Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
OP Offline
Y
If anyone can offer insight? What are the most common signs?

C
C
1. Change.<BR>2. Small children notice and resent the lack of attention as the betrayer mentally obsesses aboout the lover often.<BR>3. Deception becomes the daily routine.<BR>4. Frantic mental searches to excuse the selfish behavior in the betrayer's mind.<BR>

N
N
In my H's case, anyway, they included:<P>Staying out for hours without calling and without explanation, when that never happened before. Also was much harder to reach by phone at work, due to long lunch hours.<P>Inexplicable anger.<P>Accusing me of yelling at him almost whenever I said anything, no matter how innocent.<P>Suddenly had to work Saturdays a lot, but was never at his desk when I called him.<P>Sudden resentment directed at the dogs. Stopped petting them or letting them on his lap. (Ok, so this is probably not "typical" of betrayers, but it was certainly a behavior that stood out as really odd). He is much friendlier to the dogs now.<P>Withdrawal from the family. Came home and watched tv or played on the computer.<P>Started staying up really late.<BR>

L
L
i don't know...my H comes up with very believable excuses, for everything in his life. he claims to have a TERRIBLE memory. he LOVES to be 'the knight in shining armor'-to everyone, even animals. he makes people feel sorry for him often, usually regarding his 'poor health'. he claims to have low self-esteem.<P>there are probably a million other things...<P>------------------<BR>for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, till death do us part.<P><BR>

B
B Offline
B
heres my list<BR>weight loss to improve his appearance<BR>suddenly starting dressing better, aftershave etc<BR>always had to work late/early you name it he wasnt home anymore<BR>carried his mobile phone with him everywhere<BR>started calling all women clients by endearing names (because he had more confidence and it was what he was calling her)<BR>always angry, always picking a fight, always picking on everything I said and did<BR>would no sooner come home but pick a fight so he could disappear again<BR>drinking a lot, and really feeling sorry for himself<BR>he also couldnt sleep well at night<BR>very little interest in the house, kids, dogs,family, any shared activities<BR>deadening SILENCE in the house, never conversed, no interest in my day or activites<BR>little interest in pursuing sex with me<BR>biggest giveaway of all......check your phonebills!!!!<BR>hope that helps<P>

P
P
In my case...<BR>H was angry about everything and everyone in his life. Short tempered and sarcastic. Could not explain his discontent.<P>Avoided family events and did not participate in daily home activities that he used to.<P>Yes, check the phone bills and the mail.<P>Maybe there is a credit card in his wallet you did now know he had.<P>Is there an additional post office box?<P>Did not go to bed at same time as I did.<P>I away from home more often.<P>

L
L
About the same, I guess...<P>Complete personality change.<BR>Angry, picked fights.<BR>Hated the animals.<BR>Late a lot.<BR>Sexual withdrawal.<BR>Little or no conversation.<BR>Started yelling at daughter (NEVER had)<BR>Need to "simplify" our lives.<BR>Exercising excessively (got to look good for the young girl, you know)<BR>changed hair, grew a beard, changed cologne, shaved the beard, grew a new beard.....<BR>I couldn't do anything right.<BR>Bought new clothes.<BR>Stopped cutting grass, working in the yard.<BR>Tired all the time -couldn't sleep<BR>Walking out of the room to talk w/ a "client"<BR>(didn't want to disturb you guys, couldn't hear, etc.)<BR>A lot of "lunch money" spent on taking potential clients and old friends out to lunch. <P>All seems about the same, doesn't it?<P>-Lori<BR>

Y
OP Offline
Y
Thanks, for that insight.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Blackhawk), 1,215 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation