Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JWT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hi this is my first post so be patient. I am at a critical point in my marriage. We have went to counseling but my w has not done anything the counselor has advised. She is admitting that the lack of feelings she feels is due to her not feeling like the person she wants to be. when ? about this she advised she wants to be more independent. She has recently showed signs of cheating that even her best friends have seen. I am still in denial of that, but she will go off with her girl friend and then stay the night. i have caught her in lies about where she went on one occasion and she was not with the person she said she was with.We have a 20 month old who means the world to me. I don't want to give up too soon but it just seems that she doesn't care. This pain of not feeling loved is almost unbearable. Please pray for us! Jerry

N
N
Hi Jerry,<p>I'm sorry you didn't get any responses. I know how discouraging that can be. <p>Know that I have just prayed for you and your family.<p>Okay, do you believe, in your heart of hearts, that your wife is cheating? I mean, really search your heart! Because Jerry, I believe that you know, somewhere deep inside, the truth.<p>I'm sorry to say, it DOES sound like it... doesn't it?<p>Have you begun a solid Plan A effort?<p>How about this... go read the link in my sig line, and come back and let's talk!!<p>PRAYING FOR YOU!!

S
S
jerry ,
You are in the right place for help. It sounds like your wife is having an affair, but it doesnt matter at this point, she is distant for some reason right?
Read all the basics here and do your best.
Lots of people read but dont respond, Im sure you have lots of people all around the united states praying for your family already. If response is what you need you will find more replies in general questions.
Wishing you the best.
SP

S
S
Jerry,
Im sorry that you are going through a painful time in your marriage. I hope that you can find some peace and strength within yourself to cope with your difficulties.
Your wife hasn't left you?? Hold onto the hope that she still loves you and pray that she is guided back to you emotionally by the Lord.
I pray for your little 20 month old who is so young, yet would still sense pain and hurt in you.
Open your heart to Jesus and pray for his help, it is through your honesty and prayer that you will find the strength you need.

A
A
Jerry,<p> You do not need that kind of counseling! Get counseling from the greatest Counselor of all, and save the money.Please look at this website http//www.restorem.org/ God bless you , alone1

J
JWT Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Alone 1, Well today was suppose to be the day of seperation but GOD had other plans. Sunday in church I broke down and just cried during prayer request time. The church prayed for us and baby steps were made on wife's part. After this we went to another church for a funeral. Yeah I said a funeral. The preacher was awesome and during the service my wife actuall touched my leg with her's. At first I thought it was an accident, then she did it again. I felt a warm feeling inside from her that I haven't in a year. After this we went to eat and really didn't talk about our relationship but we did talk about everything else. Once again that is something that we have not done in awhile. We then went back to church Sunday night and that is when GOD broke through and all walls came down. My wife was singing a solo at church and she broke down and told the devil to get out of our home and leave us alone. She said a whole lot more but that was the jest of it. I know there were several people praying for us and I know without any doubt He is who saved our marriage. Thanks for every prayer from everyone!!!! Keep us in your prayers and I can't even explain the feelings of joy I have in my heart. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

W
W
Hi Jerry - just read your happy response!!! Still, you and your wife need to do your part to keep things happy and alive...read everything you can on this website...as well as the sections on infidelity..it will help enormously.

A
A
Jerry,<p> Thank you Jesus for softening Jerry's wifes heart. Thank you for giving Jerry the gift of his wifes conversation and her physical touch. PLease place a hedge of protection around her.We ask this in Jesus name . Amen<p>
Alone1

F
F
Jerry,<p>Praise God that He restored your marriage suddenly. Our God is an awesome God. Keep trusting in Him and He will see you through.<p>Faithwalk

T
T
Praise God, Jerry! Thank you so much for sharing that with us!!<p>I have learned to stop putting pressure and expectations on my H. Could this help? Just try to be sweet and supportive. Don't criticize her. The ideas here are absolutely correct.<p>Thank You, Jesus.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation