Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#333902 03/26/99 03:54 PM
K
kel Offline OP
OP Offline
K
An Instant<P>It took a while to know him,<BR>We had long talks, we laughed, we shared,<BR>It took a while for him to know me,<BR>We encouraged each other, supported, cared,<BR> But it only took an instant to love him.<P>It took a while to know that love,<BR>To understand what it meant, how we felt.<BR>We both have others, children and homes,<BR>We both agreed not to risk all that.<BR> But it only took an instant to kiss him.<P>In his arms I felt a peace,<BR>I never thought I'd had before.<BR>But maybe it was just so long ago,<BR>I know it left me wanting more.<BR>I felt the need in his kiss,<BR>He pulled me close, what he wanted, I knew.<BR>I struggled in my mind a while,<BR>What do I want? What should I do?<BR> But it only took an instant to lie down with him.<P>It was that instant,<BR>Borne of all that came in my life before…<BR>That has changed forever who I am….<BR>I am who I was but less and more.<P>The others in our lives could tell,<BR>It wasn't long and they'd found out.<BR>It took a while to try to explain,<BR>While they struggled with hurt and doubt.<BR> But it only took an instant for our world to fall apart.<P>We had known what we had would have to end,<BR>We struggled with our feelings, we talked, but we knew,<BR>It was the best for everyone, the best for our kids,<BR>The courageous thing, the right thing to do.<BR> But it only took an instant for my heart to break in two.<P>Now it's been a while and I'm still left with all these pieces.<BR>Pieces of my love, my hope, my dreams, my heart.<BR>It will take a long while to pick them all up,<BR> But it only took an instant to break them all apart.<BR>Kellie<BR>

#333903 03/26/99 09:33 PM
K
kel Offline OP
OP Offline
K
i actuallly wrote this for my best friend who had an affair with my H...she said 'I've learned something you do in an instant can cause you a heartache for life'...and thus the poem came into my head...<BR>thanks for the words,<BR>you seem to write poetry much more 'easily' than i do...your images just flow...its nice to read...<BR>kellie

#333904 03/27/99 09:31 AM
M
M
WOW! That makes me look at it in a whole different light. What insight you have.<P>I agree with you about Glenn's poems. I haven't written many about my situation because it hurts too much. <P>Marcia

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation