Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#353339 08/16/00 06:59 AM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I was just thinking that there are those of you who might not be gleaning from the Boundaries thread and that since we all pretty much read everyone's thread anyway, if someone was willing to tear another book apart like I have done to the boundaries one, we could have another thread going at the same time. Even the one that POGP wrote about on forgiveness sounded good. I don't have an affair to work through, but I am sure there are things for me to learn about forgiveness so that I could apply the principles to my life.<P>As far as threads go though, I stil would like to keep all the Boundaries stuff in one thread so that I know where all the pieces are when I need to reread. Soem of the other forums have over 100 page posts, so I don't think the number of pages is an issue.

#353340 08/17/00 06:20 PM
T
T
I would like to see the boundary thread stay intact, all together. <P>Also, I agree to go on to the different styles of conflict before going to the boundary resistant person.<P>A new thread that stays together to discuss a new book is good too. I think we miss a lot if we have separate threads on the same book - so if we can keep them together, as we have in the boundary thread, it will make it easier to find. <P>For anyone having trouble remember what page you were on the last time you checked the thread, and you can pick up from there. <P>I forget who was writing about the picture problem, but it is definitely related to boundaries... I have been guilty of enthusiastically volunteering my husband for favors for friends, and found that I have had egg on my face as a result, so I never do that anymore! Instead I'll tell my friend that I'm not sure what my husband has planned/or what fires he has going, so she needs to directly deal with him, so I don't start taking ownership of their relationship.<P>The boundary thread is helping me very much.... I've had some instances lately - where my children's problems have been brought up, and although I am very concerned about them, I have to remind myself that if I take ownership of their problems - I am robbing them of the experiences of life.<P>Everytime I start to feel concerned for them, I shoot up a prayer, and then I remind myself that there were choices involved that they had control of - and this is how they learn, and that it is "not my problem". It is helping me to not sit around and figure out how to solve it for them, and helping me to "let go" so to speak. I am doing the same thing with my husband, as well. <P>The other night he procrostinated on a lengthly task he needed to get done for work - and then the toolbar settings were changed in excel - and he started throwing a fit. I was very very uncomfortable, - heart racing, and my first inclination was to run over to the computer and push him out of the chair and figure out how to fix up his toolbar. Ahhh, I said to myself, wait a minute! This Isn't your problem, do not allow yourself to feel responsible for it. Empathize with his feelings, but leave it as his problem, because he can learn from this experience. Maybe he can even explain how to avoid losing the settings for his tool bar.... (I use a different program for spreadsheets, so I don't think that I changed any settings, but who knows!!!)<P>Anyway, all I really want to say is that this boundary thread is helping me to learn to make some changes in my life, to be committed to taking responsibility for my problems, and not take responsibility for others problems. It doesn't mean that I can't help people, or help my husband, but it is clearly a problem if it is upsetting me or upsetting him - and I think once we get a handle in this area, there will be less stress and discord in our lives.<P>So let's keep the boundary thread in the same area, it is very helpful, and I am open to new book discussions in a different thread.<P>TNT

#353341 08/17/00 08:53 PM
S
SueB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Heard Stormie has another book out called Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ian T, SadNewYorker, 1 invisible), 1,073 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation