Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3016653 09/26/22 11:42 AM
B
Brad344 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
What is the recommendation when your spouse, after 16 years of marriage, says that they were never actually ever in love with you? We have 2 kids, and just over 3 weeks ago she told me she had an affair that ended about 4 months ago.

-Brad
Brad344 #3016654 09/26/22 02:26 PM
B
B
Originally Posted by Brad344
What is the recommendation when your spouse, after 16 years of marriage, says that they were never actually ever in love with you? We have 2 kids, and just over 3 weeks ago she told me she had an affair that ended about 4 months ago.
Welcome to MB and sorry for what has brought you here.

First thing, ask the MODS to move your thread to SAA, because you will get more support.

Her saying that is trying to change marital history because she’s in the FOG of the affair and will lie.

Who is the OM (other man? Have you exposed the affair?

Do you want to save your marriage?

How old are your kids?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

#3016674 09/28/22 10:39 PM
B
Brad344 Offline OP
OP Offline
B

-Brad
Brad344 #3016675 09/28/22 10:46 PM
B
Brad344 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks! I posted this to SAA. Took me a minute to realize what SAA meant.

To answer your questions. She works with the other man and they are still working in the same organization. Yes, the affair had been exposed to her sister, my parents, my brother and his wife, my personal friend, my supervisor at work, and two of our mutual friends. My wife told me that the other man also told his wife.

I want to save our marriage but my wife is unsure what she wants at this moment.

Our kids are 10 and 9.

Thank you so much for your help and support!

-Brad
Brad344 #3016676 09/29/22 02:04 PM
B
B
It sounds like your marriage hasn’t recovered from her affair.

Who is the OM (other man)? Do you know if they are in contact still? Where did she meet him? How did she carry on the affair? Have you been tested for STD? Do you want to save your marriage?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

Brad344 #3016678 09/29/22 03:54 PM
B
B
Thanks! I posted this to SAA. Took me a minute to realize what SAA meant.

To answer your questions. She works with the other man and they are still working in the same organization. Yes, the affair had been exposed to her sister, my parents, my brother and his wife, my personal friend, my supervisor at work, and two of our mutual friends. My wife told me that the other man also told his wife.

I want to save our marriage but my wife is unsure what she wants at this moment.

Our kids are 10 and 9.

Thank you so much for your help and support!
You need to call and expose it to the OM’s BW. I will link the exposure thread. I’m sorry but you can’t trust that the OM told his BW the truth. Also then both you can keep an eye on both ends if they break NC.

Also, if they both still work together then you can’t be sure that the affair has ended. Every time they see or have contact it’s like the affair is back to step one.

Please read what Dr. Harley says about exposing to her workplace and to your kids.

Has anyone you exposed to talked with your WW and expressed their disappointment?

Also you should expose to the OM’s parents.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Brad344 #3016679 09/29/22 03:55 PM
B
B
Please read Exposure 101

Have you told your kids?
Also read Exposing to Children

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Brad344 #3016680 09/29/22 08:12 PM
B
B
Also, what about exposing to her parents?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation