Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
A
Read wifedivorcing's thread. It will give you inspiration and hope.

Also, you could not have hoped for a better response from her parents.

V
OP Offline
V
Which thread is that?

M
M
Originally Posted by vmcduarte
I know the theory: keep playing the Plan A. Well it is simply to do in theory. But I lost faith and hope and willingness to keep making all effort by myself for nothing.

That's not actually the theory.

The theory is to wait until the affair dies a natural death, as most affairs do.

The reason you do Plan A while waiting is to maximize the chances that after the affair dies your wife sees you as a good option to return to. You don't want her to remember fighting with you; you want her to remember you trying to care for her and win her over. Something I said to my wife that still makes an impact on her today is "I don't want to share you."

You want to speed up the death of the affair by exposing it far and wide - have you exposed to your children? It sounds like exposing to your in-laws was very helpful. Let them be the ones who she gets upset with so she is not fighting with you.

Of course the affair is going to take a harder and harder toll on you, which is why if you can't go on you probably need to consider antidepressant medication (tell your doctor what is going on!), and eventually Plan B.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
M
M
Yes I am taking AD. Thanks

You should probably call your doctor and let him know how you are feeling and see if he thinks the dosage needs to be adjusted or if you need a different AD medication.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
V
OP Offline
V
Originally Posted by markos
I know the theory: keep playing the Plan A. Well it is simply to do in theory. But I lost faith and hope and willingness to keep making all effort by myself for nothing.

That's not actually the theory.

The theory is to wait until the affair dies a natural death, as most affairs do.

The reason you do Plan A while waiting is to maximize the chances that after the affair dies your wife sees you as a good option to return to. You don't want her to remember fighting with you; you want her to remember you trying to care for her and win her over. Something I said to my wife that still makes an impact on her today is "I don't want to share you."

You want to speed up the death of the affair by exposing it far and wide - have you exposed to your children? It sounds like exposing to your in-laws was very helpful. Let them be the ones who she gets upset with so she is not fighting with you.

Of course the affair is going to take a harder and harder toll on you, which is why if you can't go on you probably need to consider antidepressant medication (tell your doctor what is going on!), and eventually Plan B.

Did you also go over an affair situation on your marriage?

Last edited by vmcduarte; 03/30/17 11:47 AM.
A
A
Vmcduarte,
I don't want to answer for Markos, but I believe that he is actually one of the regular posters here who along with his wife (to quote him)"angel" succeeded through the MB plan. I believe that everyone here (on the SAA side) has probably gone through this, many (myself included) are just learning as well, just trying to make it work. I know earlier someone suggested you check out wifedivorcing thread - here is the link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/u...in=170321&Number=2791622#Post2791622
It is a long read - but it should give you hope, to put up with what he did - and succeed, that could be what any man, who wants to save their marriage uses as a guideline.

I am learning - still struggling with some aspects - trying to track down the OM's wife for example as exposure is difficult, but working every day on deposits in the meantime, and have eliminated LBs.

My 2 cents would be trust the advice from people like Markos, Melody... They helped me out - even if it doesn't seem like I took all the advice, I believe that this plan will work - far beyond any other plan would have any chance of succeeding.

U
U
Have you read the exposure thread?

It seems to me that you are doing a 'trickle exposure' which means you are only exposing to a couple of people (in this case, her parents and also OM's mother). This is not recommended as it is like squirting a house fire with a water pistol. Although her parents seem to be willing to try and persuade her to stay, you are going to need more than that to fight this fire and kill this entrenched affair. In fact her parents already tried to pursuade her 6 months ago, and she continued the affair.

You are dealing with a very entrenched affair that your wife is considering leaving you for. You do not have the luxury of tiptoeing around exposure right now. Please read the exposure thread and plan to do a massive exposure. At the top of your list should be the OM's BS, even if they actually are divorced now because of the affair (which you don't know if that is true), and she deserves to know that your wife broke up her marriage. Also at the top of the exposure list should be their workplace, since this is a workplace affair.

U
U
Most of the people who have recovered their marriages from affairs credit a full exposure for it, by the way.

A
A
Unwritten - is this question for me or vmcduarte?
I don't want to hijack this thread.

U
U
Originally Posted by Allan_Tweed
Unwritten - is this question for me or vmcduarte?
I don't want to hijack this thread.

This is a response to the poster, vmcduarte.

A
A
ok, thanks.

B
B

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
Your wife is in love with the other guy, however, they are living in a fantasy world where nobody challenges them. At this point you may as well expose to everyone. You have nothing to lose.

B
B
Here's your follow up email Radio Clip of vmcduarte's email

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
I just finished listening to all your radio clips. Did you expose at her job?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,190 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation