Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3016359 03/13/22 11:24 PM
V
OP Offline
V
There truly is a first time for everything.
I have been dealing with depression on and off for the last 20+ years. I have been married twice before and I ended those marriages. I have been married to the love of my life of the last 13+ years. I adopted the kids when they were young and we have had a pretty good life. I have had a few difficulties….got sucker punched by my B-in-law, my F-in-law owns the company but did nothing. I did see it coming though….he fought with two other people but F-in-Law never did anything. Shortly after that, I had a meltdown and took pills. I was asked to leave our house at that point. We worked it out, kind of. I ended up cheating with someone that I didn’t really like at all. Meds? Stress? My wife has a heart of gold and we worked through it. Then I think we hit bottom. I had to fly out for business and left a few days early to visit my child who wasn’t happy. My wife suggested that I not go bc I was going to crash. The time with my daughter was ok, but I felt distant. Then the night before I was to fly to my business meeting I started crashing. I got upset with my wife, made a rude comment to my daughter, and while sitting in the airport, misunderstood a text from my wife and went over the edge. She had mis-texted me something and it read like she didn’t want to be with me anymore. At that moment, I lost everything that mattered to me, my wife and kids. I nearly got through that day and half the next before I started popping pills. After phone calls from my wife and family, I was able to get to a point where I could fly out, but not home. My wife didn’t feel safe, so I went with family.
My wife won’t talk to me, my kids won’t talk to me. She told me that she doesn’t want a divorce, but she can’t stay married like this.
I eat lunch with my wife every day. I love my kids. We work our butts off….two jobs each and moving a child around for sports. I know we had arguments. I wasn’t as close as she wanted me to be. I thought we enjoyed being together. I sent her a loving text message every morning and if something came up and I was slow to do it, she noticed. How can it be like this? Do I deserve it? I know that I will do anything to get my family back. Anything! Is it too late?
FYI…..people say that suicide is a selfish act, I can see it that way when I am not depressed. When you fall into that hole of depression, things aren’t that logical. The sense of loss for me was all encompassing. When I was in that experience, I was doing everything I could to not feel that sense of loss/depression.
I want to be a better person and do whatever it takes to be with my family.

N
N
Victor, welcome to the marriage builders forum! I encourage you to ask the moderators to move your thread to the Surviving an Affair part of the forum. It may be not too late since she is still willing to see you for lunches. But you want these experiences to be positive for you both.

In the meantime, are you getting treatment for your depression? I encourage you to listen to the Marriage Builders radio show. It is very encouraging and will help you in applying the tools you read about in the articles here.

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation