Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mnyk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hello,

past 2-3 days I have been thinking that my wife is attracted towards my friend, but I am not sure, so i need your help to figure it out. i will try to keep the post short as possible.

actually he is my college friend and i introduced him to my wife, 6 months back, in connection with some pending work of my wife, which is to be done from some office, in which incidentally my friend works, so I thought we would approach him to get the work done, and we did.
then they both were in direct contact with each other over phone regarding this work, she even visited alone to his office and met him 2-3 times at his office in connection with this work, when they met they went outside was casual walk and my wife clicked selfies of both of them in her phone, which she shown to me in evening, which i felt normal, (no red flags).
after few days my called him to her hospital for doing some checks on him, he was suffering from some health issues, my wife told me that, he is coming to her hospital tomorrow, it was saturday, and i was having off, so she asked me to come with him, I called him that i would also join him tomorrow, i picked him from nearest metro station and went to hospital, did the required tests and i dropped him to same station. test reports were to come in some time and some in 2-3 days. that day she called him in evening, talked about 3-4 minutes, and from that day they were talking almost daily for 4-5 mins each day. one day i asked her about his reports and further tests, she told me that report sent to him, but did not tell anything more, when i asked further she told she dont know, i thought they are talking regular in connection with his tests and reports, so i was slightly surprised how she dont know, then next day i found that when my wife was on duty, they talked 2 times on phone, for total about 20 minutes, and in whats app he texted he would call her in evening, after 9, may be their conversation was not complete, he again texted her if its ok to call her after 9, she replied Ok, my wife came home at 0830 pm, and at 0930 he texted her that her phone was not reachable, my wife called him (from other room) and his phone was also not reachable, so she texted him back that she would call her next day. when I saw these messages and calls in evening I asked my wife if she called him ,she said yes, then i asked what they talked about 20 minutes in call and again he has to call back in evening, she said nothing special, just normal discussion, she also deleted her whats app chat history with him previous day, i also asked her why she deleted whats app chat history, she said there was one joke she sent him, which she later thought should not have sent, so she deleted it and while doing so, entire history got deleted. there was nothing offensive in chatting as i saw her messages previously, she just sent 2-3 jokes to him and she was telling truth. but now there was red flag, i was thinking why they have to talk so much on phone, and even they need to talk in evening. i asked her, she said now he has become his friend also so they talk sometime on general topic, he shares some problem with her, and office discussion. so on that day they were doing causal discussion nothing related to her work or his health issues. then i told her I found that odd and asked her to keep the discussions limited, she was not very happy with my opinion, she said i am suspecting her, then she told she would now stop calling him and would only talk related to work. i also told her that do not tell him anything about our discussion and let him feel normal, next day she called him and told him that she would want to come to his office in relation with her pending work, ( i was recording her calls), next day she went to meet him at his office even if there was no work on that day she went to meet him., she told me that she is going to his office for pending work and also meeting him, I said Ok. but by this time I knew that she is going just to meet him and not for office work as i was recording her calls.

she met him about 1 to 1.5 hours, and then came back in evening at home aroind 7 pm. after she came she did not tell me anything about meeting with him, she didnt say a word. she had her dinner and went to sleep. but i was not able to sleep, i was just thinking about their meeting, she noticed that i was not sleeping, she called me couple of times to sleep but i said you sleep, i am not feeling sleepy, at 2 AM i went to bedroom, she was also awake, she noticed that i m not sleeping, that time she told me that, she met him and she cleared everything with him, that I dont liked about their frequent phone discussion, and they would now only talk related to work. i was shocked, why she would need to do this, I told her not tell him about our internal discussion but she did not listen me and she told him that I dont like that.
he stand was that, she wanted to made him clear,

why would she want to do this?
if she is telling nothing is in between them, why she wanted to go and meet him and tell him that I dont like their frequent phone talking?
why she told our internal home matter to outside person?
why she just cant behave normally without even telling him..

These are the signs which I think she got attracted to my friend, I am not sure though,

I need your help to understand this, is she really attracted to my friend looking at series of events? or its just normal relationship?

Please help me.

B
B
Welcome to MB.

There are definitely a lot of red flags.

Can you get spyware in her devices without her knowing? As well as a VAR in her vehicle?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

S
S
She's having an inappropriate relationship with him, and it needs to stop. It could be the prelude to an affair, or it could be physical already.

You've been registered here for a long time, so I presume you've read the advice about ending an affair. Are you prepared to follow it?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
Mnyk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks @sugarcane & @brainhurts for going through long post and your replies, and i am relieved somewhat by your opinions that, what i am thinning is not absolutely wrong.

There is one update on the matter, today i called my friend, we talked about 15 minutes on phone, we talked about my wifes pending work progress, he was guiding me further, at the end I told him about my wifes behavior after meeting with him, that she has changed and she is not talking to me after your meeting, further i told him before their meeting me and my wife had discussion about their frequent phone calls, told him I found it odd and told her to limit her talking, he asked my why I found it odd, why I think so, I said I dont know but i found it odd, then I asked him about what they talked when they met, he said, only about work and her own wifes issues, I further tried to dig him, and asked if they talked anything about my discussion with my wife on their phone calls, and my instruction to her to limit the discussions, then he was little uncomfortable and he did not reply, only he said he is out of town and he would meet me and talk to me when we met.

so my friend also signaled red flag which further strengthened my views on their relationship.

Any further advise?

Thanks
Mnyk.

S
S
Originally Posted by Mnyk
Thanks @sugarcane & @brainhurts for going through long post and your replies, and i am relieved somewhat by your opinions that, what i am thinning is not absolutely wrong.

There is one update on the matter, today i called my friend, we talked about 15 minutes on phone, we talked about my wifes pending work progress, he was guiding me further, at the end I told him about my wifes behavior after meeting with him, that she has changed and she is not talking to me after your meeting, further i told him before their meeting me and my wife had discussion about their frequent phone calls, told him I found it odd and told her to limit her talking, he asked my why I found it odd, why I think so, I said I dont know but i found it odd, then I asked him about what they talked when they met, he said, only about work and her own wifes issues, I further tried to dig him, and asked if they talked anything about my discussion with my wife on their phone calls, and my instruction to her to limit the discussions, then he was little uncomfortable and he did not reply, only he said he is out of town and he would meet me and talk to me when we met.

so my friend also signaled red flag which further strengthened my views on their relationship.

Any further advise?

Thanks
Mnyk.
Well, what about first answering the advice we gave you in our posts?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
Mnyk Offline OP
OP Offline
M
@Sugarcane, Yes i know the advise for ending an affair, but she is not yet ready to admit it, that this is inappropriate relationship. and she is not talking to me since last 4-5 days (from the day she met her).
also i have installed spy app on her phone and monitoring it.

Thanks.

B
B
@Sugarcane, Yes i know the advise for ending an affair, but she is not yet ready to admit it, that this is inappropriate relationship. and she is not talking to me since last 4-5 days (from the day she met her).
also i have installed spy app on her phone and monitoring it.

Thanks.
Have you seen anything on your spyware? Did you put a VAR in her vehicle so you can hear what they say?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

L
L
@Sugarcane, Yes i know the advise for ending an affair, but she is not yet ready to admit it, that this is inappropriate relationship. and she is not talking to me since last 4-5 days.

She is never going to admit this. That is why the spyware is so important. You need to find out what is going on. Don't bring up the subject with her, she will just go underground. Be Sherlock Holmes.

3 adult children
Divorced - he was a serial adulterer
Now remarried, thank you MB
(formerly lied_to_again)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation