Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340849 02/20/02 09:18 PM
N
OP Offline
N
I'm new at this! Was happily married 10yrs- three children (6, 4,&2). Found out husband had a short affair 12/01. He has bi-polar depression- stopped taking medicine prior to affair - Has started taking it again. He moved out because he just can't face the situation.(Says affair is over) We couldn't tell the kids, they think Daddy is working out of town and comes home to visit when he can. He thought they wouldn't be affected by this, but our 4 yr old is not dealing well. This makes it even more difficult to see him in pain over Daddy not being home. I pray every day that God will help him find his way home and for him to realize that we have so much at stake and that our relationship is worth fighting for! It is so hard to hide my feelings and to be strong for my kids!

#340850 02/20/02 10:19 PM
L
L
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by needamiracle:
<strong> He moved out because he just can't face the situation.(Says affair is over) I pray every day that God will help him find his way home and for him to realize that we have so much at stake and that our relationship is worth fighting for! It is so hard to hide my feelings and to be strong for my kids!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Hi, Needamiracle (I like your screen name, BTW!)<p>I'd like to welcome you to this site. It's been a Life-saver for me......<p>None of us wants to find ourselves in this mess....however, it is good to know there are brothers and sisters in the Lord here to help intercede for us. You have come to a good place....first thing is; start reading! Read all the info on the main page....all the concepts. If you can, buy SAA, and His Needs/Her Needs. It is good your H has now gone back on his meds. I believe he will ultimately be able to "think" clearly after a while. In the meantime, consider counseling with the Harley's. They may suggest you counsel with someone more local to you, in the situation you describe, simply because of your H's disorder.<p>Keep asking and seeking help, we are all here to help and learn from each other.<p>Dear Heavenly Father, I pray for "Needamiracle." Father, you know her H, her children, and she herself....you know what they need most of all. You, alone, Father, can mend our broken hearts. Lord, we ask for a miracle. That is Your business, Your Plan. Please "be there" and comfort her and her children.
Please be with her H during this trial. Father, remove his guilt and return him home to his family and restore their home.
Thank you, Jesus, that you love us unconditionally. We Praise you, Lord, for your faithfulness to us.
In our blessed Lord's name, the name of Jesus.
Amen.

#340851 02/21/02 03:17 AM
S
S
Hi Needamiracle,
Im also new at this and am dealing with a separation that is not of my choice. I feel for you and your children and know the pain you are going through.<p>My children are 3 and 9 and ask some difficult questions, cry for their father and are not coping very well either. I do hope that your prayers are answered for your children and your marriage. <p>Thankyou Lupolady for your beautiful prayers, it seems that so many people are in similar situations here.<p>Dear Lord, please help needamiracle in her time of crisis. Please give her comfort in your love and times of peace and strength for her to support her children.
Amen

#340852 03/02/02 11:14 AM
T
T
Hi -<p>Children know by instinct what is right and suffer very much over the separation no matter how many psychologists try to say that they are not different from others. I do believe we can limit their suffering by always speaking positively of the spouse and by turning to the Lord and teaching the children to love Him. But unfortunately, we can't eliminate their pain and that is the most painful part of a separation, I think.<p>I pray for your marriage and for your children that the Lord may protect you all and draw you closer to Him so that you feel His divine Love so strongly that you get through.<p>I am finally making some headway in my case but it's been over a year so you have to be patient and let the Lord change you day by day. Concentrate on the changes you can make to yourself and slowly things will come around. (Very slowly to us, but nothing next to eternity.)<p>I can tell by your words that you are being strong to your children and that is magnificent.<p>May God bless you and keep you all warm in His mighty and all-powerful arms.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,169 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation