Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
tears Offline OP
OP Offline
T
start playing board games!<BR>Has anyone got some good suggestions of fun board games? <BR>and does anyone know how much money each player gets to start with in monopoly?<BR>we've lost our rules ;-(

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about Life? I like that game a lot and I play it sometimes with my H. I'm not sure about Monopoly, but I "think" you're suppose to get $1500 for every player. I'm not sure about this so please ask because I can't really remember. Hope that helps! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>------------------<BR>ahhh....vg music has that calm effect....

H
H
Good idea,<P>I cancelled cable years ago, lost a good deal of garbage and saved money.<P>Parchesi, Clue, Life are good board games (Sorry I don't remember the amount of money for Monopoly but I don't think it is that much, more like 500 but it probably doesn't matter to much)<P>Boggle is a word game<P>Yatzee is numbers, sort of poker type<P>Card games, Uno, Euchre, Cribbage.<P>Also good- jig saw puzzles, or get a few more people for charades.<P>Good luck!

W
W
I found a card game called PHASE 10. It is like rummy...<P>Bill<P>------------------<BR>BB<BR>

T
T
We like trivial pursuit--we play with the adult cards and our daughter plays with the kid version. Chess is good, but I already get beaten by my 8 year old (2nd place in the all city tournament, not bad) If you have a big group, kids love to play "spoons".

S
S
One of my all-time favorites has always been RISK, the rules are simple and the games fast paced and fun, if you like to try Global Domination for once [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>If that's not enough, you can try COSMIC ENCOUNTERS, which is a very fun game, where each player plays an alien race with special abilities trying to take over other races planets and ultimately the galaxy -- no less!<BR>The above games can be played by kids from about 8 years and up, so I guess I have to wait approx. 5 years to play them with my own kids [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

G
G
Hi! For Monopoly, each player gets <BR>2-$500's, 2-$100's, 2-$50's, 6-$20's, <BR>5-$10's, 5-$5's, and 5-$1's. <P>Have fun! <BR>

B
B
Favorite family games (not all board games!):<P>Pass the Pigs -- good takealong game, fits in a calculator-sized case, any age can play!<P>Sets -- unusual creative reasoning card game - very addictive.<P>Bee, Bee, Bumblebee -- classic guessing game that even the smallest kids can play, but adaptable to be fun for teens and adults. Nice thing is it can be played anywhere, anytime, for as long or as short as you want.<P>Same thing for 20 questions!<P>Blind man's bluff -- we used to play this when the kids were smaller (3-10)in one end of the family room. Lots of giggles!<P>Badmitton! We keep the net up all summer and play every evening. <P>Racko<P>Kismet<P>One that might be out of production: Guinness Game of World Records.<P>Facts in Five -- 5 minutes, 5 categories, 5 starting letters -- go! <P>Have fun!<P>

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation