Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
G
Originally Posted by GWN
How do I view fb page without being detected?
Create a new profile, use a new/unused email adress and a different browser (Opera, Firefox, Chrome, install the one you don't have). FB shows you as friend suggestion if you view someone's profile, it plnats cookies everywhere.

FB is very keen on connecting devices to users. If you use a seperate browser just for snooping FB, you will not be unpleasantly surprised by friend-suggestions you would have preferred to avoid.

If you create a new FB profile, start playing silly games (candycrush guarantees lots of FB friends) or take interest in a mutual hobby. Friend random players (or people with this hobby). After you obtained several random friends, search friends of OM who either play silly games, or who have a few hundred friends. Some people accept any friend request.

If you have friended friends of OM, you can see everything he shares with "friend of a friend", which is way more than if you visit his FB without connections. Google will also give more results if you search for his name combined with "site:facebook.com".

It might cost a day or two to set it up, but having an anonymous snoop-account may come in handy.

A
A

Here (link below is to a thread in the Operation Investigate board) are some other FB search ideas:

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2896991#Post2896991

G
GWN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
No luck on finding any friends of friends.
Can�t I just expose to my side?

M
M
Originally Posted by GWN
No luck on finding any friends of friends.
Can�t I just expose to my side?

Has nothing been done in all this time?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
GWN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yes
Facebook searches with no luck, I don�t know any of ap friends.Being the best person I can be when communicating with WW. Being the best father when I have the kids.
What about exposing to my side and work?

M
M
Originally Posted by GWN
Yes
Facebook searches with no luck, I don�t know any of ap friends.Being the best person I can be when communicating with WW. Being the best father when I have the kids.
What about exposing to my side and work?

I would get these exposures done as soon as possible. The longer you put this off the less impact there will be.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
GWN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok
I will work on exposure emails this weekend.
Should I post them before I send them?

M
M
Originally Posted by GWN
Ok
I will work on exposure emails this weekend.
Should I post them before I send them?

That would be a good idea because we can give you feedback. Have you read through the exposure thread for tips on best practices?

Exposure 101

A
A
Originally Posted by GWN
Allan_Tweed thanks
Got fb page.
Thanks

GWN, does this mean you found his FB page?
If so - copy his friend list to a word / excel document.

Go through it - is there anybody with the same last name? This will show you who might be relatives - also use this search - https://www.facebook.com/search/####/relatives
replace the ### with OMs FB usernumber -
Expose to his family - even his ex wife - she may be helpful -
To get her name - contact a lawyer - you may already have one - my lawyer offered to look up the info for me - but the OM is in a different province - she didn't have access.

I know that ML and others are pushing you on this - I will tell you why - using my situation.
My D-Day was last January - I found this site about a week later.
I investigated some - but did not, and don't have access to her Black Berry and work communication methods. Thus was stumped for much of it.

I new who the OM was, his address, everything but his wife's name, location nor his parents information.
So I didn't expose -

My WW moved out 3 weeks ago - the next day she contacted OM.
I went and visited OM two days later.

His son was nice enough to give me OMs STBX contact information.

I called her the next morning.
She didn't really care - in fact she seemed happy for him.
She declines to share any information about his family.

She has moved out, and moved on, he is separated and in his mind this is ok.

Now my wife is separated and it is only a matter of time before this becomes perfectly ok in her mind.
I exposed to our friends and family the same week-end, most of them no response, a couple told me I was stupid. I have two supporters out of our group of shared friends.

I exposed after she moved out - now I have her venom, and limited chances to plan A.

Expose now - or you will always regret it.

M
M
Allan, I am so sorry to hear this. frown

Exposure 101

A
A
ML,
Thank you - but you told me from day one to expose.
I really did try - after POSOMs son gave me his moms phone number and address, and POSOM gave me her first name (the names I thought fit didn't) I did some sleuthing. She has zero online presence. No phone records, no FB, nothing.
I didn't have a chance. I don't think a PI would have helped much either - Canada has some different privacy rules.
Now, I Plan A, and present a better option.
End of Thread-Jack.

A
A
GWN,
Have you made any progress? I hate to see a fellow Canadian go through this.
This place, and Dr. Harley's plan are the best chance we all have of saving and rebuilding what we value.

G
GWN Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I know what I have to do but my heart is getting in the way of my mind.
I need a kick in the bum!

A
A
Did you read what happened to me for because I didn't expose? Do you want a chance to head this off? Do it now, and nip this in the bud.
Otherwise their feelings will "grow" and they will think they are soulmates.
Exposure is like turning on the lights in a ghetto kitchen you see the roaches scrambling for the dark but if the exposure is effective, there is no darkness left, and the normal demise of the affair is accelerated. Does that work as a kick in the a$$?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation