Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#354362 11/16/00 07:49 AM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I am feeling very excited and looking forward to our celebration. We are going up the North Shore this week-end to celebrate out 34th! Fireplace, Hottub the works! I told my h how lucky I am to have him in my life and the best part is I mean it. He told me that was one of the nicest things I've ever said to him. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>I never would of believed that there could be restoration to this degree in my marriage. The depth of betrayal goes so deep and when you are in the thick of it it just seems that there is no way through the maze.<P>I want to encourage all who read this post to hang in there. Even when there looks like no hope hang onto the thread and keep trusting in God. Someone once said when you feel like you can't hang on any longer God will tie a knot in the end and give you the strength to endure!<P>This has been the toughest 4 years of my life and I wouldn't want to go through it again but the thing is I actually have a more secure marriage today then I ever had before the betrayal. Little things like not being afraid to not say I love you before you end a phone conversation.......I was so insecure that even that was unthinkable. Love isn't being afraid!<P>We celebrated our 30th anniversary 2 weeks before D-day. My husband brough 30 long stem red roses into work, he brought them himself and presented them to me before all of my co-workers, I was so proud. I know he loved me then but now its so different. God has brought us to a point where fear is gone and oneness is real. Love is a committment that should never end no matter what. Sometimes we don't have a choice to remain in a marriage when the other person wants out but love remains a choice. <P>Don't be the one who gives up before the miracle happens!<P>Thanks for being here everyone, I appreciate all of you and your thoughts so very much.<P>Praise and Thanksgiving to El Roi.......the God who really sees!<P>Blessings, Taj<P>------------------<BR>"Perfect love casts out fear" I John 4:18

S
S
Happy anniversary my friend. So neat to see how God has softened your heart and broken off the icicles of bitterness and resentment. You are an encouragement to me.<P>I have thought and thought about your one comment in regards to being a stickler for the Word and how your hubby continues to feel threatened in this area. Thought about this verse this morning and wondered if it would give you the freedom to let go of being the "sticker" with your hubby.<P> PHP 3:15 All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. <P>Meditate and see if it fits, that God will make clear to your hubby things in His time and maybe it isn't so important right now that you prove the truth, that you can be content with the truth knowing that God will make clear whatever to your hubby in His time. Hugs to you my sister.

W
W
Dear Taj<P>Congratulations to you and your H. May the LORD Jesus shine upon your marriage and on each of you.<P>I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for being the first to answer my post by sharing your experience and the Word of God. I have been to a new counsellor now and will be seeing two different professional counsellors both of whom are Christians. I cannot see beyond a few days at a time, and need my WS to tell the whole truth to set me free. Your testimony is an encouragement! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>God bless and loves you<BR>take care<BR>HAPPY ANNIVERSARY<BR>weep

H
hw Offline
H
Taj:<P>Congratulations!!! Just before I came here to POPW I read Charlene cares. It was about believing what you believe dispite what the rest of the world might say, including Christian counselors. We are building an ark before God at His command. We may have to build for 100 years before we see His promises, but His promises stand.<P>Glad you stuck with building the ark! Now rejoice and enjoy the built in hot tub!<P>hw

O
O
Dear Taj: Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story. What God has done for you is something we can all rejoice about. Sometimes, when we are not seeing the answers in our own lives, your sharing the answers in your life brings a renewal of hope and encouragement. You have great heart and I appreciate your sharing here. Have a wonderful anniversary celebration-you truly have something to celebrate.

K
K
How wonderful! Hope your celebration is all you could dream of. I pray that you may continue to grow together for a very long time.

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks everyone!......and I love the idea of the hot tub ark! hw you are the best, SueB, you always come through with the scripture that fits, weep, my newest friend, may you know the truth and freedom you are looking for, onedayatatime, hang onto that knot, Karenna, God bless you and keep you in the palm of His hand.<P>See you next week<BR>Blessings, Taj

T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Now picture this.....<P>" Split rock fireplace,woodsy decor, flannel duvet with down comforter, warm sudsy jacussi, snow softly falling before a breathtaking view of Lake Superior"<P>My childhood sweetheart and me.....yup, it was a little bit of heaven right here on earth.<P>God is sooooooooooo good!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation