Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#340887 03/02/02 05:37 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi, TtH,<p><strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I just LOVE your sense of humor!!<hr></blockquote></strong>
THANKS for the compliment!<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong> I think that prayer must have really pleased God - the BIZARRE part of it seemed too much at first but the more I thought about it, the more I realized - YES - that's the right prayer. I always say the Lord has a great sense of humor. </strong><hr></blockquote><p>BELIEVE me!! It wasn't MY idea to pray that!!! I just prayed as I felt led!!! Teehee.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] The Lord did the rest.<p>I must admit, though, it was pretty funny, thinking about it. When Dear Sister told me about the incident, I immediately remembered the prayer!! It's funny, sometimes I "forget" what I have prayed. I also wonder if that's not God's way of having us "let go of it" and leave it to Him. It always seems that the prayers I get answers to soonest are the ones I'm not "peeking" at - to see if they are "answered" yet! Know what I mean? Kinda like "a watched pot never boils........" <p>I'm POSITIVE God has a great sense of humor!! Otherwise, TRUST ME, *I* wouldn't be all that funny, either!!! Hahahaha.<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>I hope the back is just temporary but the OW will learn the difference between marriage and an affair and so will your husband. I hope this lasts long enough for them to bicker day and night. </strong><hr></blockquote>
Oh, are we talking about MY H now? Well, it's not really his back(although that's bad. too)....it's his KNEES!! He really needs reconstructive surgery, you know, new knees, but he's too CHICKEN to go that route, so they are only supposed to do arthroscopic (sp), and repair some ligament damage. He says he can't walk on one leg, and now the other one is hurting cause he's favoring it.<p><strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I haven't posted in ages and ages but are you talking to your H now?<hr></blockquote></strong>
Oh, I was always talking to him - as long as *I* call HIM!. Occasionally I take a break from it, so he can "experience" his life with me totally OUT of it. I guess he likes it!! Go figure, I'm such a stitch.<p> Well, this past month or so, hmmmm, no, more like about 2-3 weeks, I've "felt" that I was supposed to have "the talk" with him - you know - lay it all out. I prayed about it, got a "sorta sign" from God on this. Nope. Not good enough. I have learned enough now to know NOT to race ahead of the Holy Spirit, so I held off.....waited and prayed for the right time. Actually, after a week or so went by, I sorta "forgot" (like I mentioned above?) about it altogether. THEN, last Sunday in church, the visiting pastor said, "IT'S TIME TO GET BOLD!!! IT'S TIME TO GET IN YOUR PHONE BOOTH." PHONE BOOTH!!! ('Course this was in reference to an illustration he was using about Superman, but it woke me up, nonetheless) Goodness!! I figured God was saying, "It's time to make the call." So I came home, and picked up the phone and CALLED HIM!!!<p>Waaal, it didn't seem to go all that good. It kinda turned into a LB, at least by some MB'ers definition. I STILL believe God is going to use that "talk" cause I KNOW God told me to do it. See, WH got all mad cause I was telling HIM (when he was telling me about the knees and surgery, and car breaking down & can't afford another one, and he can't file his taxes cause he's not getting W-2's from co's gone bankrupt, etc) that he was outside God's WIll for his life.... BTW - it seems (by my calculation) that the entire time I've been praying about calling him w/this "talk" is the whole time he's been out of work and laid up! Talk about being "one-flesh." I KNEW something was "up" with him!<p>Basically, he said that all this was HIS choice, and HIS problem if he was outside of God's will.....I said, "Well, no, it's BOTH of our problem, cause WE'RE married.!" I just told him God was not pleased with the choices he's making, and I was afraid for him, and God was trying to tell him we are NOT supposed to get a divorce.<p>As I said, I was busted pretty good by some purist MB'ers who felt I LB pretty bad. PersonallY? I'd rather LB this way than ranting, raving, screaming, being a shrew, calling him and ow names, etc. NOT that there's any kind of LB to do....but if one had a choice, I'd rather call down God's wrath on him, than my own......<p>He essentially said at that point, "HE DIDN"T WANT TO BE M." All I could say is, "OK." He got MADDER!!! Had to go.........<p>Whatever.<p>So he's "stiffened his neck" now, and it's a bad place to be....so I know God is dealing with him now!! NOT a good place to find oneself, especially when one has DECIDED to do one's own thing, NO MATTER WHAT.<p>Please keep him in your prayers. God's judgment, God's day of reckoning is NOT a good place to be. <p>We are set to go before a Mediator for the first time April 2, and I can already see myself getting anxious.....trying really HARd not to! I have had peace for a really long time, now, and I LIKE IT! I don't want to lose that, and start looking around the boat and start sinking.......<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr><strong>Things are WAY better with mine. We talk, went skiing for a weekend with my daughter... I feel so much CALMER.</strong><hr></blockquote>
This is GREAT!!!! Easy does it.....this is what I am failing to do very well.....totally trusting God.<p><strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I have no idea about how the OW is doing but she must not be too happy because he is with us twice a week. I don't put any pressure on him.<hr></blockquote></strong>
A "pure" Plan A. Good for you!!! I was doing well, REALLY well, and I truly believe God told me it was TIME to let H have some stuff to chew on.........it's all up to Him.<p> <strong> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> I also found a new job with CHRISTIANS all over the company. What a difference that makes!<hr></blockquote></strong>
Yes it does!!! Although we don't have a "christian" organization (public school), we DO have a christian principal, and she's VERY good at hiring mostly all christians!! It makes this a very good place to work. Plenty to folks to pray with!!!<p>Anyways, got to go. Thanks for the kind words! Hang in there, trust the Lord, and PRAISE HIM ALWAYS!!! \o/ \o/<p>\o/ "His Mercy endures forever" \o/<p>[ March 02, 2002: Message edited by: lupolady ]</p>

#340888 03/03/02 03:16 PM
T
T
Hi -
I have nothing to say about what you did or do because I think you are definitely walking with the Lord. I will try to pray a lot for your mediation session though. Just be quiet on that day. Be really quiet and agreeable. He will have to wonder what he thinks he is running away from if you are sweet and gentle and loving.<p>In front of our lawyers I told my H he could come home whenever he wanted to. We both cried. He isn't home but he does come twice a week to stay with my daughter and I just allow him to see her whenever he wants to. I didn't argue over anything at all during the separation process but it was clear that I didn't want it.<p>We are to go before a judge in June for separation. Divorce will come in 3 years unless we reconcile but I don't believe we are going to get there. I think in my heart that we have one more year apart.<p>Anyway, I know that you are reaching your H and if he is or was a Christian, what you said will definitely shake him. He is really running from the Lord, I think. But look what happened when Jonah tried that.<p>I still think we are all in this for a reason.<p>I'll keep you in my prayers, Lupo!!
Love, T

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation