Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#355782 11/17/01 01:21 AM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HI All,
I need some prayers and love!
I just had a neighbor come and tell me my dog died. He was kind enough to bring him up to the house for me for burial tomorrow.
He was my best buddy, I loved him more than imaginable. We have been through a lot together and he was still quite young. I am still in shock, have no idea how to stop the tears or how to sleep wihtout him at the side of my bed.
Please pray for us. I usually dont do this but feel I really need some support. H is out of town-not due back for quite awhile, son is away for the weekend, and we are in a new town. Thanks, cl

#355783 11/17/01 02:13 AM
L
L
{{{{{{{{{cl}}}}}}}}}}}<p>Losing pets is the absolute worst. They love so unconditionally. They're never unfaithful. I was an absolute basket case after losing mine. I'm turning into one right now just thinking about it. I can feel your sorrow and share it with you. <p>Heavenly Father, I lift up cl to You for comfort that only You can provide. She feels alone without her H, her son, in a town that is new. Please reveal to cl why you chose this time to call her little buddy home. You have reasons in everything You do. Draw cl's heart up high and bless it with acceptance. IJN Amen.

#355784 11/17/01 11:35 AM
Q
Q
Hello sweetheart!! I am soooooo sorry about your loss...<p>I had my Bo, my love of my life in the fur-faced world, pass on several years ago. I took his doggie license, and a pic of him, and a card someone sent in sympathy, and made a little shrine... maybe you can do that when you're feeling a bit stronger. <p>The card... and it made me cry so get ready... said:<p>They will not go quietly,
the dogs who've shred our lives.
In subtle way they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us thing
we hear a barking at the door.
Or setp back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will.
<p>May God bless you and give your heart warmth and peace today,<p>Love, Sheryl

#355785 11/17/01 02:23 PM
T
T
Oh that is sooo sad. [img]images/icons/frown.gif" border="0[/img] <p>((((((cl)))))<p>It is even harder when you are alone right now - where are the boys? How did they take it?<p>My mom and dad lost "Toro" - the fattest chijuaja you've ever seen last summer, a week before our little guy went to go visit his grandparents. Not having a brother - my parents considered Toro as their son. They were just devestated, and I was sure sad for them. They had Toro over 16 years - so he had been so much a part of our family.<p>It is hard when you lose your companion. You will be in my prayers.
TnT

#355786 11/17/01 03:39 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thank you lh, tnt and sheryl.
I just came in from burying my best bud and i cannot stop the tears. I think I am still in shock. love, cl

#355787 11/17/01 06:19 PM
S
S
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<p>I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sorry I wasn't here for you when this all occurred. You have helped me so much lately.<p>I know the pain you're experiencing right now. Most of us probably do. I know in the past my pets have been my only solace and peace that I could physically touch. They would snuggle up to me and comfort me when I didn't a warm body. When one of them passed it was so gut wrenching. It is loosing a member of your family. <p>I'm sorry that you're alone right now. I wish each and everyone of us could be right there with you to hold and comfort you. <p>Dear heavenly Father,<p>Please wrap Your loving arms of comfort around CL tonight. Give her Your ultimate peace and love that can only come from You. Allow her the comfort of knowing that her "best buddy" is safely with you right now and will be there waiting for her when it's time for her to come home and be with You.<p>Give her the warmth and love that everyone here on the site is sending her way. Let her know although she may be alone right now, that she's not alone, because our love, thoughts and prayers are with her.<p>In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.<p>One more {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<p>Signing off with prayers and love,
Samantha

#355788 11/18/01 12:07 AM
L
L
cl, I am crying my eyeballs out just reading what everyone's said here. I'm sad that your family is away while all this is happening. I was just thinking how I could still "see" my best buddies in the back yard or the kitchen for a few days afterwards. Just for a few seconds at time. Even my vet confessed to this. They really do stay with you.

#355789 11/18/01 04:53 PM
P
P
Hi CL,<p>
I am so sorry for you loss. I know what it feels like. I am sure your pet is happy on the other side of the rainbow bridge. <p>It is just so hard. Our pets give us more than we could ever give in return. My heart is broken for your loss. Abby, Goliath and I will pray for your loss.<p>
((((((CL))))))))

#355790 11/20/01 10:48 AM
L
L
cl,
I'm sorry for your loss. I've had some really good dogs and know what wonderful companions they can be...even though my current dog...well the kids love her. And, since she is about 10, I know there will be tears when she goes, although Guard believes the dog will live forever just to spite us.<p>Hugs to you,

#355791 11/20/01 08:15 PM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HI All,
Thank you for your love and prayers. Someone listened...I only lost it twice today at work. The prayers are helping a lot.
Last night I ventured out to costco. I started crying in the middle of the store. As soon as I thought abt him not waiting for me when I got home, I just started bawling.
He is a bulldog and snored very loud. Though it was too much some nights and he got booted out of the bedroom, I actually have been waking up to listen for the snore. It was so familar and comforting.
Whew, this is hard. I just loved him so very much.
I know with your prayers and support it will get better. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. cl

#355792 11/20/01 09:32 PM
S
S
CL<p>I'm still praying and thinking of you. I am glad that you were able to do fairly well with keeping the tears at bay at work.<p>I don't know if you want to talk or not? If you do, I'm online...I'd love to opprotuntiy to help you as you did me.<p>In the meantime {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CL}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}<p>God bless you and keep you,
Samantha

#355793 11/24/01 11:07 PM
L
L
My prayers are with you. I know exactly how you feel. My H had a bulldog when we got married, her name was Flo. She hated me, I was the competition. She even peed on my side of the bed [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] But she was awesome to our daughter when she was a baby. Flo died protecting D from another dog that had ripped our screen door to shreds. She kept the dog away from our D until H could get her. Flo chased the dog out of the house and out of our yard. A car swerved to miss the dog and pulled into our driveway and hit Flo. I cried forever. Our second bulldog was Angel. She had a litter of puppies and we kept one. Angel died a year ago and I miss her so much. Her son Max is lying here at my feet snoring and farting. Boy, nothing can stink like a Bulldog fart. I am so sorry for your loss, I have been there. And I fully understand the pain caused by losing a dog that can be so irritating and cute at the same time. The snoring, drooling, eating like a truck but when they jump around and put their butts up and their heads down in that bulldog position of "Let's play", you can't help but love every inch of their ugly little faces. Max and I share your pain and I gave him an extra hug that I have just sent to you. ((((((( you ))))))))

#355794 11/27/01 12:30 AM
C
cl Offline OP
OP Offline
C
HI All,
Thank you for your kind words.
I am hanging in there....grieving and all that.
Basking in your kind prayers.
Linaka, welcome to MB! Thanks for thinking of me during this very hard time in your life. You are new and I hope you will stay awhile and take in the MB philosophy. This is a good place, filled with love and caring people to help you along the journey.
aloha, cl

#355795 11/27/01 01:54 AM
S
S
CL<p>I'm so glad you checked in and that the prayers are helping. Your kind welcome to Linaka is wonderful. I hadn't even noticed she was new? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Linaka another welcome. CL is so right, this is a supberb place with the most concerned, supportive and loving people you'll find anywhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 682 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation