They Say The Angels Come<P><BR>They said “the angels come”<BR>But they were wrong,<BR>There were no visions that appeared,<BR>No heavenly hosts in song.<P>In the end, it was just she and I,<BR>I sat upon her bed,<BR>For many days and many nights,<BR>I held her hand, I stroked her head.<P>I thought, if angels come for anyone,<BR>Surely they should come for her.<BR>And I would sit and watch in awe,<BR>And revel in the splendor.<P>But the end came very quietly,<BR>One moment there, one moment gone,<BR>There were no visions that appeared,<BR>No heavenly hosts in song.<P>And when she left, I now believe,<BR>She took a piece of each of me,<BR>Some of my faith, my hope, my caring,<BR>My love, my strength, my daring.<BR>She only took small pieces,<BR>And they belonged to her anyway.<BR>For in my life she gave me more,<BR>Then what she took that day.<P>Am I just not special enough<BR>On that I might agree,<BR>But she was more special than most I know,<BR>That was plain to see.<P>All I feel is sad and numb,<BR>Why did they say the angels come?<P>So I just sat there and I watched her die,<BR>There was nothing I could do.<BR>No magic words of comfort,<BR>Peaceful moments were too few.<P>So when they say the angels come,<BR>I tell you that they lie,<BR>It will be just you and them<BR>And a long and hard goodbye.<P>Kellie<P>I wrote this after my grandmother died in my arms April 10th, 1997 at 1:30 am....