Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334179 10/11/00 08:08 AM
V
VAR Offline OP
OP Offline
V
I plodded on<BR>Through road blocks<BR>Through stop signs<BR>Refusing to be cowed by the hostility of unscrupulous professors<BR>Unwilling to be defeated by the uncertainty of the qualifying exam’s outcome<BR>Always believing that the light at the end of the tunnel would warrant the rocky ride<BR>Buoyed by my internal strength and the financial and mental support of my wife<BR>I wound up the circuitous path toward success.<BR>Always onward toward my ultimate goal, a good life for me and my family.<BR>Interviews with several companies<BR>Only one offer, not as much as we’d like, but it moves toward the goal.<BR>Relocate again, at least we’re together.<BR>Family growing, pray to God they don’t get taken away.<BR>Scrape by, the big break will come.<BR>Resumes out again, too long at this income.<BR>No offers.<P>A raise, a raise, a raise, a raise!<BR>The girls will stay with us! <BR>Onward to the adoption<BR>Clicking on all cylinders.<BR>Money troubles behind us.<BR>Foster care behind us.<BR>A family complete, on the road to the good life.<P>Where did it go wrong?<BR>A pothole the size of a semi truck.<BR>Derailed by the betrayal of trust from the one I trusted most<BR>Stymied by the reversal of my fortune.<BR>I try to drag myself off the road to safety<BR>I clutch my children to me, trying to protect them from the oncoming traffic<BR>I don’t have enough arms.<BR>I need my partner to help me.<BR>I need my wife to love me.<BR>I need my friend.<P>My life in shambles around me<BR>A house I don’t want<BR>A wife I don’t have<BR>A career which no longer matters<BR>A life which lies in ruin at my feet.

#334180 10/11/00 08:27 AM
T
T
The veneer,<BR>The coating so thick that I saw nothing;<BR>Felt nothing;<BR>It was enough just to breathe.<BR>Dull, no feeling.<BR>I was safe inside, but it itched like hell.<BR>You were locked out.<BR>Your pleas were muffled, whining tones<BR>with no meaning.<BR>I only on life support<BR>Then you swung, WHAM!<BR>A near-death blow to my chest<BR>and the veneer shattered.<BR>Slivers in my skin, jagged points in my heart,<BR>and I amost died<BR>in agony.<BR>There was such hurt and it was cold so cold<BR>without a shell anymore.<BR>But then something happened.<BR>Strange,<BR>It felt better.<BR>I could move, I could feel the air on my skin<BR>for the first time in years.<BR>I looked at you and barely recognized you and realized<BR>you had been out of reach,<BR>Far away, a void gaping between us for so long.<BR>The shell I wore keeping you from me.<BR>Confusion...<BR>What is all this?<BR>How can someone strike another whom they love so?<BR>But I think it wasn't you,<BR>Not really.<BR>Not the you that was lost and alone.<BR>It was God<BR>who heard you and said let him be free<BR>to love and hold you again.<BR>You will hurt him to free him.<BR>A solvent will not do, a gentle tug will not do,<BR>Free him!<BR>So you did,<BR>As you asked, and God willed.<BR>So here I am, exposed and naked to you.<BR>No shell, no shelter except your love and care,<BR>And so grateful in my hurt.<BR>Shaken, but Free.<BR>Free to love and hold you,<BR>Free to kiss you and need you and ask and give and carry you and you carry me<BR>and fly long graceful orbits locked together in gratitude and love.<BR>It's still sore there,<BR>but the heart beating for you doesn't care.<BR>It thanks God and you.<BR>I'm free, we're together again.<BR> <BR>Love J<P>------------------<BR>*************************<BR>Thronx - one of the statistics....<BR>*************************

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,105 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation