Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Karenna Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I finally have a detailed update on my complicated pregnancy. Remember that the baby was diagnosed with a severe chromosome abnormality back in July. I had an extreme excess of amniotic fluid, getting worse daily, and the placenta kept threatening to detach.<P>The therapeutic amnio went well on Sunday morning, no bleeding or contractions anyway, and they removed three pints. But Monday morning, at 12:05 a.m. my water broke. I really don't think it was related to the<BR>procedure, but we'll never know. It was like Niagara Falls for about 20 minutes. We got to the hospital right away. No bleeding, luckily, which was a great fear and had happened several times during the last two months.<P>Baby Charles was kicking, but I was worried about a possible prolapsed cord so I stayed on my hands and knees until they got me up to the Labor and Delivery room. They could not find his heartbeat even though we could all see, feel and hear his vigorous kicks on the monitor. They figured his little chest must be hiding right behind the placenta so we couldn't monitor it. I was barely 2 cm dilated so I settled in for a long night.<P>About an hour later labor contractions started. With my well documented history of very long labors I sent H home to get some good sleep and to bring 6yo daughter and my mother back first thing in the morning. By six a.m. I was at 4 cm and things were getting interesting. I asked them to try again to find his heartbeat because I hadn't felt kicks for a while. They still couldn't, but promised to get the ultrasound machine in and try to see the heart. Besides my anxiety for him, I figured if he hadn't survived labor I would go ahead and get drugs for the first time in my life.<P>What with the nursing staff shift changes they finally got it in and my doctor could see the inactive chest cavity by seven. By that time I was starting to feel the urge to push. I would have taken drugs earlier if we had known he was already gone! I frantically called home on my cell phone and told my six year old to tell daddy and grandma to come to the hospital RIGHT NOW! Why? she said. I hung up and coped with labor. (Time was so short that I never did get any drugs, thus preserving my 0 for 6 record, I guess.) <P>Right after that the head began to present and the doctor said that the cord was there, he had died of prolapsed cord after all. (They hadn't felt the cord present in the vaginal exams.) So it was a freak accident due to the polyhydamnios water fountain. No way to pick it up on fetal monitoring in time to prevent it!<P>The family walked in just about 5 minutes after he was born at 7:40 a.m. He was beautiful. He had his daddy's broad cheekbones, wide nose, full well-defined lips, and "bricklayer" hands. There was lots of straight soft black hair. He weighed 3 lbs, 10 oz. (1650 grams) and 16" long. As far as the recognized chromosomal abnormality markers go, his left hand was barely clenched, the fingers 2 and 5 were typically overlappable, his ears were a little wrinkled and had tiny little canals, and one big toe was short and bent. He was a little small for 36 weeks gestation. Otherwise he looked so perfect.<P>The doctor and staff were absolutely wonderful to us the whole time. We got all the keepsakes and support personnel, and referrals we could have dreamed of. I stayed a little late this morning making more handprints using a gel and plaster of Paris kit. We got two hands in the one frame. Beautiful. We were worried that his skin might tear in the process, but everything was nice and gentle and we left his little body in good hands.<P>We look forward to seeing him again in heaven someday.<P>Karenna, Mom to 5 and to Charles Douglas (T-18) who got his angel status yesterday, 11/06/00.<P>P.S. I really mean it about Niagara Falls. I weigh 23 lbs less now than I did on Sunday!!<P>And thank you so much again for the prayers!!!<P><BR>

W
W
Dearest Karenna,<P>My heartfelt condolences to hear that Charles Douglas is not spending longer with you on earth. But I know that he is with Jesus "So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given to the LORD." 1 Samuel 1:28.<P>God be with you and your loved ones at this time<BR>take care<BR>weep<P>

K
K
Ah, Karenna...<P>I am so, so sorry to hear this. It is so heartbreaking to have to say hello and goodbye simultaneously. He sounds just beautiful.<P>You and yours are in my prayers...<P>Kathi

H
hw Offline
H
Father,<BR>We thank You for this beautiful child, Charles Douglas, that was so precious to You that You wanted him immediately to sing in Heaven's choir. Lord protect and cover his earthly family with Your great love. Draw them closer together under Your arms draped around their shoulders together. Lord bring healing to Karenna's body, heart and soul. Lord, we praise You for life in Jesus. In Jesus name, Amen.<P>Karenna, I shed tears with you this morning for the joy and sadness of Charles birth. I am praying for you.

T
Taj Offline
T
Karenna,<P>I am so sorry for your loss. Your description of Charles birth sounds like a mother protecting her child. You are such a strong woman to of tried so hard to give your child life. Thank you for allowing all of us to share in your journey with Charles. May God bless you and give you His healing power to go on in this life without one of your children but confidence to know he will be waiting for you in heaven.<P>I am glad there are no tears in heaven....<P>Love in Christ, Taj

R
R
Karenna,<P>Tears are running down my face. I am sorry. You still sound so strong. <P>Thank you so much for the update. Heartfelt prayers to you and your family.

O
O
Dear Karenna, I will pray for you. I am happy that you know that our Father is a good God and that he never does anything that is capricious or neglectful. I, too, lost a full term child, as well as losing the baby several months ago. I know the feelings that come with this loss. But, I see your face is turned towards the Father and you are trusting in him for what you do not understand. This is a joy and a hope for all of us. Father, we thank you that your hand was on Karenna's situation, that you were present with her and continue to stand by her side. We thank you for your love and ask that you shower it on this sister and her family. We thank you that this precious child is in your loving hands, a place that a loving Mother can know is the one place better than being in her own arms. Father, I pray that you breathe life, hope, and joy into Karenna. I ask that you surround her with your presence and direct her steps so that she can walk the path you have chosen for her. IJN, Amen

N
NSR Offline
N
{{{Karenna}}}...<P>I too will be praying for you and your family and Charles too.<P>You will make it through this...<BR>...and so much more.<P>You will have many more blessings to come.<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>Jim

N
N
Karenna<P>I am at a loss for words, I am amazed at your strength. Your words were beautful and heart felt. May God bless you and your family in your time of need. Thank you so much for sharing your story. My prayers will be with you.<P>Noodles

B
B
Dear Karenna,<P>I'm so sorry. Baby Charles Douglas is in Paradise now with the Lord and the angels and saints. Your description of him is lovely. Sympathy to you and your family and God bless you.<P>Sincerely,<BR>Bellevue

D
D
Karenna:<P>I really don't know what to say concerning your loss.... it hit me pretty hard as my 19 year old daughter is due to deliver in the next few days.<P>I have always believed that there is a special place in heaven for babies like Charles and that you will have the opportunity to raise him someday.<P>In your situation, there are 2 verses that come to mind (both from the Apostle Paul):<P>"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable..."<P>"We sorrow....but not as those who have no hope"<P>Sorrow and grieving will be a normal part of the healing process.....but Praise God my friend and sister in Christ....that you are not 'without hope'<P>May you know the cushioning comfort of the Holy Spirit during this time....<P>[censored] from Texasd

H
H
Karenna, <BR>I'm so numb from your news. I'm praying hard for you and your family. I'm so sorry to hear this. We know that Charles is with our Lord Jesus Christ and couldn't be in better hands. That must be so hard to understand and accept. <BR>You are a wonderful person. All I can wish for is your peace of mind that you did all you could and loved Charles all along. <BR>You are in my prayers. <BR>Pookie

T
T
Karenna,<BR>I thought about you often recently and started to post to you. You are such a help and inspiration to many of us on this board. I have and will continue to keep you in my prayers. The story of Charles Douglas and his incredible birth deeply touched my heart. I wish I was gifted enough to find some comforting words for you and your family.<P>I lost a child last year but he wasn't full term. Still, it was very emotional and it filled me with emptyiness and confusion. Incredibly, that child's life impacted me as deeply as my other children. I will never forget him and the many things I learned from his life. God Bless you. tessa<P>

W
W
I too miscarried after a short pregnancy a few years ago, and that made me all guilty and empty, and have prayed for a long time to God for a bundle of precious. I thank God daily for my baby without whom my life after WS's A would be divorce.<P>I thank all of you for sharing and pray that each of you continue to feel God's presence in your lives.<P>And KARENNA,<BR>I ached for your loss and am praying for you a lot today.<P>God bless <BR>weep

B
B
Karenna,<P>I am so sorry, I know the pain you are in , I have been there. This site may help you, it did me even though I found it 20 years after the fact. <A HREF="http://www.aplacetoremember.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aplacetoremember.com/</A> <P>I am praying for all of you.

M
M
<BR>My thoughts have been with you, Karenna. Your update shows such a remarkably positive attitude. I'm glad you came through this trying time with your health and your sanity.<P>How is your daughter and your husband? It must be a tough thing for a 6 yo to get her lobes around.<P>Mike

C
C
{Karenna}<P>------------------<BR>nick<P>it's only time that heals the pain and makes the sun come out again

S
S
Karenna,<BR> I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've also lost two daughters, one at 36 weeks and the other at 35 weeks. It was so very hard to deal with, but knowing that some day, I'll have my babies with me forever, comforts me. I hope and pray that knowing you will once again hold Charles in your arms will be as great a comfort to you.<P>{{{{{{Karenna}}}}}}<P>

A
A
Dear Karrena and family,<BR> Sometimes it is hard to understand God's <BR>plans for us.I am sorry for your loss of baby Charles.He is one of God's littlest angels now. May God heal you in your time of grief.<BR> LOVE AND PRAYERS,BETH

A
A
Karenna<BR>I'm so sorry. I was gone for awhile and saw this sad news today.<BR>I am praying for you and your family.<BR>Amy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 986 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation