Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
One of the many things I pray about is that the Lord lead and guide me down the path he wants me to go. I also pray that the Lord speak to my heart and soul as well as my ex-husbands. I haven't seen him in a long time nor talked. He has entered into a new relationship and essentially has moved on. Me, well, I still love him and if it God's will that we get back together or stay apart, then I will have to follow that. To get to my point, the other day when I got home from work, there was a message on my machine from my ex-husband.
I think about him alot and wonder if he ever gives me much thought. My story is like so many here in that, he was quite cruel when he had the affair and subsequent events after. I sometimes wonder if he really has truly recognized how cruel he was to me.
Well, the message was this: Hi Petrie, it's Greg, I just want to tell you how very sorry I am for the cruelty I inflicted on you (he re-interated that several times), and that I wish I could take back everything I did, I am so sorry.

I believe that this was an answer to prayer. He left the message a couple of days ago, should I respond to him? He does know how I feel and that I still miss him and our marriage.

S
S
Rejected (aren't you supposed to be "Blessed"?),

I konw what I would do if I truely thought prayer had been answered. But that isn't what matters really. What matters is what God is telling you to do. I don't believe God would answer an prayer and not give you some kind of direction that you should go with it.

What do you think he wants you to do? Remember, obedience is what He is looking for, the outcome is up to Him. Another thing to remember is that God wants your H to have a closer relationship with Him too. So what ever your H's response is to your response, "trust God". Your H may or may not be growing at the same rate you are.

Peace to you, and be "Blessed".

S&C

S
S
S&C,
I truly agree with you. God didn't answer prayer just for it to die here. Rejected, I think you need to get down on YOUR KNEES and seek the Lord's direction on this. It took some real guts for your ex to admit his wrongs and there is a door open here that you had better not let shut. If you TRULY love him and want to restore your marriage, you may have to do something you've never done before. But God will not let you fail if HE gives the instruction. God is drawing you closer to him as well. This isn't just about Greg, it's about you too!!
Heavenly Father, You are the giver of hope and a future. Lord, draw rejected into an intimate time of prayer with You that she may come to know You for who You really are and that if she will seek You FIRST and turn all things over to You, that YOU will give her the desires of her heart. Father, I ask that You give her all wisdom and ONLY godly counsel in this matter and that YOU will keep this door of restoration open. We thank You and praise You for the GOOD WORK YOU are about to do. Remove ALL fear from rejected's heart and fill her with Your undefeatable love. That she WILL become truly BLESSED. In Jesus name. Amen

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you so much for the prayer SG, and before I even read your reply I did get down on my knees and pray, and will continue to do so. Thanks again.

A
A
Praying for you Rejected....

It sure sounds like answered prayer to me. God can turn hearts in an instant... maybe that's whats happening with your husband. I believe it is always God's will for marriage to be restored. The Lord will tell you what to do. Trust your heart and listen for that small, still voice inside.

May God abundantly bless you,

AW

L
L

<small>[ June 12, 2004, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: LoveMyEx ]</small>

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,115 guests, and 77 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation