Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
M
Originally Posted by jason79
That makes sense. I have since deleted my private account that the OW has access to. So there is no emailing the only email that was sent was on Feb 17. I know saying i won�t run to her is not a plan. I have a binder with my plans in it for avoiding Re occurrence and for falling in love. The plan is written and ready to be shared with my wife.

I hope that "I promise not to do it again" is not on that list, because that is not a plan. The most important item on that list must be:

1. I will never ever have contact with the OW again for life.

That is STEP ONE. Until that step is taken, you can't go onto next steps. As of yet you and the OW still work at the same place. What is going on with the transfer?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
As of yet you and the OW still work at the same place. What is going on with the transfer?

Jason, if you are talking about having a binder full of your plan on how to protect your BW from the OW but still going to the same workplace as the OW, then you are not understanding what NC means. You are not understanding what Extraordinary Precautions mean or Extraordinary Care.

Every day you go to the workplace where the OW is, you are putting your M at serious risk - not only at risk for the affair to re-start, but each and every time you will be triggering and hurting your BW immensely.

When can NC (no longer working with OW) actually be established? That's where 100% of your focus needs to be right now.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I have a binder with my plans in it for avoiding Re occurrence and for falling in love. The plan is written and ready to be shared with my wife.

You need to be very careful about talking to your BW about falling in love or meeting each other's needs when you haven't even established NC yet.

The thought of having to meet my ex WH's needs when he was still working with the OW made me extremely angry. Extremely.

Last edited by SusieQ; 03/13/18 06:06 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
I understand. I have a plan for me. I will not run back to the OW.

What Dr Harley would tell you is that this is not true - that as long as you have the ability to cross paths easily with the OW, you will be at high risk for starting the affair again.

He says even men who completely recover their M years later can run into the OW and fall into the affair very easily all over again.

You are not safe until you or the OW are completely and permanentlyout of that workplace (her being on leave right now does not count). I think your BW senses this and that's why she will not let her guard down with you right now.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
You should have been there the night My wife , me and OW sat down and had a conversation at the OW's house. That was very interesting. This conversation took place after the email. And at the end of the conversation outside my wife asked me to pick, her or the OW. I told her that I wanted us to work out.
What was this conversation about? Was it your wife's idea for you all to sit down and talk? I haven't come across a betrayed spouse doing that before. What was there to discuss, and how long did it take?

What did your wife way when you said you "wanted us to work out" when she told you to choose? Since she told you to choose and you chose your wife, why haven't things moved closer since then?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Agreed. No that is not step one. The transfer is still being discussed in education it is not that simple to just switch schools

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Susie Q- the plan to fall in love is stuff i want to do for my wife. It will be for me to refer to. Like i said transferring in education is not that easy. And my wife doesn�t want me to transfer. She wants me to be there for our kids but i know i need to go somewhere else.
My wife asked me if i would sit with her and the OW and talk. My wife had some questions she needed to ask. It was a cordial conversation.the conversation lasted about 45 min or so. When i told her that i wanted to work on us she said get in the car and let�s go home. My wife�s emotions are up and down day to day. Like today was a good day. Conversation was very good.
I have put pieces in place to make sure that i don�t contact the OW again. I just need to get a transfer worked out or just apply for a new job at a different school.

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After we went back home after the conversation she asked me to sleep on the couch. I stayed there for a couple days because my truck was having issues. My father in law let me borrow his truck for a few days and when that happened my wife said she needed her space and that i should head to my friends house. Been there ever since. That was feb 25th during closing ceremonies of the olympics.

Last edited by jason79; 03/13/18 08:01 PM.
M
M
I just need to get a transfer worked out or just apply for a new job at a different school.

The above will determine the success or failure of your marriage. How far does the OW live from you?

You said your principal knows about this affair, but I am astonished that the OW still has a job. As a "counselor," can't she lose her license for having an affair with a married man and the father of her students? A counselor should know better.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
She lives about 10 miles away. As a school counselor you don�t need a license. You get a credential and that is different then private practice.

M
M
She lives about 10 miles away. As a school counselor you don�t need a license. You get a credential and that is different then private practice.

Are basic ethics a requirement for her credentials? Is it ok for her to commit adultery with her students parents?

And 10 miles away is wonderful. That way you can be running into her for years to come in an on again, off again affair.

Exposure 101

M
M
Just so you know, having her live right by you will be a major impediment to recovery. Every time you or your wife see her will put you back to day 1 of recovery. You are facing an on again, off again for years. Dr. Harley recommends moving away so this doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by Dr Bill Harley
Once an affair is first revealed, whether it's discovered or admitted, the victimized spouse is usually in a state of shock. The first reaction is usually panic, but it's quickly followed by anger. Divorce and sometimes even murder are contemplated. But after some time passes (usually about three weeks), most couples decide that they will try to pull together and save their marriage.

The one having an affair is in no position to bargain, but he or she usually tries anyway. The bargaining effort usually boils down to somehow keeping the lover in the loop. You'd think that the unfaithful spouse would be so aware of his or her weaknesses, and so aware of the pain inflicted, that every effort would be made to avoid further contact with the lover as an act of thoughtfulness to the stunned spouse. But instead, the unfaithful spouse argues that the relationship was "only sexual" or was "emotional but not sexual" or some other peculiar description to prove that continued contact with the lover would be okay.

Most victimized spouses intuitively understand that all contact with a lover must end for life. Permanent separation not only helps prevent a renewal of the affair, but it is also a crucial gesture of consideration to someone who has been through hell. What victimized spouse would ever want to know that his or her spouse is seeing or communicating with a former lover at work or in some other activity?

In spite of career sacrifices, friendships, and issues relating to children's schooling, I am adamant in recommending that there be no contact with a former lover for life. For many, that means a move to another state. But to do otherwise fails to recognize the nature of addiction and its cure.

Look at M.S.'s husband. Here he is, thousands of miles from his lover, and yet he still feels compelled to call her. Can you imagine the trouble M.S. would have had separating them if they had not moved? Their move was the best thing that could have happened to their marriage because it not only revealed the affair, but it also set up the conditions that would make ending it possible -- total separation.

We don't know if R.J. still sees his lover, but he says he has broken off all contact. In many cases where a person is still in town, that's hard to prove. But one thing's for sure, if he ever does see his lover, it will put him in a state of perpetual withdrawal from his addiction, and make the resolution of his marriage essentially impossible. In fact, one of the reasons he is not recovering after three months of separation may be that he is not being truthful about the separation.
here

Exposure 101

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I don�t want to have another affair. This one has done enough damage. I just want my wife back which may never happen and i will have to live with that. I assume full responsibility for all of this.

M
M
I don�t want to have another affair. This one has done enough damage. I just want my wife back which may never happen and i will have to live with that. I assume full responsibility for all of this.

I hope you are willing to assume full responsibility for it by taking the necessary steps to ensure your marriage is affair proofed. I haven't seen any sign of that yet. To be honest, I don't see that you take that very seriously and would rather sweep it under the rug and get on with your life where you live by and work with the OW. Even if you left that district, you still live 10 miles from the Love Nest and can always resume the affair at the snap of a finger. And living right by her, you will be perpetually triggered which makes it very unlikely the affair will ever end.

Exposure 101

M
M
Just saying " I will never see OW again" when you still work with her and live 10 minutes away is ludicrous.

Exposure 101

G
G
It was a cordial conversation.
I cannot imagine this and doubt your wife would describe the conversation as "cordial".
I don�t want to have another affair.
Nobody wants to have an(other) affair, but lots of people do. You will have to make drastic changes so you won't be able to do it again.

Are you listening to the radio show?

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
So how do i move away if my wife won�t move with me? She won�t even let me back in the house. Yes i am listening to the show and i also have a few books i downloaded on Audible and have been listening to them also.

I
I
I have sent her the link to this site a couple of times.

Tell her that we can help her keep better track of you. Tell her that you don't want blind trust and welcome more full on check ups.

Tracking your phone, especially since you are aware of it is...the right path but pretty weak.

It won't be reassuring enough.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

I
I

Even if you survive an encounter with OW, your wife could run into her.

For those of us who have been betrayed, it's like running into our rapist. Years of recovery work would be undone and she'd go back to day #1 of resentment.

So how do i move away if my wife won�t move with me? She won�t even let me back in the house. Yes i am listening to the show and i also have a few books i downloaded on Audible and have been listening to them also.

Your wife needs to be away from her even if she never recovers the marriage. She probably does not entirely realise the effect OW has on her because shes in the early stages of shock.

Has she agreed on the new house already? How far is she from OW?

Can you get out your best sales pitch and
a) encourage her to move away from OW?
b) Encourage her to come here for support in healing?

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

J
jason79 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I understand. I will do my best on getting her on the site to heal and get some help. I am totally open to the full on check ups that you speak of. i welcome them. Yes, her and the kids will be moving into the new house at the end of April. About the same distance from the OW.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation