Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#336110 03/14/00 05:37 PM
S
Sheri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am taking Prozac for a depression I have been in since Christmas, when my ex finally came to see his two daughters after almost six years. I couldn't believe how hard it was to look into his eyes after all of that time had passed. I started to regret that we didn't reconcile. I started playing the tapes in my head again, over and over, regretting that our marriage failed. Both he and I are remarried, since neither of us made any real attempt to restore the love we'd lost in the 10 years we were married. He was violent at times and I fell into the abuse trap too. We created so much animosity between us that we were separated numerous times before I finally divorced. Our love was lost. However, even after we were both seriously involved with others, we told each other we still loved each other. Then we said goodbye. I can't quit obsessing over our past together. I know I need to restore the love in my current marriage - I've already had one affair. I feel like such a failure. I need God to restore peace to my life. Please pray with me. Thank you.<P>------------------<BR>Sigi*

#336111 03/14/00 06:49 PM
Y
Y
Lord Jesus,<P>I pray you'll calm Sheri's hurting heart and fill her with your peace. Guide her to strengthen her marriage and, with your help, to allow those she's loved before to fade quietly into shadow beside the brilliant love she and her husband build. Quiet the storm and allow her to hear the voice inside, speak to her heart, Dear Lord, and show her the way to a closer walk with You.<P>Amen.

#336112 03/15/00 12:59 AM
M
M
Dear Lord, I pray that you will be with Sheri tonight, and every night. Give her, Father, Your wisdom, and clarity of mind. Remove the obsessive thoughts of her ex-husband from her mind, and her heart. I pray that you will bless her with your peace that passes all understanding. Show her Your perfect will for her life, Lord. IJN AMEN

#336113 03/18/00 12:51 AM
S
Sheri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you, Younglove, I will echo this prayer tonight before sleeping. Blessings.<BR>

#336114 03/18/00 12:53 AM
S
Sheri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you also, MTAW, for your prayer. Today I didn't obsess as much....but there is so far to go. I want to let go and let God........I'll keep praying. Your prayers help me, so much! Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,033 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation