Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 339 of 339 1 2 337 338 339
E
E
Hi Queenie! Glad to hear your and your H are doing well- not sure if you remember me- I haven't been here in ~3 years or so and love catching up and seeing old threads (I never in a million years thought there would be so many names and threads I'd recognize 3 years later!). My old name was just "eeyoree"- but I can't get into that account anymore, so I added an "e"- ha.

I remember your story of strength- your H had only been home a few months when I left MB. I moved out of state with my BH and our recovery has been everything that MB promises- we're doing great. Its so great to see there's so many happy stories- I'm happy to see you're doing well, and I see that Looking4 even checked in recently!

Wishing you the best-
E.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Here it is, 5 years from D-day and it's been a very hard day. For the life of me, I can't figure out why. I have been waiting for this day and talking about it, thinking the power would be taken out but it hasn't. My marriage is stronger than ever, my life is full of blessings beyond that one should have and yet the pain is still there. I don't dwell on it, I walk through it. I don't take my life for granted. But today I'm edgy and I'm glad the day is almost over.

I miss you guys. I hope all is well with everyone!

Hi eeyoree, of course I remember you, so glad to hear from you. I'm going to get to sleep, let g-d rest my soul and come back to catch up on how you are doing.

Last edited by QueeniesAdventures; 05/15/12 12:34 AM.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
{{{{{{{{ Queenie, aka SkinsGal smile }}}}}}}}}

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi HPB,

Ya know, skins gal doesn't live anymore. G-d healed her and put her away to be a new person. One that come to him for help, not rely on herself, one who was patient and kind to everyone she met or tried to be, not be hurtful to others, etc. Skinsgal represents selfishness, self centeredness and destruction.

I love reading about your lives and the happenings. Mazel tov on all the blessings.

What's happening. SF has FINALLY moved in the healthy direction. I didn't think it would happen, LORD knows I was patient, but I'm human. For sure last week was a week of feeling lots of feelings and taking extra precautions. My co-worker's H is having at the very least an emotional affair and as you all can imagine it brought up so much inside of me. THEN, my son got some information about H that brought us cause for concern that he might be slipping into his old ways. What I learned through that process is we never will truly know if someone is being open, honest and telling the truth. It will always be a crap shot.

We really have is a daily reprieve and I found myself resting on my laurels and not being diligent about snooping. Hubby was being the same, though there being times where we weren�t in contact longer than normal. So I confronted him, explained to him that I wasn�t the same person that he left all those years ago and he could have his freedom. I was queenie today and I could live a new life, like I had before. I meant it, because G-d was carrying me. He told me he wanted the freedom to live with me. He looked me straight in the eye and told me that really this was his fault, that he had brought the doubt into our lives and he hadn�t worked diligently enough to erase or put to rest his past actions. We ALL know he didn�t act like that last time. And then I changed the subject, but took him completely off guard and asked to see his phone.

Last time some may remember that he bought a pay as you go phone and my son was told that hubby was seen in the store buying another one. So, I really didn�t expect to see anything like that, but he told me he was talking to someone and where he had been. That I could check and he immediately turned it over without hesitation, apologized for giving me reason to ask for it and we went on with our night.

YS and I spoke about his confrontation with H and he suggested that there really is nothing we have to go on and so we just have to keep an eye out and be diligent.

Hubby was going away this past weekend for a convention, and had asked me a few times to go with him, but I couldn�t cause I was babysitting GS, but that changed immediately and of course I was going now. We ended up having the best weekend truly and very relaxed and talked about everything and anything.

I talked to him about my co-worker and there was no hesitation on his part to discuss what he was like that he remembers, what was going on in his head if he had one etc. He really did everything to put me at ease and feel safe. One of the biggest things was that SF completely stopped when he was having an A in each situation. That isn�t occurring so�..

I did check his car the next morning, but it�s way tall for me and I couldn�t get all into it. I told him I checked the car and he said please do and continue to until I feel safe and again apologized.

My co-worker is hurting. Her anger is on the surface and she has read parts of SAA. She doesn�t know if she is willing to fight for her M especially after she has done some snooping. I�m so proud of what she has done. It�s just so hard to watch.

I hope all is well with everyone. My prayers are that you are all ok and feel loved by your G-d.

hug
What's happening. SF has FINALLY moved in the healthy direction. I didn't think it would happen, LORD knows I was patient, but I'm human. For sure last week was a week of feeling lots of feelings and taking extra precautions. My co-worker's H is having at the very least an emotional affair and as you all can imagine it brought up so much inside of me. THEN, my son got some information about H that brought us cause for concern that he might be slipping into his old ways. What I learned through that process is we never will truly know if someone is being open, honest and telling the truth. It will always be a crap shot.

Last edited by QueeniesAdventures; 06/25/12 10:56 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Originally Posted by QueeniesAdventures
Hi HPB,

Ya know, skins gal doesn't live anymore. G-d healed her and put her away to be a new person. One that come to him for help, not rely on herself, one who was patient and kind to everyone she met or tried to be, not be hurtful to others, etc. Skinsgal represents selfishness, self centeredness and destruction.

I love reading about your lives and the happenings. Mazel tov on all the blessings.

It's amazing what God can and will do, if we let Him.

Thanks for the update!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Amen HPB, Amen

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
We are almost 6 years to d-day! It blows my mind how different life is. We still continue to be gentle, caring, considerate and growing each day in our marriage. We are reading the book Draw Close and enjoying learning how we've changed. Just being together us so easy and calm . I owe do much to all off you here and so many others.

5 years ago yesterday I wanted to due because the WW was in complete control! Today the WW is but a memory that I pay attention to for signs and remember the lessons I learned here.

He surprised me at work with flowers for my b'day and remembered roses are a sore subject. He took me somewhere for dinner that I asked to go to! He didn't the better part if this week, not just telling me, but truly showing me in his actions how much he loves me.

If you are new reading this, please learn and do! If it worked for us it can work for you !

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
L
L
long term success - whoo hoo! dance2

fBW 49
xWH 55
DD 22
DDay 6/07
D 8/15
Letting Go
A
A
Thank you for posting this. It is so encouraging when people post their MB success story.

AM

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thank you both! I'm very fortunate, that's for sure!

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
So, it never ceases to amaze me the wayward mind or another one bites the dust. I just talked to another co worker last night who I would almost bet is having an affair. I sent her to this website and I told her if she wanted her marriage to visit it. Hopefully she does.

I guess I don't understand why when you find yourself in this position and you know about this website or honestly others that you don't go and read and read and do. I'm lost.

And then it's so frustrating watching marriages disintegrate because they don't take action.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
P
P
I am so encouraged by all your posts. I was brousing and found this on a day I when I was feeling pretty low. My WH has moved in with OW and I am on day five of Plan B no contact.

BS
Married going to be 24 years May 13, 2013
Together 28 years
2 adult children
D-Day 3/28/2012 (day of 1st separation)

Separated again 3/12/13
A
A
Queenie!!!! is that really really you?? Yeah I know I am a busy busy bee just wanted to say hi and I so need to catch up with you smile

Hugs Darlin

Married 1996
4 wonderful children 16, 13 *OC*, 10, 7
FWW 30's
FWH 30's
My dday 1-2007 he came clean to me

My story
New beginings
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi Princefan, please forgive me for not seeing this. Life just took on a life and here it is almost 6 months. I have to try and do some searching to see how your situation is coming.

Hey there Pretty!!! Hugs to you. Hopefully you check in soon and give me an update on how you are doing.

I hope all is doing well. This has been a whirlwind of a few months. After months of having to plan but not knowing until July 3rd our DD got married at our house last Saturday. Our move is planned for September 1st and we are getting to go back to where we used to live only higher and a better home. Woohoo.

As soon as I can muster some alone time Z(babysitting GS while DD is on honeymoon), I want to update you all on my co-worker. If ever there was an example of what not to do, SHE IS IT!!! OMG.... but her life.

Anyways, just stopping by for a few.... Hugs to you all!!

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Thanks for stopping by Queenie. I have often wondered how your co-worker is doing. Please update soon.

Congratulations on your DD wedding.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks, Brain. Will update very soon. My boss is gone for 4 days. Woo hoo!!!! Just got to complete some stuff first. smile

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Bump for Christian Samurai

Q
OP Offline
Q
Happy Almost 2018,

I had lunch with Johnstwin today (love that woman!!!) and got to wondering how long it's been since I was here last. A little over 4 years. Wow. That's unbelievable. But hope all is well for the people I know.

I still am so grateful to so many of you who helped me through my darkest time.

As of today, I have been married 33 years, 12 months and 26 days. Yep, coming up on our 34 year anniversary. D-day was almost 10.5 years ago and while so much has changed, that pain, that period of darkness, and then the light of you who helped me remains so much of my journey.

I have 4 grandchildren now. Three boys and finally one grand daughter. My kids, well let's just say G-d doesn't have any grandchildren.

Hugs to you all,
Queenie

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 339 of 339 1 2 337 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation