Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Blue47 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
The years before we were married, we would talk on the phone, Skype etc... But never went on a date. my husband wanted to be with me and marry me, but he had people in his life that said I was not for him, they even at one point called me an angel of light. They instead pushed him towards a girl 24 years younger than him. It was a confusing time for me because he didn't want to ruin the authority figures in my eyes so didn't tell me everything

He was very conflicted and these people were an authority in his life so he thought they might be right and he went on a date with her and took her to a wedding.

But after each of these times, the person who was pushing him towards her, would do an about face and be against him being with her.

I was very very very hurt. Not only about her but the angel of light comment, which he puts in my face at times, accusing me if being one.

She still is in his life as a sheep, so he cannot ignore her. She was in tears at our wedding, so I do feel sorry for her, but all the time these authority figures were pushing her towards him, she was showing to him that she likes him, and sleeping / flirting with other guys.

So even if he wanted to, the age difference and her behaviour made it not possible to marry her.

We've been married almost 5 years. She used to hand around at church

I get jealous because she contacts him by text about her problems, etc... We go to lunch with her and her family at a restaurant and she makes obvious to everyone attempt to have him sit near her.

I need help letting go of the past. I seriously need help.

I cannot ignore her also the type of person I am means I am very nice to her.

But I don't want him to think she's better or more fun than me, because my husband and I argue, we see each other as we are, and he sees only the best of her because he doesn't live with her

It's making my marriage difficult that I get jea. Please pray for breakthroughs

T
T
Dear Blue,
Jealousy is not a bad emotion. It actually means intolerant of rivalry. In marriage you expect to be shown preference and husbands should not be seeking to counsel other women. In this case your jealousy is like a “ righteous indignation” and an intolerance to rivalry. What is wrong with that in marriage? You’d have to be totally naive to not see that this situation between your husband and this girl/ woman would poise a threat to your marriage.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (NewEveryDay), 1,357 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation