Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#343539 10/07/03 06:12 PM
R
OP Offline
R
I pray for all of here in my daily devotionals and also from a list I pull from the "Restore Ministries" website-I have included myself in these prayer lists as well as at my church and I know that certain loved ones in my life pray for me as well.
My ex-husband called me last night. He told me that he wishes that he never started the affair which ended our marriage and subsequently "messed" up so much of our lives, and he wished that we were still living in our house. I had to agree. However, it is done and can never be undone, and we both can't live a lives filled with regret. I have stated before that he is in a new relationship currently, and I am completely single (my heart still belonging to my XH) Something that I am struggling with is the fact that when he came back to me (after the divorce), I may have taken him for granted and didn't "nuture" our new relationship like I should have.
Not only did he tell me how dreadfully sorry he was (all the time), but he also told me that he would always be there and that he was going "no where", meaning, he wasn't going to start up any new relationships.
Not only did I not start up a relationship with anyone other than XH, I welcomed him back into my life. Yes, it was difficult and painful for me sometimes, but I never lashed out at him. If anything, I just was cautious and couldn't re-marry him right away (like he asked).
I continue to pray for restoration of our marriage and ask that those here would do the same for me.
It hurts so much to think that I may have jeopardized our possible future by not "nuturing" our relationship. He said that we were barely spending anytime together and said that I didn't nuture, etc. We both work alot, but live right around the corner from each other and spent every weekend together. Could I have messed up something I so desparately wanted and prayed for? I have always asked for the Lord to guide me, what did I do? Please pray for me.

#343540 10/08/03 07:12 AM
T
T
REJECTED,
I will pray for you and your XH's today. That God's Will be done and He moves within your XH heart.

I have seen your postings before on this and other catergories, but your name is not the Prayer Warriors list for Wednesdays. Would you like me to add your name to our list?

May Our Most Merciful God, grant us His Peace and Patience to accept where we are right now in our lives and with our marriages. May He keep us free from the doubt the deceiver constantly bombards us with throughout our day. May He also soften the hearts of our spouses and x-spouses. May He remove the WS from the fog they are in, and open the hearts of the BS to grant their repenatant (sp) WS forgiveness.

God Bless,
TTSMM

#343541 10/08/03 11:08 AM
R
OP Offline
R
TTSMM! Please add me to the Prayer warrior list, and thank you so much for your prayer!
God Bless

#343542 10/09/03 10:52 PM
G
G
Petrie,

God can fix our mess-ups. Stop concerning yourself with what you may have done wrong and concentrate
on what you are doing right now. I do this too sometimes. We can't go back and Satan loves to keep bring our past mistakes up. Don't let him.

My husband is close to coming home and Satan keeps bringing up the past to keep me upset again.
There are moments that I even ask myself why do I want him home. It doesn't take me long to get over that though. I hope I am very accepting of him when he comes home. I have wanted him to come home so much for so long and now I ask will it be any different with us. He stays here a lot and there are times that his old habits get to me. The good far out weighs the bad and I do love him very much. I do pray I will react as God wants me to when he does come home for good. I am grateful that God has lessen the pain for me and taken away the urgency I was living under. I still miss him very much when he is not here but, I am not as sad or hurt as I was. Of course we are a lot closer now and he share more of his life with me. He doesn't leave me out of things.

Away, I know how you feel and I understand why you reacted like you did when he came back. Just keep reading your restore book and see where God leads you though His word that God gave Erin.

Stand firm with the Lord.

gentle

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation