Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#355749 11/10/01 05:31 PM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Just wanted to ask for prayer. My heart has been broken for the second time in 5 years. My husband died a week ago tonight.
Taj

#355750 11/10/01 06:00 PM
E
E
I'm praying for you and your family, that God may comfort you during this dreadful time.<p>God bless you and keep you,<p>SAU

#355751 11/10/01 06:21 PM
S
S
Taj<p>Oh Taj, I hardly know what to say? I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. In the midst of tears dripping on chest my heart is breaking for you. <p>I pray the the good Lord will wrap His loving arms around you and bring you comfort.<p>Can't think of the right words to say, just know you're in my thoughts, my heart and my prayers.<p>God bless & keep you and yours,

#355752 11/10/01 06:31 PM
Q
Q
Oh! no!! [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I am very, very sorry for your loss...<p>I remember your name, from years ago... and I am praying for you at this moment...

#355753 11/10/01 06:56 PM
T
T
Dear Taj,<p>I am glad you let us know. I've been wondering how you've been doing since you told us about your husband's rare form of cancer. I would imagine that not too many real-life people (we are real people - but cyber based) know about how you both went through such awful times from the infidelity, and how you finally recovered - only to suffer the death of your beloved.<p>I can't imagine how defeated you must feel - but Taj, you are not defeated, rather you and your husband triumphed. It is so fortunate there was a recovery from infidelity before you had to deal with your husbands cancer - I just can't imagine your husband having to go through his last days while living that infidelity horrible lie. Praise God that this didn't happen.<p>May God be with you and comfort you, always.<p>((((taj))))<p>God bless You,
TnT

#355754 11/10/01 08:27 PM
L
L
Taj,
I am so sorry. I pray God's comfort and strength for you and your family.

#355755 11/10/01 11:13 PM
C
C
Taj,
It seems so trite to say I feel for you. Know that my prayers are with you and will be thinking of you. God Bless, Dear..........Bren

#355756 11/10/01 11:49 PM
L
L
My words are entirely inadequate. Your heart will be mended by the only One who can. I am feel deep sorrow for your loss.

#355757 11/11/01 06:53 AM
B
B
Thoughts and prayers are headed up for you and the rest of the family Taj, I wish all the MBer's could be there in person to give you hugs. While we can't do that what we can do is ask God to comfort you as only He can.<p>Deb

#355758 11/11/01 07:12 AM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you everyone for your caring words of concern. It doesn't surprise me that I continue to gravitate here to the forum when I need support. People here know me in a way that no one else does and there is great comfort in being truly understood right now. The struggles that Mike and I went through were layed out here in black and white in such a way that God was able to use other sufferers to help heal us. For that I will forever be grateful and owe so much. Of course God is the great healer but he used each one of you to apply the healing balm.<p>I am so proud of Mike. His faith never waivered in his struggle against cancer and tho he was only 57 yrs I guess God said, "well done faithful servant its time to come Home". Our marriage was completely healed in every way over a year ago. It took us longer then most but it was worth the battle. God doesn't always heal in an instant and time is really not the factor, it is trust in His ability to make two one again. I have a hole the size of Texas in my heart and I don't exactly know who I am apart from my husband. I have been continually fighting over the last 5 years, first for our marriage and the last 4 mos for his health, now I have to learn how to relax again.<p>Trustntruth, you said we triumphed! Yes! Thank you for those words. We are truly more then conquerers in Christ Jesus. Again, thank you everyone for the cyber hugs, prayers and words of encouragement, you are the best and I can't wait to see you face to face in Glory.<p>To all who are still waiting for healing in their marriage, know that God truly is able. Keep on trusting and never, ever give up hope.<p>Blessings,
Taj

#355759 11/11/01 08:55 AM
S
S
Oh Taj,
How my heart both hurts with you for your loss and rejoices for the victories God has brought to yours and Mike's life these last couple of years. It has been so exciting to watch God work in your lives and now to see part of His purpose in rewarding Mike's renewed faith and faithfulness is so incredibly awesome!<p>I remember when I lost my husband and how I finally had to admit that I was even angry at the Father for I wasn't ready to let my husband go and I had wanted more time with him. Give yourself permission to grieve Sister. How I wished I lived closer to be able to give you a hug. <p>Father God, precious giver of all things, pour your healing spirit over Taj this day. Let her experience the peace that only you can give, comfort her and provide those who can stand by her side in support. Let your glory reign in her life as you heal one more hurt. Let her feel your presence in a mighty way this day. Let the warmth of the sunshine bathe her, let your angels surround her and minister to her as they ministered to Jesus. Thank you for bringing this sister into my life and for the example of faithfulness. IJN, Amen

#355760 11/11/01 10:33 AM
F
F
Taj
I am so sorry. Yet I am happy that you found peace and success in the recovery of your marriage.

#355761 11/11/01 10:34 AM
C
cl Offline
C
Dear Taj,
My heart goes out to you during this very difficult time.
Sending prayers and ((((((((hugs))))))))
cl

#355762 11/11/01 12:39 PM
N
N
Ohhh Taj,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take comfort in the knowledge he was at peace with you and his God during the difficult times and secure with the assurance of your and God's constant love. Hold those good memories close to your heart. My prayers are with you.

#355763 11/11/01 02:10 PM
L
L
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.<p>God bless.<p>Love,<p>Lori and Robert

#355764 11/11/01 10:05 PM
H
hw Offline
H
Oh Taj, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Know that the Lord is holding you and crying tears with you but rejoicing at receiving Mike into heaven with Him.<p>You have been such an encouragement and a sister in Christ. I too wish I could be there to hold your hand, give you a hug and cry with you.<p>Lord, fill the hole in Taj's heart with Your perfect love. Let her grab hold of You, to cling and to depend on You in the next months. Thank You Lord that although You have called him home and this is a loss for Taj, it is not also the loss of opportunity for their marriage to be healed. Lord, thank you for reconciling Mike to You and Mike and Taj's marriage before it was Mike's time to come home to You.<p>Lord, surround Taj with supportive family and friends. Heal her hurts and her heart. Touch others as they see Your glory in Mike's life. Lord you are good and You are faithful to us. In Jesus name, Amen<p>I pray many blessing be bestowed upon you and your family in the months to come.<p>hw

#355765 11/12/01 05:53 PM
K
K
Dearest Taj,<p>Words cannot express the emotions of such a time. May I join your grief? I am sitting here sobbing at my desk just knowing how you must be feeling.<p>Everything I type seems so trite. But I will try to express a few of my thoughts in the hope that you will feel the love and intention of my heart. <p>There is no way out of the pain of loss but through it. I have been so moved by your experiences and wisdom. We are blessed to have you here.<p>My own abyss of exactly one year ago taught me a grand multitude of lessons. Wouldn't we all rather not endure the painful paths that lead us to eternal life! I pray that the Lord will hold in His arms, comfort you in your sorrow, and continue to walk with you throughout your life that you may complete your mission He sent you here to accomplish. <p>You will never be all alone, Taj, except by choice. All the wonderful compassionate work you have done here and how you let your light shine for us all just has to come back and bless you in your hour of need!<p>Love and {{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}, <p>Karenna

#355766 11/13/01 07:51 AM
T
Taj Offline OP
OP Offline
T
You all continue to hold me so close and comfort me. I thank you for your concern and the way you all have entered into my grief. My old friends, you are the best.<p>The family finally left and I had my "primal scream". The emptiness I feel is not unlike the emptiness I felt 5 years ago. This of course I know to be permanent and betrayal was always wrapped in the hope that we would survive....and that we did! Our 35th anniversary is next week, the 20th, I will go to Colorado if the weather holds out, just can't stay around here right now. I plan on driving myself since airline tickets are very expensive and mentally I don't think I can handle the crowds. Please pray for God's hand to give me safety in my traveling, it is about 900 miles.<p>One more thing, while we were at the Mayo Clinic I developed kidney stones. I leave today for surgery to have them removed, I guess they just pulverize them with a laser or something. It almost kept us from getting home but God was merciful and they patched me together so I could get Mike home. <p>I will check in after all of this is taken care of. Thank you again to all my sisters here, you have helped me so much.<p>Love,
Taj

#355767 11/13/01 08:11 AM
Q
Q
Hi again Taj,<p>Well, I don't know that you'll get this before you go, but know that I am praying for those stones to be zapped to oblivion!<p>I must tell you that your thread has allowed me to feel some things I have been afraid to face for quite some time. You don't know, and you don't need to know all the details... just know that you and Mike have helped me... through your story...<p>I pray for travelling mercies for you... you be sure to let us know when you're going so we can cover you with prayer all during the journey, okay??<p>Taj, you are a lovely woman, and I am sending you warm hugs,<p>Sheryl

#355768 11/15/01 02:12 PM
L
L
Taj,
Did you try airline tickets through Priceline.com? Make them an offer of what you can afford, sometimes it is really surprising the low bids they will accept. <p>I pray your kidney stones completely disintegrate with no pain for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,352 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation