Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2883806 07/04/16 04:02 AM
R
RMW Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I'm in the process of trying to get away from an extremely bad relationship. We were divorced before - he was an angry alcoholic. He'said been dry for a year & 4 mos, so I agreed to try everything but sex. Only to find out he is a dry drunk. I need prayers for safety from his anger fits & to make it out safe while he is away to keep from further destruction of my belongings - and a safe affordable place to live along with a job I can hold out through full-time to be totally independent. I know it's a lot, but I've tried for the past 7mos & He's stopped seeing his counselor & started being angry with everyone for everything even worse. I pray for God's intervention & know not to give my ex another chance. This was his third one. Thanks for your prayers.

RMW #2883825 07/05/16 06:05 AM
B
B
pray

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

A
A
I have heard your prayers and lifted them up to God with others. May God intervene in the requests you have made.

In Jesus name, Amen

AskMe #2883863 07/06/16 11:16 AM
N
N
I prayed for you.

Remarried 7/16
Thanks MB!
nmwb77 #2884871 07/27/16 11:09 AM
A
A
Prayers sent - AMEN

R
RMW Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you all for your prayers in the past. He did begin turning around and started treating me better. But since he got his license back he has started getting back to his old ways. Right now I can't leave because I have nowhere else to go & am still not able to work. I need help but don't know who to turn to. No family or friends to turn to. My family is worse than he is. My best times of a day are when he is out blowing the streets & I'm in the house alone. All of our old friends were alcoholics & I don't associate with them anymore. I don't want to turn back to alcohol myself to try & numb up from time to time. That would be a disaster in my life. As far as I know, he still isn't drinking but it's almost like he's a woman hater & since I stopped jumping at his every whim & just started blocking him out to protect my health & sanity he definetely hates me. I don't hate him, but I desperately need emotional support and all the prayers anyone could spare. I don't know what to do & my nerves have gotton so bad until I'm back on meds for stress seizures. Any words of wisdom, support & prayers for this relationship would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And thank you all ahead of time for anything you can spare. Help, I'm begging
RMW

Last edited by RMW; 06/22/17 03:09 AM.
RMW #2900028 06/22/17 04:03 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by RMW
Thank you all for your prayers in the past. He did begin turning around and started treating me better. But since he got his license back he has started getting back to his old ways. Right now I can't leave because I have nowhere else to go & am still not able to work. I need help but don't know who to turn to. No family or friends to turn to. My family is worse than he is. My best times of a day are when he is out blowing the streets & I'm in the house alone. All of our old friends were alcoholics & I don't associate with them anymore. I don't want to turn back to alcohol myself to try & numb up from time to time. That would be a disaster in my life. As far as I know, he still isn't drinking but it's almost like he's a woman hater & since I stopped jumping at his every whim & just started blocking him out to protect my health & sanity he definetely hates me. I don't hate him, but I desperately need emotional support and all the prayers anyone could spare. I don't know what to do & my nerves have gotton so bad until I'm back on meds for stress seizures. Any words of wisdom, support & prayers for this relationship would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read my post. And thank you all ahead of time for anything you can spare. Help, I'm begging
RMW
Can you go to a local women's shelter?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

P
P
Go to a women's shelter and ask them for help.
Some churches offer help to women in your situation. Start visiting around at local churches and see who can help.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Prisca #2900591 07/09/17 05:21 PM
G
G
How are you doing? Did you contact a women's shelter?

R
RMW Offline OP
OP Offline
R
The woman's shelter here don't work very well. I've been working on exercises given to me way back again. I'm finally able to do more than I have in a long time -as long as I keep doing them.
I go Monday to a community college close by to talk to a guidance counselor to see what hope I can find in jobs & training to help me get free. He is giving me a hard time about sex, but I just can't do it anymore. He was saying he would work with me (again) on Dr. Harley's program, but he would work just long enough to get sex & then quit again. He finally admitted about a week ago that he wouldn't do the program at all.
I'm hoping & praying for good news from the guidance counselor. I am afraid but going anyway. I do have a list of numbers from someone I met but haven't had a chance to get up with any of them yet - just got it this week.
I have to leave here to call any of them. He doesn't know about the list but watches everything I do now.
I have moved some of the things I will need out & hid them into an empty closet at my haircutter's place. There's no more room & I can't push too hard on anyone.
I'll have to check out what help I can find while I'm out to the college Monday.
I'm also afraid because insurance on the car is coming up quick, I have to go back to the Dr on th 1st, tags come up in March & my license has to be renewed shortly after. So money will definitely be an issue regardless of whether I'm here or not. Still nowhere to move - no money if I did & getting the things I paid for & will need out of here - just leaving anything I won't need whether I bought it out of my inheritance or not. The people I know in this town are two faced so there is nowhere to turn even for a hug. My haircutter is male so the storage is ok but hugs are out. He just woke up..gotta go

RMW #3001315 11/26/17 12:29 PM
M
M
RMW, why not start a thread about your situation over on the Dating/Relationships forum and getting feedback from posters? It sounds like you have some occupational issues and maybe we could help.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation