Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Ginnie Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hello everybody. I have been standing for my marriage for 5 months now. My H has been mean, hurtful and selfish. I have asked the Lord to give me the grace to forgive him and he has. I have not stopped praying for his salvation and for the Lord to touch his heart...to remove his heart of stone. I know he's confused and I have a feeling that he doesn't have the nerve, the heart or the money to file for a D. Perhaps he doesn't want to take on the guilt of knowing the HE ended this marriage. Just last week he said that he wanted to build on our friendship and assured me that we weren't together just for sex....then he stopped all contact. Didn't keep his promise and even though I was hurt by that, I prayed even harder because I know these are the kinds of schemes the enemy puts in our paths to discourage us from praying for our prodigal spouses. He finally called a little while ago. He sounded cold and distant, but I was upbeat and positive, even though his tone manages to pierce my heart. He brought up things like, "When I would stop by to pick up the rest of my things", "Do I want all or half of our Christmas decorations, pictures that we've taken together, etc.". I kept my cool and said, "Just tell me when you plan to be home and I'll stop by to get ALL of my things". I told him he could keep the x-mas things. (I wouldn't want to look at them and remember our last 2 Christmases together). He said he would call me tonight so I can stop by. Why does he do this?? Is he testing me perhaps? Maybe seeing if he could still get a rise out of me? I'm not the same woman I was 5 months ago. I have GOD in my life now and I know he's taken over my life. I pray for the restoration of my marriage and I KNOW the Lord has heard my prayer and will answer it in His time. Please pray for me tonight...I've gone back and forth, taking things out of OUR home several times and it hurts so much everytime. I pray that the Holy Spirit will be with me as I enter my home (I still call it MY home, even though my H has taken full posession of it and everything in it). Thanks for remembering me in your prayers. My name is Ginnie and my H's name is Miguel. God bless you all.

T
T
My prayers are with you. You have taken the first step by letting the Lord into your life. It is Satin who is doing this to your husband. Remember God does not like Divorce and he will endure and protect you.<P>Michelle

A
A
Ginnie,<BR>You and your husband will be in my prayers. Tigger is right, the enemy will pull out all the stops in order to get you to stop praying for your spouse. Have you read any of the stuff on plan A? Plan A + Prayers works wonders. Remember that no matter what, Jesus is right there next to you, holding you up. <P>God bless,<P>Aw

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 700 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation