Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Please I need your prayers and advice...<BR>My husband told me he wanted to leave me back on Jan 11, 00, he has only been gone 8 days total in these past months. He is so confused, it is hurting our children, it is hurting me and both our sets of parentsand us. I love him dearly, I never expected our lives to take this turn. I have been praying and praying. Even while I walk down the street in NYC. People must think I am crazy. But I don't care. I need your prayers and your support to continue fighting for our marriage. He says he needs time, he is not "in love" with me, but does "love" me. which I guess is a good sign. We have lots of fun together just the two of us, and also with the children, he is a wonderful father and husband. I think he is going through a "mid-life crisis" at 34.<P>Lord, please guide my H, and watch over him as he tries to understand, grow and work on this struggle. Please give us the strength to accept your will. I know you put us together for a reason, please don't let our marriage fall apart. I love him and he loves me and the children. We pray that he returns for good soon. <P>In Jesus Name I pray. AMEN<P>[This message has been edited by Pookie14 (edited March 09, 2000).]<p>[This message has been edited by Pookie14 (edited March 10, 2000).]

S
S
Oh my sister, how you must feel depair and pain in your life. Don't worry about what others think of you, never stop praying and believing. God can do this for you. Believe in Him and cast your cares on Him.<P>I pray for marriages to survive and stand up to the tricks of the enemy. <P>I pray that God will convict your husband to do His will. God says to continue to do good and to love your husband. <P>Father, I pray that you fill this man with the power of the Holy Spirit to do what is right. I pray for truth and honesty and let this man know that relationships do not always have the firecracker exploding type of feelings, but the lasting love, the true joy and friendship in a marriage can be restored when this couple as well as others put You first and seek wisdom and guidance.<P>Keep your marriage lifted up to God. He did not give you fear or worry. God Bless!<BR>Stand sister in Your beliefs. Don't give up! I ask God to give you more strength to endure these times, I ask in Jesus name that

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Shedonna,<BR>I appreciate your prayers. I print them out and pray and pray some more. I am lucky to have parents and in-laws that love me and our children, that are NOT giving up either. We are lucky to have friends (only 2 special couples really know) and are supportive specially when the children and I feel down.<P>I love this forum and the WOmen's Bible Study forum too. <P>Lord, I pray for Shedonna keep giving her the wisdom to help others in need. Help her in her own struggles what ever they may be. Thank you Lord for making me strong, and please continue guiding me. Dear Lord, I pray for my H, that he find his way back to You oh Lord. Let him realize how much we love him. IJN I pray. Amen.<P>

B
B
Praying now.<P>------------------<BR>Just call me - Deb<BR>------------------------<BR>The only day I can do anything about is today, yesterday is gone, tomorrow is not yet mine.<P>

K
K
Praying for you...<BR>Kathi

M
MMA Offline
M
I share the same story with you. My husband left and is struggling with coming back. There's nothing more important than trying to keep a family together. I pray for you and for myself that God will keep us strong through these trials. We must continue to keep our faith strong and pray without ceasing. God will answer. But remember, the answer will come in HIS time, not ours. (That's hard to accept, I know) Stay strong and remember This Too Shall Pass.<BR>

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Thank you all for your prayers. Also, note I've looked at your profiles and other posts and feel for you as well. I am praying for all of us and our families on MB, that things get better. <P>Lord, please give us the strength to carry on, day after day. Knowing that You alone can fix what troubles us. And it IS in YOUR time, not ours. IJN, I pray. Amen

G
G
Pookie14,<P>May God comfort you and your children, and direct your H back to you. May any evil spirits that have a grip on your H be bound in Jesus' name, Amen.<P>Kevin

A
A
Dear Heavenly Father,<P>I pray for this woman and her family as well as for my family. Lord, please speak to our husbands hearts and minds. Please show them that they are loved and needed. Please help them to understand that marriage isn't about being "in love" all of the time and that it is about working. Please help us all to understand that love is an action not a feeling. Please help them to act out on the love that they vowed to give to their wives forever. Help us dear Jesus to keep our commitments and to honour one another. Oh God, we desperately need your divine intervention to be set apart from the world and to save our marriages. We love our husbands Lord. We love you and pray with all hope and faith in Jesus name,AMEN.<P>My story is exactly the same as yours, except my husband is 21. He is lost and is also going through something similar to mid life crisis. He is trying to figure out who he is.<P>------------------<BR>Amber Nichole

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Dear Guard, & Amber Nichole,<P>I pray the Lord hear your prayers and also pray for what makes you and your family suffer now. May the Lord continue working on our husbands and wives as we pray for them to get closer to Him. Lord give us all wisdom to to do Your will and praise You every day. Keep our children (and family) safe and lift their spirits while we try and restore our marriages. <P>IJN Amen.<P>Thank you both for your prayers. It is so comforting to read your prayers and your caring words. <BR>Pookie

M
M
Pookie, I'm praying for you, lifting you up tonight. <P>Love and God's blessings,<BR>MTAW

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I need some advice, and wonder if you can help. I'm a lot calmer since my first post, all thanks to God and the support of the people in this forum. <P>My H has been out of our home a total of 14 days (that may not seem long, and it isn't) but to me it feels like a lifetime. After beginning to read "The Power of A Praying Wife" and "God Can and Will Restore Your Marriage", I have changed the way I do certain things for the better. <P>1) I am trying NOT to call H constantly (because I need to hear his voice) - he has started calling me at home at night to say good night and that he misses me. He also calls me at work in the morning or when he gets a chance.<BR>2) I've stopped writing him letter after letter, it was driving him crazy (and probably further away from me). <BR>3) I'm not crying as much, really I'm not, I've instead been praying as much as I can by myself, with our children, and family and MB Bible Study Group.<P>But here is my question: While giving him his space and time away from us, do I also have to cut all contact with my H? He said that maybe we can go out for St. Patrick's Day, I would LOVE that, but don't want false hope. Am I stupid if I don't go even though I would rather go with him? He might stop over tonight to give me his paycheck and see the children, (maybe have dinner) do I say no to dinner w/ me and let him just see the children? My heart wants to say YES, I'll be there, my friend and things I read say, no stay away! don't make it easy for him to see you, LET HIM MISS YOU enough to come back home! I'm clueless, I don't want to go backwards, I love him, I miss him too.<P>He tells me that he misses me a lot. (especially since I haven't been pursuing him) Please let me know your thoughts.<P>Yours, Pookie.

S
S
Pookie,<P>if your H is the one instigating the contacts, then it is God working in his heart!<P>You must be ready willing and able to assist God in His efforts. Follow the leads that God presents to you. You must allow your H the time and space to find his way back to you. You cannot force him to love you the way you want him to, but God can and will enter into his heart.<P>Your inviting God into this situation, will produce miracles. Do not play games with this. Yes, you must NOT pursue your H, but you MUST meet your H when he reaches out for you.<P>Your heart is telling you to accept the offerings of love that your H is giving you, small as they may be right now. They will grow and blossom if you "water" his efforts now.<P>You will be in my prayers also.<P>God bless you!<P>~skye~

G
G
Can you please send me the following prayers: "The Power of A Praying Wife" and "God Can and Will Restore Your Marriage"? I am struggling to save my marriage too, but my husband is no longer willing to try. I feel like I've lost him forever...please help!

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Ginnie,<BR>"The Power of A Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian and "God Can and Will Restore Your Marriage"? are two really good books which were recommended to me by others at MB. They aren't expensive or try and find them at the Library. <P>READ, Pray, and ask God the following, "Change me Lord" without being able to change yourself first, and learning how to meet your H's emotional needs, you will continue to be angry. Pray a lot. Good Luck <P>

H
Happy14 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
UPDATE....I have written my update in Women's Bible Study & Emotional needs, too long to repeat here. But Just wanted to say THANK YOU TO EVERYONE for your Prayers, support, understanding and wisdom. Good luck and lots of FAITH, remember God is the One Leading our Path.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/000602.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum8/HTML/000602.html</A>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation