Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#352824 06/30/00 05:48 PM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Though I am dreading this, we begin our vacation tonight, camping in this humid, pollen filled meca of sweat, etc. I need prayers for my attitude, please. I have always loved camping, the trees, etc, but to envision myself with these three whiners, I am afraid I am having difficulty looking forward to it. I would so have loved to stayed home by myself and cleaned my house, but that is considered selfish and not desiring to be a "family". Pray that I can keep my mouth civil and to let nothing nasty roll off my tongue. The heat makes me grumpy, have a sinus infection beginning and I am prone to asthma in these type of climates. I don't "sit" well and a week of this sounds so boring to me with no deadlines to meet or things to do. I know, I need to learn to rest in the Lord and I guess this is a practice time. Be back next Wed or Thursday.<P>Hugs to you all!!!!

#352825 06/30/00 10:52 PM
B
B
SueB,<BR>I'm praying for you, In Jesus name amen.

#352826 06/30/00 11:00 PM
A
A
SueB, I will miss you while you're away camping. I'm not much of a camper either. Bugs, snakes, and such and I don't get along. Besides, how am I supposed to heat up my electric rollers in the woods???? <P>I will be praying SueB. Maybe it will be fun! God bless you,<P>AW

#352827 07/01/00 02:15 AM
K
K
Three whiners??!! I am so sorry, SueB! Good luck! <P>I'm off too, sometime this weekend. Going to somewhere in the Rocky Mountains for some rock climbing for a week. Vacations can bring out the best or worst in my H. Expectations are mood killers. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I'll pray for all of us!

#352828 07/06/00 09:37 AM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Home again, home again, jiggety jig!<P>The trip was good for the children, that fresh air even with a couple of rainy days cleared out the grumps. Mr Control more than once attempted to dampen their time, but the first day, we just let him sit in his frump and played without him. Then I informed him that he needed to give them as much time as he spent reading his book and ignoring all of us. He wasn't happy about it, but the point got across to him. <P>I am in hog heaven cooking on an open fire so I made a pie and cooked wonderful meals and when the kids oohed and aahed about it, I just informed them it was because I wasn't working and had time to do it, but at home, I don't have time since I am working so many jobs. I suppose that is a lovebuster, but in some respects I suspect reality is a lovebuster in this house.<P>Anyways, we are home now and hubby is back to the poor me garbage because I am adamant that we are not rebuying the puter that was stolen from his office until the insurance money comes in (that he hasn't filled out the paperwork on yet)<P>I spent some time researching the Word on marriage God's style and the roles we each are to play in that. The purpose of Matthew 18 is to show a brother where he is in sin and so I must be specific in identifying what exactly is sin. Of course it really accents those parts that are mine that I must put emphasis on as well, so that is a good thing to take note of. <P>Well, just wanted to check in and let you know I was home. Had most of the bible study questions completed when my puter locked up and I lost it all. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Will redo it in a while.<P>

#352829 07/06/00 08:06 PM
H
hw Offline
H
Sue,<BR>Good to hear from you and know that you had a reasonable time. It has been real quiet around here. I've been writing finals so I shouldn't talk. I even missed cyber tea, that is a first. Will make up for it next week. I've done my questions too, but might not have time to post until I finish my last final! Good to have you back.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation