Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AshleyH Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My husband and I have been married for 9 years. He has a pattern, learned deep in childhood, of leaving and isolating when things get difficult or when he has a negative emotion. He is trying to leave ME now. My heart is broken and he will not try to get counseling. I plan on going to get therapy for myself. I guess I would ask that you would pray for his heart to soften, so that he can open up, and let love heal him and seek healing for himself and for us. Thank you.

M
M
Hi, Ashley, I have prayed for you and your husband just now.

Have you snooped to rule out the possibility of an affair?

We can help you get a good outcome here and hopefully save your marriage, if you're willing to take action.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
B
B
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
I'll be praying for you. The only person you can take care of is self. You cannot help another person who does not want to be helped. Your husband sounds like he has a lot of emotional trauma from his childhood. The sad part is it often leaves stuck as that child trying to find out way in an adult work. Tell you love him and will support him with counseling. Not that you are trying to fix him, but that you are trying to support him with love to make him better.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation