Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35249 11/28/99 09:44 PM
Y
OP Offline
Y
Been seeing a lot of posts lately where people have been talking of losing their faith in God...<BR>Just keep in mind that He's not up there pulling strings to cause us our individual grief down here... <BR>If you have a belief, now is the time to pull it out, lean on it, look to it for guidance... not abandon it... faith is way better than drugs, and not nearly as expensive... the side effects have been known to be beneficial...<BR>Just don't forget, your God didn't put you in this situation, but your faith in him can help get you out...<BR>that's all,<BR>ttfn, Deut

#35250 11/28/99 09:56 PM
N
NSR Offline
N
Thank you Duet...<P>Believe... and live... (even without your spouse)...<P>Without your faith... you <B><I>might</I></B> survive this... but it makes it <B>so</B> much harder...<P>Jim<BR>---------------------------------<BR>Where two or more are gathered...

#35251 11/28/99 10:12 PM
P
P
If you would like to see some good perspectives about God and faith click an the topic titled "what happened"<P>------------------<BR>Love and Prayers<BR>Nicole<BR>

#35252 11/28/99 10:16 PM
A
A
I know one thing, without my faith in God I don't think I could have made it through this. I wonder how the betrayers (who have to feel so far from God) are surviving!<P>AD

#35253 11/28/99 10:16 PM
M
M
To all the lonely people,<P>As long as you're on the topic of God, I've heard that He is jealous. He will not allow us to place our spouses before Him. Something I've realized, even before my wife entered her affair and left the house is that I needed to know that God came first in my life. I feel that my wife was set up as an idol in my life and that just will not work. She is to be my partner, a helper in my Spiritual growth. As a result of her being in the place only God deserves, He took her away for the purpose of both of us to heal and get our priorities straight. If and when that happens, His love can be restored between us.<BR>He will have to remain our God if we are to sustain the marriage. It's all really too simple, but so hard to get to. He is able. So much hurt comes from making our own course instead of following His. It's a lifetime stuggle for all of us.<BR>Just my 2 cents worth<BR>Love and Prayers to all.<P>------------------<BR>John

#35254 11/29/99 10:50 AM
S
S
I don't know, sweetie, <P>maybe with a little more faith and goddess/god prescence in our lives, we wouldn't be in the situation that we are.....without faith in a higher power, how were we to have faith in ourselves?<P>I have felt like a puppet quite often, with a sense of feeling that someone, not me, was pulling the strings...<P>Dylan

#35255 11/29/99 11:11 AM
N
NSR Offline
N
I just had to agree with MusicMan...<P>Our time on earth is so short...<BR>If we lose site of the real long term goal...<BR>We'll miss the whole boat!<P>John... profound and wise words.<P>Jim

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,152 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation