Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2922379 10/02/01 10:20 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I was just wondering if there is a chatroom some where that you all talk in I'd like to join you if there is one some where?

#2922380 10/02/01 09:11 PM
C
C
this is it....just the board here.<BR>chatrooms have the potential to get people in trouble.

#2922381 10/02/01 09:32 PM
S
SEM Offline
S
Have you heard of ICQ? I think if you punch in the keyword ICQ it will bring up the websight so you can download it onto your computer. <P>I communicate to only a few people here from MB on it, it is much more private and you don't get into chats with people that aren't interested in helping you with your marriage.

#2922382 10/02/01 10:48 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the posts. I may have to download ICQ again I sort of agree with cleopatra that the instant messangers are bad news my husband use to use them to talk to his OW also. I took them all off the computer so that was one less way for him to talk to her. But I am now hopeing things have come to a hault so I can put them back on so I can talk on them again. Thanks again.

#2922383 10/02/01 11:16 PM
C
C
<B>I may have to download ICQ again I sort of agree with cleopatra that the instant messangers are bad news my husband use to use them to talk to his OW also.</B><BR>At least 3 affairs have started with people here on MB using chat rooms. Look at your h.<P><B>But I am now hopeing things have come to a hault so I can put them back on so I can talk on them again.</B><BR>You’re <B>hoping</B> things have come to a halt? Now you want to walk into a dark empty fuel tank with a match to see if there is any gas left?<P>Don’t use ICQ or chat rooms.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

#2922384 10/03/01 07:07 AM
M
M
Hey Chris,<P>What you say is true. We are/were at a very vunerable point in our lives following the situations that we were thrown into and looking for validation. It would be very easy to make mistakes in judgement.<P>However, Val met Brian at a pizza place near her work not on line in a chat room or ICQ, does that mean we should all avoid pizza places? Many A's start with supposed best friends, should we avoid having buds? Every time your S leaves the house there is the possibility for an A.<P>For once, I'm not trying to be a smart [censored]. I met Gina here and yes it went from ICQ to E's, phone calls, and finally meeting and I'll tell ya, I couldn't be happier. I would also like to add that it was close to 2 years from D day for both of us when we linked up.<P>JMHO,<P>Wishing us all the Best,<P>------------------<BR>"It's not over till we say it's over! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? H*ll no!" Blutto...Animal House 1984<P>Wishing us all the Best.<P>Medic

#2922385 10/03/01 08:49 AM
M
M
One of my buds pointed this out and I wanted to add that I have had ICQ, E and IM's from other female members here that are very attractive [Iv'e seen pics] and I haven't had the urge to "throw one in them" That is not what they were looking for either. We have shared and grown so much together. We are a "family"<P>I have learned the life lesson that was posed to me. Val is not quite so fortunate.<P>Chris, I know of your situation and certainly have the greatest respect for you and your convictions. I tried as well for reconsiliation, but, it didn't happen for me. I hope that I have not offened you in any way.<P>Tim

#2922386 10/03/01 10:20 AM
M
M
ICQ was where my H met all of his OW that he ended up having "cybersex" with had them send him naked pics. etc. We no longer have it. Be extremely careful with this.

#2922387 10/03/01 10:54 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all your replies. I really do appreciate them. I guess for know I will join you with not starting any more IM's. My husbands affair didn't start in a chat room his was a so called "buddy" ya right!!! But they did talk on AOL IM all the time in the evenings after I went to bed. Anyway. I hope it is all in the past now my husband keeps telling me he wants me and asks me to trust him again. I already told him trust is something you gain in someone it isn't going to happen over night and with his OW living less then a mile away it is very hard for to to forget right now what happened. We have started MC and I hope it will help he is willing to go with me atleast that is a step in the right direction for him. Thanks again.

#2922388 10/03/01 03:01 PM
C
C
Tim,<BR>NO PIZZA FOR YOU!<P>I don’t think anyone here could “offend” me, especially someone who has been posting for a long time.<P><B>We are/were at a very vunerable point in our lives following the situations that we were thrown into and looking for validation. It would be very easy to make mistakes in judgement.</B><BR>Which is all I was trying to say.<P>Some think since we are all looking for answers and want to save our marriages, it <B>can’t or won’t</B> happen to us.<P>------------------<BR>Prayers & God Bless!<BR>Chris<BR>For relationship info check out <A HREF="http://www.pcisys.net/~chriscal1/resources.html" TARGET=_blank>Marriage & Relationship Resources</A>

#2922389 10/03/01 06:40 PM
G
G
Medic, I think that Chris was just trying to point out that ICQ's & chatting with people of the opposite sex could be a risk. If a person is vulnerable, it is better to avoid taking those risks. The saying....better to be safe, than sorry applies here....

#2922390 10/03/01 07:22 PM
Q
Q
Like Medic and Gina, my H and I met here too, and not under the best circumstances, since the divorces were not final yet, though filed. <P>We did not IM (like ICQ), but we emailed "as friends" (truly, we believed we could "help" each other) for about four months, and then met. <P>Yes, we were very vulnerable... and yes, it can happen with anybody, so, yes, be very careful, and probably best if you don't do it at all. <P>That said, I've emailed with probably 20 guys and 40 women from here at least once in the over two years I've been here -- Medic being one, and yes, *I* am one of the beautiful woman he speaks of -- HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com], okay, adding some humor!! My point is, I never had a problem EVER with ANY of them.<P>And, his point about the pizza place is good too... if that were true, I could never go to church since my ex met his last two OW at church. <P>Computers are a whole different thing though - It's amazing how safe you feel behind a computer screen.<P><p>[This message has been edited by Nyneve (edited October 03, 2001).]

#2922391 10/03/01 07:33 PM
S
S
Just to add to N's closing thought: it is amazing, from the "safety" of that anonymous screen, the trouble you can get into. I for one, can vouch for that.<P>My recommendation: stick to the boards.<P>Godspeed,<BR>STL

#2922392 10/03/01 07:37 PM
T
T
Here's my take on icq: like anything in life, too much can be a bad thing.<P>H and I are in recovery. Having icq on our pc's was a HUGE issue (b/c he too, met far too many of his 'friends' on there). However, we were able to come up with a compromise. We SHARE an icq #. Our other #'s are long gone, nor do we intend to get them back up and running again.<P>I too talk to both men and women from on here off of this board. We are all strong enough in our beliefs and understanding of MB principles and agree it's okay for us to 'chat'. As far as the opposite sex buddies... well, we're all MBers and have made agreements that if conversations ever go out of bounds, we will cease them altogether. But you know what? That's never happened. And before anyone is added to our list, we talk about it first. <P>Karen<BR>

#2922393 10/03/01 08:57 PM
C
C
I agree with Chris forget the ICQ for now. It will be a big temptation. We have IM's and when my H was on he was very secretive since he is much more computer literate than I guess he didn't think I could figure things out like his password. Duh? When I checked his profile I was floored he was married but looking! <BR>C

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,152 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation