Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
OP Offline
F
Update on my situation... I thought I was ready to move on but WXW reached out to me saying she was willing to do whatever it took to repair the relationship (i.e., implement EPs) and was planning on moving back in. She spent the night over at my house. The very next day she texts me saying she is pregnant with the OM's child. I rush home from work and tell her the reconciliation is off. We tell the children what happened and why mom and dad wouldn't be getting back together.

WXW ends up calling the OM and he begins staying over at her apartment again. She does end up getting an abortion a week after despite the OM's pleading to keep the child. Logically she knows that she doesn't want to be tied down to OM for the next 18 years. She reaches out to me for emotional support during this time.

After the abortion, both of us begin to wonder if things could still work out between the two of us. We have dinner two nights in a row and she says she will kick the OM out of her apartment and that she wants to be with me again. That night after she kicked the OM out of her apartment for the third time, she tells me that she went too far getting pregnant and that she wants me to move on and date other people.

I sign up for online dating and go on a couple of dates. During this time she tells me she recognizes that I'm her other half, and that I'm the one she's going to spend the rest of her life with. WXW says she just needs some time (~2 months) to get OM out of her system so she can come back to me without lingering feelings for him, and fully committed to me.

I hit it off with the second girl I went out on a date with. Super hot, but a checkered past... but exactly someone I need in my current situation. We go out 5 times in a week and a half, with WXW watching the kids for me a few times at the house while I went out on dates with this girl. For our fifth date, I invite the woman over to my house while my daughter was present (child care situation is a mess with my parent's gone on vacation). Since I wasn't responding to her texts, or picking up her calls, WXW drives over to my place and sees the other girl's car (Porsche 911) parked outside. She proceeds to call nonstop, I pick up and she loses her [censored]. Needless to say, this messed things up in my budding relationship as I still have ex baggage to deal with.

I was willing to give WXW some time while I was busy/ distracted with dating, but now that avenue is gone I found out I was lashing out at her, forcing her to commit or leave permanently. Based on this, I've decided to move into a plan B type scenario, where we don't see each other and limit conversations to text and strictly about the kids.

I struggle with WXW's lack of logic. I'm still willing to take her back as long as she can permanently end the relationship with OM and implement EPs. WXW claims her relationship with the OM has been dying, she sees all his faults now (and there are many), realizes no one loves her more than I, and that she wants to spend the rest of her life with me. Despite all this, no matter how much I tell her she's hurting me by being with the OM, WXW says she needs more time to get OM out of her system. She claims they're not affectionate, the passion in their relationship is gone. Since she recently had an abortion, the doctor ordered her not to engage in sexually activity for a month so I'm fairly certain that's not happening currently. She seems him being lazy and not doing anything and it's driving her nuts. At the same time, she's been more affection with me in terms of kissing and touching. Since my parents have been gone, she's been over the house to watch the kids while I work. She's been busy cooking/ cleaning and making extra food for me to eat.

At this point, I think I'm willing to give it till the end of July for her to permanently abandon the OM. Otherwise I will continue with my plan B and move on. Her thinking screams wayward fog to me but she claims she's different from everyone else, that she can learn to hate him by being with OM. If she leaves him now she'll continue to have cravings for him.

Any advice/ feedback on how to handle the situation is welcome and appreciated. I'm sure I've been making mistakes left and right.

H
H
just move on bro don't settle on being plan b.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation