Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26
I
I
"I'm an adult!"... to which I added "er..er". rotflmao

I Will Survive
S
S
Bump

G
G
Me: I am going No Contact ss long as you choose to have this A.

Her: The thought of never seeing you again would devistate me.
What are you thinking?

Me: Well how would YOU feel ***EDIT***
Her: How could you think of doing something terrible like that to me!

Last edited by Ariel; 11/10/13 01:30 PM. Reason: Do not bypass the profanity filter. Dr Harley does not want profanity on his board. Please respect this.
E
E
Originally Posted by I_Will_Survive
"I'm an adult!"... to which I added "er..er". rotflmao

Loved that comeback smile

D
D
My favorite from my WW is "It would be easy to come back to you". She said this recently. My response was "It may be easy for you to say that but harder to actually do it. "

K
K
I guess the OM is not the gem she thought, huh?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
D
D
Aren't they always rocks instead of gems?!

C
C
I like this one:

WS: He hit all the right spots you know
Me: Which ones would those be?
WS: ............ um I dunno he told me he did

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
A
ak1 Offline
A
exWW after 11 months of divorce writes me to ask about reconciliation. She says that she is grown a lot:

My own change has been recognition and strengthening of who I am and what I stand for: Who I am to be, in essence. I have determined that I am love and hope and goodness, and that I would, therefore, be willing to openly hear and discuss who you have become and who we might become.

Me: Uh, no thanks. I've had enough of your goodness.

A
ak1 Offline
A
I should have wrote back:

I've been thinking about that too. I have discovered just how incredibly awesome I am, and how my generosity and goodness is a continual blessing to those that are privileged to know me. Since you are love and hope, I think we would make a great team. We can show mankind our goodwill together as everyone around us worships us.

M
M
Originally Posted by ak1
exWW after 11 months of divorce writes me to ask about reconciliation. She says that she is grown a lot:

My own change has been recognition and strengthening of who I am and what I stand for: Who I am to be, in essence. I have determined that I am love and hope and goodness, and that I would, therefore, be willing to openly hear and discuss who you have become and who we might become.

Me: Uh, no thanks. I've had enough of your goodness.

rotflmao rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by ak1
I should have wrote back:

I've been thinking about that too. I have discovered just how incredibly awesome I am, and how my generosity and goodness is a continual blessing to those that are privileged to know me. Since you are love and hope, I think we would make a great team. We can show mankind our goodwill together as everyone around us worships us.

rotfl

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
J
J
"Even after divorce I know that we'll still be friends because we've always been best buds" - ww during divorce proceedings.

In her mind, she couldn't fathom the possibility that I would not want to be friends with her or OM!

She even suggested working as my secretary (when I had a business which I lost during her affair) after divorce!!!!!

I
I
"I can't go NC with OW because I made a VOW when I became her son's godparent*."

So many possible replies your head hurts....!

*He was one of six godfathers. The mind boggles as to what she was lining them all up for.

Last edited by indiegirl; 11/05/14 12:54 PM.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

U
U
After confessing to work travel ONS....

"The next night I watched her across the room. She isn't really attractive, so I just kept thinking that she wasn't worth it."

Um, good to know a more attractive girl would be worth it.

J
J
Originally Posted by indiegirl
"I can't go NC with OW because I made a VOW when I became her son's godparent*."

So many possible replies your head hurts....!

*He was one of six godfathers. The mind boggles as to what she was lining them all up for.

THIS is funny.
The role of godfather is an old church role and it was a man's commitment to help oversee the spiritual and moral development of the young person.
The godfather was to make sure the kid went to church, stayed out of trouble, etc.
Today people use the term loosely but if he was a real godfather he would be subject to excommunication from the church due to his adultery and he would be removed from his role as godfather.

He obviously was lacking a moral compass at this point in time.

J
J
My D-Day dinger:

"The affair is not even about him...i wanted to get away from you and didn't have the courage to do it alone. I wanted to be with SOMEONE."

Then said she was going to her mom's and has spent every night since at OM's house.

D-day +9..in it...and learning to cope. again.

The fun part. She takes showers and does laundry here to go to him.

MY THREAD

Last edited by jimbobalu; 02/17/17 08:09 PM.

D-Day 2/8/17...NC 4/3/17
Wanting to make it work...right this time.
J
J
One more...

The hardest fogbabble is the whole...they can't commit to breaking up with you entirely...but won't break off the affair either. Playing both sides of the coin...my WW will say in anger to get the divorce. But when i cancelled her authorized user accounts on MY credit cards..."Oh...you are ruining my life..you are doing everything to separate us...not me...i need time...and you are just in such a rush" Yeah right. Kinda thought that what you were doing to us was separating us.

D-Day 2/8/17...NC 4/3/17
Wanting to make it work...right this time.
C
C
I got this gem:

"I like her [OW's] maturity. Everything is so black and white with you"

.....said in reference to OW "understanding" how he [WH] is not "a bad guy" to have got another woman pregnant while his wife was at home with a 2 month old baby, how he could have continued to cheat with numerous other women during and after this woman's pregnancy, brought the OC to be raised by his wife, and then started cheating AGAIN because wife [me] was not "happy enough" at raising another woman's child while copying with the pain and betrayal of affair after affair. Yeah, I guess I am pretty black and white on that particular series of incidents!

I also got this (said in an accusatory tone): "You'll never be happy" errrrrm, not while you are cheating I won't!!!!

Some of the ridiculous reasons given for him finding other women:
"You don't notice if my shirt has some creases in it. But my work colleagues would notice that" [errrm, yep, that's because I've got four children and a full-time job and my baby is only 4 months old and breast-feeding all night....]

"Yes you can cook, but what you don't understand is that I wouldn't have married someone who couldn't cook, so it isn't anything special"

"I don't like it that everyone at the kids' school looks at me and thinks I am a bad guy because you are raising my OC"

"I wish you weren't white because then people wouldn't know I cheated on you" (we are a mixed race couple, OC is black....)

And the re-writing of the past:
"You didn't ever sit down and discuss with me if we should have a baby [in reference to our first born son]" um, no, because you had been BEGGING me over and over again to get pregnant for the previous 6 months, had asked me to stop taking birth control, and throughout my pregnancy kept repeating that you wanted me to get pregnant again ASAP afterwards......not thought through at all....

"Why don't you ever tell people we have been together for 10 years in lots of different countries? Nobody knows that. They think we don't have anything in common" ????????? I think this was a little bit of reality seeping through the fog.....oh you mean I actually do have a history with MY WIFE and we did actually fall in love and get married?!?

"I forgot we used to have fun".

BW (me) 40
WH, serial cheater, 41
Four children:
DS1 8
DS2 7 (from one of WH's previous affairs, lives with me)
DS3 6
DD 2

D-day Jan 4 2017
Plan B (first attempt) Feb 21 2017
Plan D Aug 28 2017
Plan B (properly) Aug 31 2017

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - and blaming it on you....or being lied about don't deal in lies..." IF, by Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
C
C
Just remembered another incident:

WH: After I found a picture of his p@nis in his SENT whatsapp items in his phone, this was the response: "I didn't send it to her. She didn't receive it.....[grasping at straws] I sent it to myself!"

Me: "You sent a picture of your own p@nis to yourself on whatsapp because.....you didn't want to forget what it looked like in between toilet trips?!"

A - MAZ - ING what they imagine we would believe laugh

BW (me) 40
WH, serial cheater, 41
Four children:
DS1 8
DS2 7 (from one of WH's previous affairs, lives with me)
DS3 6
DD 2

D-day Jan 4 2017
Plan B (first attempt) Feb 21 2017
Plan D Aug 28 2017
Plan B (properly) Aug 31 2017

"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - and blaming it on you....or being lied about don't deal in lies..." IF, by Rudyard Kipling https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems-and-poets/poems/detail/46473
Page 25 of 26 1 2 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation