broken if they let themselves go.

You have to lead her by example. You don't have the luxury to feel sorry for yourself. You do your normal routines and if possible try to lure your wife back. Get in touch with Dr. Harley ASAP to get advice if you should go into plan B. But in the mean time, the best thing for depression is to have a plan. And do go to the doctor for these depressive thoughts!

Last edited by happyheart; 02/11/17 04:31 PM.

me, DH
all the children
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you both for your response.I will try to be strong.
If I went to see a doctor I know that there is nothing they can do.Apart from medication which doesn't help.
I am not sure if I am in plan A or not,I wrote WW a couple of letters when it happened.The second one expressing love and regret for not doing more.I don't know if WW even read the second one because I put it in with her letters that came here.
For all I know the marriage might be long over in her head.
I don't know if she even thinks DD is some of her responsibilty anymore.DD is seeing her mum later at her friends which will be another disaster probably.

I feel left out when DD goes over there because there is always a house full and there is just me and the dog here.
WW text me today and said is DD coming over and can I bring WW medication over.So I don't know if she is going to start her anti d's again.WW also said I know this is a bit cheeky but can I bring other mans books over to her friends house when I drop DD off.
That gets my head spinning again and then the thoughts come back.Feel very lonely and tearful.Think I better walk the dog.
I don't feel like responding to WW texts but feel it will keep me on the right side of her

Last edited by rob68; 02/12/17 09:27 AM.
L
L
WW also said I know this is a bit cheeky but can I bring other mans books over to her friends house when I drop DD off.

Ignore this completely, do not respond

That gets my head spinning again and then the thoughts come back.Feel very lonely and tearful.Think I better walk the dog.

I got a dog when I discovered the Fat Slag. Sometimes I whisper into her ear a thank you for saving my life. I think she sort of knows she did.

Post here when things feel bleak. We have all been there.

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I already texted her earlier on saying I would bring them over.It's his own book that I read and there must be 30 of them.I suppose I will have to take them now.
Anyone want to buy a copy to wipe your [censored] with.
I don't understand why she want's his books or where she is going to keep them,or is she just being cruel to me?
WW has even started smoking again after giving up for 14 years.
Is this a sign of anything?.I know om smokes because WW said it use to take the care home half an hour to get him outside.

Last edited by rob68; 02/12/17 12:57 PM.
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I feel so depressed,don't think I can do this anymore.I guess I am not strong enough mentally.Some people can move on but I can't.I guess if I really love someone I can't forget about them.
Don't know what to do,I really don't.Can't seem to get a grip and just want to curl up in a ball and die.

L
L
I feel so depressed,don't think I can do this anymore.I guess I am not strong enough mentally.Some people can move on but I can't.I guess if I really love someone I can't forget about them.
Don't know what to do,I really don't.Can't seem to get a grip and just want to curl up in a ball and die.

happyheart is a doctor. She is suggesting you go and see your GP for an anti- depressant. This is just a short term measure to see you through this terrible time. Your feelings are completely normal but you need help coping. Your daughter needs you to be whole and healthy.

Besides, how can you be plan A, the better option, if you are all curled up? Don't give up now!

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I used to take antidepressants and they make me feel worse.There is nothing a doctor can do.There is nothing any one can do that's the reality of it.I guess I am no option at all

A
A
If you are this depressed, go to the ER.

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
What can they do? nothing,no one can

R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
The truth is there is nothing.No antis's nothing.No councilling nothing.She isn't coming back we all know it.She couldn't care less.There is no help.nothing.No pill

J
J
Snap out of it and man up! Go to the doctors now. You have a family to take care of.

I
I
While the Marriage Builder's website cannot become involved in threats of this kind, please know that your pain is taken seriously. Please contact a suicide crisis center in your area, call 1-800-SUICIDE or call your family physician.

MBMod IrishGreen
MBIrishGreen@gmail.com
H
H
Don't know what to do,I really don't.Can't seem to get a grip and want to curl up in a ball and die.

You are forgetting your young daughter, who is counting on you to be there while you get through this. There certainly IS help out there and I would suggest you go see your GP first thing in the morning and tell him/her about your thoughts, so that appropriate action can be taken.

If you are not able to care for yourself there are possibilities to have you taken care of. If you have been drinking, then stop that because it will make your predicament worse.

1. go to your GP
2. tell GP about seriousness of your situation.
3. accept help
4. stop drinking

You can take the rest from there.

me, DH
all the children
R
rob68 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Your right,I have to stop drinking and man up.Fit and healthy is the key.Must be strong for dd.

L
L
Your right,I have to stop drinking and man up.Fit and healthy is the key.Must be strong for dd.

hurray

3 adult children
(formerly lied_to_again)
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,111 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation