Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355625 10/15/01 04:54 PM
A
alias Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Our marriage has continued to heal from the A which took place in 98-99. We just celebrated another anniversary (17) last month. <P>My husband gave me a beautiful ring, but that wasn't the best gift. The best gift and most encouraging thing has been his continued expressions of remorse. These brief but deeply moving apologies come about once a month, usually when we are alone driving. They bring renewed grace for me when I might otherwise be tempted to 'pick my scabs'.<P>Another amusing thing is that he now tells me about friends of his with marriage problems and shares what advice he plans to give!<P>Spiritual restoration is gradual, but encouraging. We are involved in just a few church activities now and my h. has made a few more friends among the men.<P>I don't have panic attacks anymore, just occasional blue times when I first wake up.<P>Thank you all for your prayers, advice and support during our dark times.<P>lizzie/pogp

#355626 10/15/01 06:17 PM
S
S
<B>Lizzie</B><P>I'm so happy for you and your update is so encouraging. PTL It's so amazing how gracious and giving the Lord has been to so many of us, isn't it? [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]<P>I can only imagine how wonderful those best gifts of his sincere remorse are for you. We are in recovery too and it's going to be three years this up coming February. My husband however does not possess this deep remorse. In fact I know he still feels somewhat justified in what he did. He is a man of few words too often. Maybe someday I'll receive that same kind of gift. I know they healing I feel it would bring.<P>No more panic attacks. Yeah! Congratulations. I used to have those too for years and years when I was younger. Of course they came back a bit from the aftermath of the affair for a while. I know how relieved you must be not to have them anymore. You have received healing honey and I'm so happy for you on that too.<P>The increased church involvement, well what can I say but I have a huge smile on my face. [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]<P>As a matter of fact your update helped make my day. So thank you. You are just another one of those many blessings in my life. <P>Hugs,

#355627 10/15/01 07:22 PM
Q
Q
AMEN!!<P>Lovely to see you, too!!!<P>I'm off to spend some time with my H, who has a night OFF (thank God, since he's been on this horrid modified grave shift for the last three months - this is the last week - YAY [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] - but enough about me - LOL).<P>No more panic attacks... that's wonderful!!!<P>Just a neato post!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]

#355628 10/15/01 10:18 PM
T
T
Howdy - glad to see you all. Do you like the new forum?<P>Samantha, you said "We are in recovery too and it's going to be three years this up coming February." Wow, has it really been that long?<P>God is Good, isn't he? <P>My husband doesn't have remorse either [img]images/icons/confused.gif" border="0[/img] - claims it was my fault because I didn't immediately move to MN in 96 when he did.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] Oh well, I guess it would feel better definitely if there was some remorse, but - it is not a pre-requisite to recovery, now is it?<P>So good to hear from you!<P>God Bless these ladies on this forum, Lord. In Jesus Name.<BR>TnT

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation