Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3002061 01/01/18 06:05 PM
S
OP Offline
S
New to the board married with 2 children. Around Nov my wife asks us to attend therapy. We have had issues in the past. I felt like something was off and went into her texts. She was texting the other guy about how she thinks our marriage is over. The other man pretty much said he no longer wanted to go on with the relationship in the text chain and said he could not deal with the guilt. They were previously friends for years. She continued to flirt with him after he said they needed to return back to the way things were and she seemed to be the aggressor. I found out this was going on for slightly over a month and a half and it never progressed past meeting on 3-4 occasions and kissing. I obviously want to save my marriage and am looking for advice. Should i even concern myself with the other guy at this point ? She has given me access to her phone/email after i confronted her.

scared98 #3002062 01/01/18 06:22 PM
S
S
Welcome to MB.

Who is the OM?
How old are your children?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
scared98 #3002063 01/01/18 06:24 PM
S
S
Originally Posted by scared98
Should i even concern myself with the other guy at this point ? She has given me access to her phone/email after i confronted her.

Yes, you should be very concerned - this was a full blown affair.

Your WW can easily work around the phone/email. She has probably just taken contact further underground.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #3002064 01/01/18 06:25 PM
S
S
I'm very sorry to tell you that this affair has not ended. You need to read the Exposure 101 thread and come back and talk to us about an exposure plan.

This is very salvageable - but not if you enable the affair by keeping it secret.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
SusieQ #3002066 01/01/18 06:41 PM
S
OP Offline
S
The OM is a guy that lives two towns away. I have one friend i have disclosed this to and he knows him. My friend was in shock that the OM would do this. Children are 3 and 6.

I did not consider exposure. The therapist had her issue a no contact text and turn over everything to me. I was told to forget the OM and focus on my wife.

scared98 #3002067 01/01/18 06:43 PM
S
S
I did not consider exposure.

Did you read through the Exposure 101 thread?

http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2566583#Post2566583

If you are not willing to expose, I'm not sure how we can help you.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
scared98 #3002068 01/01/18 09:49 PM
M
M
I did not consider exposure. The therapist had her issue a no contact text and turn over everything to me. I was told to forget the OM and focus on my wife.

scared, this is good advice after you affair proof your marriage. Most "therapists' have very little professional experience with saving marriages and even less with infidelity.

There is a very narrow path to save your marriage after an affair and the first step is to expose the affair wide and far and affair proof your marriage. Exposure is a critical first step.

Once you have done that, we can give you the steps to save your marriage and create a romantic marriage.

Is the OM married?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

MelodyLane #3002073 01/02/18 04:35 AM
I
I
Scared, its very common for affairees to be racked with guilt one month, then resume the affair a while later. You need to kill the affair more effectually. With exposure.

Please don't be one of those people who are too scared, back away, then show up in again in a few months with 'We are still stalled; what do?'. Its better to pull the bandaid off swiftly, get the support you need, and prevent your wife from living with such a morbid secret that it is bound to fester.

Affairs are such fantasy objects it is impossible to fight them in the dark. Unless you drag out the facts into the light of day you will never be able to compete with the memory of such a fantasy. In daylight of course they look ridiculous.

And of course you should expose OM! It makes you look very casual to just leave him be in this fashion. I have only ever seen WWs respond to husbands who are fighting for the marriage.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation