Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353184 07/25/00 05:43 AM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, you all know where I am at, trying to internalize what a woman of God looks like in regards to personal boundaries which enhances the role she plays in a family. How to honor my husband with my mouth, and actions as his helper for subduing the earth. Pray for my husband's mind as he receives the input I give him and that the Spirit intervene not only in the tone of voice I use when sharing truths, but that the Spirit would help him to hear it as a refreshing drink of water on a parched day rather than a cup of sand.<P>Pray also for the womaen of this forum, that we continue to strive to seek His best for our marriages, even to seeking to make those hard changes in ourselves when we would much rather that God just fix our husbands.

#353185 07/25/00 11:53 AM
A
A
My prayer request is similar to SueB's. I need prayer for the Lord to continue his work in me, changing my heart to a heart full of love, tenderness and kindness. I pray that the Lord show me how He wants me to be in submission to my husband, and how He wants me to react to him. I pray that the Lord's hand is upon David, night and day, giving him no rest until he turns his life completely over to the Lord. I pray the Lord will give David a deep longing to come home, filling his heart with love for me the wife of his youth. Also, please pray that the Lord work out all the details so that I can fly out to see David this weekend.

#353186 07/25/00 01:39 PM
M
M
My requests are as follows:<P>*That I can stay strong in the Lord and find more time to be with Him<P>*That I will truly know the Lord's forgiveness in the part I played in the demise of our marriage<P>*That God will continue to show me areas that I need to change and that He will give me the strength<P>*That my H's heart will be open to the Lord's urging<P>*That God will bring people into the lives of my H and the OW who will be able to share the Lord with them<P>Thank you all and my prayers will be with you.<P>Aloha,<BR>Mrs.O<BR>

#353187 07/25/00 01:50 PM
S
S
Pray that God will set me free from negative thoughts, resentment and disappointments. That God would change me, so I can set those things aside and be more free to love my husband. That I would have a vision of God's picture of our marriage and not be discouraged. That my eyes would be open to the things I need to change in myself and He would give me a heart of kindness and love.

#353188 07/25/00 05:10 PM
H
hw Offline
H
God is working in me about boundaries but more so that I continue to seek Him with all my heart. I also pray that the strongholds in jack's life be defeated and he come back to knowing Christ. I also pray that not only the fire of desire be lit in jack's heart but his love for me would be lit in his heart for the wife of his youth.<BR>Thanks. I hope otherw will post their prayers after mine on the prayer thread tonight. I really enjoyed reading everyone's last week.

#353189 07/25/00 06:14 PM
T
Taj Offline
T
I know I don't post very often anymore, but I do think of and pray for this forum. Please include Mike in your Tuesday night prayer vigil. He will be having surgery on Monday the 31st of July. May God use even this to bring him into His fullness. <P>We are doing well but I know Mike could go deeper into God's will for Him. <P>We have not continued in our counseling due to the conflict which I posted to in June. So I just have to feel that there is another way for Mike and I to enter into God's fullness for us.<P>Thank You for your prayers,<BR>Taj<BR> <P><BR><P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 612 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation